• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Starting to buy into the sabotage theory

Fair enough but in my estimation pursuing an hourly pay system would be a much easier pursuit than getting rid of abusive management. What vehicle do you do that through? At least with pay, a new Union of employees desiring an hourly wage is easy to achieve. There is a lot of legal protection for workers forming their own Union. USPS couldn't just start firing Carriers for forming a new Union demanding hourly pay for the Rural Craft.
Of course it's easier to just go hourly. Become a city carrier in essence. Maybe even dump NRLCA and join APWU. Subject to the same rules and restrictions, with city the structure is already in place. Let the rift between management and labor continue as hated opponents. Go to work each day with the attitude "they won't make me do that, I'll grieve."

Many of us here started as duals. We specifically chose rural craft because we WEREN'T hourly, and we had extraordinary freedom to manage our routes and our mail. Yes, some of that has been challenged with the crap data that management now uses. I believe most of us do NOT want management scrutinizing every single breath we take, requiring city mandated "everything to the street" operations. I don't want to carry other swings, case others, have every single second at work under observation. No thanks.

It's primarily Amazon that's screwed up a majority of the evaluations. Yes, during this political season, one of the most intense in memory, has helped, but that's short term. What we REALLY need is our current evaluation system BUT with a fair way to evaluate parcels. Anyone want to try to take a stand? I sure do but I know I'm in a different position, having made my retirement in my corporate days, so I can risk more than most can. How about standing behind DeJoy? He sure seems to want to support us. He also wants to put the heat to management and their asshat attitude.

I'm a member of neither political party. I'm independent. And the rural craft appeals to me. I want to run my own show and I know I can do a better job and save my employer money because I care. Many of you are in agreement.

The clerks and city carriers are essentially salaried. They have rules that provide guarantees to hours worked when scheduled, and even more rules to protect their opportunities to work. Hourly isn’t a total crapshoot, where you lose expectation of earnings. The only thing lost is the crapshoot of counts and terrible mail volume factors that don’t represent the real volatility of work. And the incentive to run endlessly.
City carriers are far from salaried. I've worked city in three offices where they have rurals as well. Every single thing they do at work is on the clock, and they work 8 and that's IT unless they're on the ODL. or mandated by management. The union represents city carriers so they don't have to do anything they aren't absolutely required to do. Again, absolute security of 8 hour days, 5 days a week. Their income is constant but their work is absolute 8 hours. Slow down, call for help, you get it as they won't pay overtime if at all possible. Half the carriers in one of our offices do HALF the work of a rural carrier but get paid for a full day. I want no part of that. If our craft says they do, and it happens, so be it.

Dejoy hasnt lifted a finger to help us. Not sure why you'd put any faith in him... yet.

He tried by attempting to get trucks to run on time and consolidating reporting to prevent on time falsification. Shot down after about a week.

Maybe try this... the highest level of office manglement arrives upon start time and stays until the last carrier is back. That includes offices, district, and regional.

Routinely put test mail in route boxes just like collection boxes. Those pieces must be dispatched. No holding/hiding mail until the next day. Manglement runs late mail to the plant.

I know carriers despise SPM scans. Maybe we need more. Track mail for a purpose.

Bonuses for efficient work. DPS screwed up should cost the plant, not the carrier.

When their asses are inconvenienced maybe they will get their crap together.

Our truck's schedule is still rigid. It leaves on time even if a carrier is a minute away. Is that not still in effect?

I said "us", as in carriers. Yes we are part of the system, and there are systemic problems - but I'm looking specifically at the people at the end of the line.

Truck schedules are the same in our District as they were prior to DeJoy. Actually, everything is the same as before DeJoy,

Every single initiative DeJoy attempted to enact has been frozen or rolled back. The Post Office management, the courts, and external pressure has told him NO CHANGES, STATUS QUO.

I believe workers (carriers, clerks etc.) will win if he's able to make some changes. Major trouble is ALL management and the unions (all of them) are full bore AGAINST him because he threatens to expose every bad manager and all the hiding they've done. He wants most of them to lift, sort, carry instead of sit in an office and dream up new ways to screw and punish carriers using corrupt data and acting like little dictators.

DeJoy has tried. I believe the "Trump" label hung on his neck is a diversion and irrelevant.

I don't believe what a man's enemies say about him, my source is what the man says himself. Judge that. At least you're judging more fairly as they're the man's words, not filtered by others.

OR we could take the current managements' and the unions suggestions and beg for $60 billion and keep everything the same, let the money run out in a few years, and then beg again for more money without ever having to commit to a single impactful change. Change means those who don't do shit are at risk for outplacement. Those who work are candidates for raises, time off, recognition.

