• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Starting to buy into the sabotage theory

It’s posts like yours that keep me from responding to other posters and their belief that a carrier must be asleep at the case because they are way over evaluation without a clue of the route being discussed.

My responses would likely get me banned from this site forever.

Thanks.
It would be nice, however, to see some of the experts that believe everyone's route is a Karen within easy reach of eval-- come out and have a go at some of the new monsters.
High mileage, unmarked rutted roads, far from the city, a Uhaul load of uncounted Amazon for a POV, mud, heat, snow, rub-board stretches that knock you into a ditch.

That would be alright. But its only probably 30-something% of us now.

Last edited:
It would be nice, however, to see some of the experts that believe everyone's route is a Karen within easy reach of eval-- come our and have a go at some of the new monsters.
High mileage, unmarked rutted roads, far from the city, a Uhaul load of uncounted Amazon for a POV, mud, heat, snow, rub-board stretches that knock you into a ditch.

That would be alright. But its only probably 30-something% of us now.

I guess that would put those of us with routes like you described in the basket of deplorables.

I hate to start confrontation online. But I just cant help myself. This was just not a good response on your part. It just shows that you are oblivious as to what is going on outside of your area. As many others have stated, not all offices are like yours. Some are being literally crushed. Not "high volume". CRUSHED. Your job is to defend rural carriers and our contract. That's it. I don't know where all this other stuff is coming from. I suggest you become a 204b. It would be a much better fit.
I have zero management aspirations and no problem defending the carriers in my office. With that being said, 12 hours on 42........cmon.

Don't get what? He should be happy to work 32 hours for 24 hours pay? He should be happy about this?

There is no way to "help" him get to 40 hours. The PO, as you should well know, watches to make sure he stays under.
Who said help him? I said “help” as in run expresses, take splits, help regulars with parcels etc. If that office has an RCA that’s working under 40 and not helping regulars with this volume, those regulars need to file.

No fair and equitable process needed to re-evaluate a route if it were hourly, period. EVAL is an antiquated piece of crap system ripe for management abuse. Face it folks. You can see it with your own eyes.
Agreed.
I like being evaluated. I have benefited greatly from being evaluated.
As I creep up in age, it's more difficult to smash evaluation.
But the only answer is hourly to a majority of the issues.

Last edited:
Who said help him? I said “help” as in run expresses, take splits, help regulars with parcels etc. If that office has an RCA that’s working under 40 and not helping regulars with this volume, those regulars need to file.
There are offices that do not have RCAs assist regulars except for Christmas overtime period. The RCAs are only in the building when a regular has leave and days off. This is why some of regulars are absolutely screaming about the Amazon. We work many hours every day beyond evaluation because we are salaried and have never made evaluation since Amazon arrived after the last count. Count your blessings if you are in an office where management will provide some assistance because they really don't have to according to our contract.

what is the basis for the grievance to demand assistance routinely, other than when evaluation is in the official overburdened status, which applies to few?
COVID has caused an increase in parcel volume from what most routes were counted as having. Management knows this and should be providing assistance due to this increased workload.

There are offices that do not have RCAs assist regulars except for Christmas overtime period. The RCAs are only in the building when a regular has leave and days off. This is why some of regulars are absolutely screaming about the Amazon. We work many hours every day beyond evaluation because we are salaried and have never made evaluation since Amazon arrived after the last count. Count your blessings if you are in an office where management will provide some assistance because they really don't have to according to our contract.
Someone posted that they work 32 hours a week and I think it's messed up that any office has an RCA working less than forty hours a week when parcel volume is up. RCAs can be worked seven days a week. My office is scheduling RCAs a day off every week while regulars work their K days. That defeats the purpose of the RCA.

Any mou or national guidance to give as a reference specific to this course of action?
There is a class action at step four right now for this. Management is choosing to be ignorant to the fact that parcels up and are using the excuse that mail volume is down so carriers should be making eval. This parcel pandemic is not considered a normal flow of mail.

PastOThirty et al -- "Twingrlie said: COVID has caused an increase in parcel volume from what most routes were counted as having. Management knows this and should be providing assistance due to this increased workload.
"Any mou or national guidance to give as a reference specific to this course of action?"

-- Just shooting from the lip:

-- I suppose a carrier could approach manglement with: "You can see how I am running over the route's evaluation ( on a daily basis, etc do to the increase in parcels ) and or am using DACA 5 on my relief days. Would you like to be proactive and provide some assistance NOW, or wait until next year when the Eagan List comes out and I am a candidate for 2080 problems. Or worse, 2240 problems - which tends to draw the interest of District personnel who like to look at what you actually did ( or didn't do ) to avoid 2240 issues." ( or words to that effect )

No fair and equitable process needed to re-evaluate a route if it were hourly, period. EVAL is an antiquated piece of crap system ripe for management abuse. Face it folks. You can see it with your own eyes.
Sorry, I disagree. I've been in the corporate world for most of my working life and have been salaried and successful and happy, as have tens of thousands who worked on my teams. As a manager, I valued my teams and recognized and rewarded their successes. The post office management does neither and they need to go.

A fair evaluation system would be supported by a majority of carriers. If anyone wants to work hourly then work as a city carrier. Or force rural craft to go hourly. It's not up to me but my opinion with reasons thereof are. You said it yourself, MANAGEMENT ABUSE. The problem isn't evaluation system, its the asshat managers who screw employees. THEY need to GO and let us work fairly and equitably.

When I was new, in my office, these problems were usually handled within the craft. Management wanted the responsibility of scheduling and made a point of taking over this. Before management decided to take control social pressure to make our part of the Postal Service work was very high.
Yes. We still do that on our team. High morale, high satisfaction, and management leaves us alone for the most part.

Yes. We still do that on our team. High morale, high satisfaction, and management leaves us alone for the most part.
You are lucky. That was why the Rural Craft was the best craft to work for. We were a team and not just a group of people.

When I started, the Congressional appointees were gone but there were still plenty of people that knew them. Sometimes I wonder if this change may have been part of the problem for the Rural Craft. The Postal Service may have felt is was smarter to leave appointees alone.

Oddly enough, this feeling of not being part of the team may be the major part of the issue with the union also. The union did not really change its game. It just did not listen when people started pointing out issues we were having with the Postal Service.

Last edited:
I find it interesting how all these MOU's union comes up with is blatantly turned around against us. Volunteering to Work on other routes you constantly hear how they are being made to work other routes(not choice). The latest is how ARC's can now be used for package help for rural, is now being used for city side, and still no help for rural. YAH YAH I know file that grievance that sits for how long and then wait that much longer to get compensated for it. Management knows that we will not get overtime but the city side will, so who gets the help? I am certain we will hear about the annual crap that the MOU for carrying extra hours over has all to do with annual being denied. I see a pattern here anyone else.

I find it interesting how all these MOU's union comes up with is blatantly turned around against us.
I don’t understand where the board gets the authority to alter the contract with an M.O.U.

Clarify the gray areas in the contract yes but directly alter it no.

I guess after spending thousands of dollars we may get a chance to argue this before the board. If we think they will find them selves in the wrong.

Our POOM does not allow package help. When those Regs get near OT a different RCA will be told to take part of the routes (mail+packages), to make sure he (RCA being shafted) stays under 40 hours.

Our POOM does not allow package help. When those Regs get near OT a different RCA will be told to take part of the routes (mail+packages), to make sure he (RCA being shafted) stays under 40 hours.
Hourly and overtime are the magic wand, salary your screwed.

Back