And yet you're attributing a bunch of things to him that he's never said. When did he say he was going to expose bad management - or push desk jockeys into lifting, sorting and carrying?

Say what you want, but he WAS given the job because of cronyism. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a fair shake, but trust and confidence will have to be earned, it's certainly not a given.

All the changes up the chain matter little if the plan is to continue to work us like mules, and not do anything to address the sub crisis.

Look, I don't care what people say but they<same shit different year>democrats and fake republicans would not have so viciously attacked if DeJoy wasn't over the target with his reforms. I have a HUGE suspicion that $billions are being laundered through the USPS. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REVENUE GOING???

RCA's like me are driving trucks built in 1991 and you want me to be against DeJoy? Where the fuck is top management funneling all the money? Where is all the money going?? Where?
I don't want you to be against him. But let's not give him credit for work that hasn't been done yet. Again, he hasn't lifted a finger for us. So why people would be enamored with him is also curious.

A lot of the money goes right into those 1991 LLVs. :) Man I know our local garage guy makes a killing off us.

Truck schedules are the same in our District as they were prior to DeJoy. Actually, everything is the same as before DeJoy,

Every single initiative DeJoy attempted to enact has been frozen or rolled back. The Post Office management, the courts, and external pressure has told him NO CHANGES, STATUS QUO.

I believe workers (carriers, clerks etc.) will win if he's able to make some changes. Major trouble is ALL management and the unions (all of them) are full bore AGAINST him because he threatens to expose every bad manager and all the hiding they've done. He wants most of them to lift, sort, carry instead of sit in an office and dream up new ways to screw and punish carriers using corrupt data and acting like little dictators.

DeJoy has tried. I believe the "Trump" label hung on his neck is a diversion and irrelevant.

I don't believe what a man's enemies say about him, my source is what the man says himself. Judge that. At least you're judging more fairly as they're the man's words, not filtered by others.

OR we could take the current managements' and the unions suggestions and beg for $60 billion and keep everything the same, let the money run out in a few years, and then beg again for more money without ever having to commit to a single impactful change. Change means those who don't do shit are at risk for outplacement. Those who work are candidates for raises, time off, recognition.
Thank goodness for some accurate perspective. Dejoy took a one-horse hauler and walked away selling it for $600 million. For me, that means the guy might be smarter than some of the PMGs that have warmed a desk in Washington over the years. One look at the mythical RRECs thing shows you how smart and together our outfit has been.

The operation is going down the drain, and something will have to be done. So far, due to the incessant whining of the reporters, politicians, and courts, Dejoy hasn't been allowed to do a thing. So, we'll just keep swirling further down, I guess.

I'm sure there are those that would rather hit the sewer than go thru a fix, though. Yeah, there will be lots of complaining while keeping paychecks.

Last edited:
A lot of the money goes right into those 1991 LLVs. :) Man I know our local garage guy makes a killing off us.
Ooohh, I'm so jealous. I drive a styling '87. Which had a fire at some point and then they threw a '90 body on it. Runs 2 different rims on it. I call her Esmeralda. She's very moody. She can be a little witch at times. But, its magical when she gets you back to the office.
My rca sweet talks her, too. Clearly she runs better on praise.

Look, I don't care what people say but they<same shit different year>democrats and fake republicans would not have so viciously attacked if DeJoy wasn't over the target with his reforms. I have a HUGE suspicion that $billions are being laundered through the USPS. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REVENUE GOING???

RCA's like me are driving trucks built in 1991 and you want me to be against DeJoy? Where the f**k is top management funneling all the money? Where is all the money going?? Where?
Several reports, as well as DeJoy, have accounted for a huge chunk of the revenue losses. First place, overtime. Second place, work slowdowns and purposeful actions that make jobs take more time and personnel, third place, bloated management which contributes nothing but negatives, fourth place, inefficient distribution systems and processes. And that's just a start. There's enough waste and abuse just as there is in most federal agencies of this size. It's systemically inbred.

Trouble is, the unions and management LIKE it as is, they employ lots more people than an efficient operation would employ, and any changes even hinted at by DeJoy are met with wails, exaggerations of demise, screaming to Congress to throw heaps of cash on the PO without a single change for the better. Management hates DeJoy because many will be put back to carrying and sorting, and others will be just excessed. The remaining ones will have to work efficiently or be candidates for replacement.

Carriers should give him a shot. He's claimed repeatedly (his own words, check them out for yourself) that he values carriers and we need more to help the overburdened. Carriers provide a service, management provides nothing.

Back