Surprised at my LLV

RDruckus

Our LLVs get taken to the VMF (vehicle maintenance facility) every now and then.

Mine came back after a week's absence.
Wait for it.....

........THEY RECONNECTED THE AIR CONDITIONER!!!!!!!

I don't believe it, either. The temperature control knob had been replaced and now easily pivots 180 degrees instead of 40 degrees. I don't know if they charged the system, but it doesn't blow hot air on me the entire time it's running now. The air that came out of it was cooler than the cab temperature, but not cold.

Should I buy a lottery ticket?

Kubota Man

I still feel like I'm in a dream or something, that the post office would have EVER spent money on air conditioning for us. It comes as a total surprise to me and I've had the hood up numerous times and never noticed a compressor. I may have to sneak back to my office and check.

RDruckus

RDruckus I can’t tell if this is a joke thread but,

BIG IF TRUE!!! 🤗🤗🤗
No joke.
I sent @C$$ picks, in a text, of the control panel showing new knob.
(I didn't look under the hood, will do that in about ten days when I'm off my "staycation.")
Perhaps what they did has just stopped it from continuously blowing hot air.
Either way, it's something to be grateful for.

RDruckus

Shhhhhhhh. The more you talk about any unexpected joy from the USPS, the quicker mgt. will want to squash it. Keep you new found blessing to yourself before mgt. reassigns that LLV to one of their fav pets.
It did occur to me that it may be some type of USPS CYA move, due to lawsuits or some other type of government watchdog thing.

DB.Cooper

Quite likely between zero and none. As hot as those vehicles can get, there are still thousands of people doing quite a bit of manual labor under much more severe heat conditions.
So, I guess yer saying slim to none.... and Slim just left town.... 🙁

Heat can kill you, and it can kill you very quickly. It’s really the employers’ job to make sure their workers are safe.”

A U.S. Department of Labor spokesperson said that OSHA is “aggressively” pursuing litigation against USPS through the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission related to heat-related illnesses postal employees have suffered.

Extreme heat doesn't stop the mail — even at the cost of postal workers' health – Center for Public Integrity

Windindaface

From a long in the tooth delivery unit. I never had a Stand Up about Heat Stroke until a carrier was pronounced dead at the scene and on the job a few years ago. Then Whamo Bamo……. talks, stickers, scanner messages, and a magic carry card to carry to alert me.

Just saying not knowing result of autopsy. They never cared about Heat Stroke and hydration until a death happened on their watch. It seems like a CYA policy for them.

Here is link … Postal Carrier, 63, Found Dead in Her Truck Amid Record Temperatures Was Months from Retirement

FYI as an LLV with no AC driver in hot weather... Vents open in back... LMAO.... Delivery door wide open drops inside temp to outside temp. They can cram that loud fan.

RDruckus

So, I guess yer saying slim to none.... and Slim just left town.... 🙁

Heat can kill you, and it can kill you very quickly. It’s really the employers’ job to make sure their workers are safe.”

A U.S. Department of Labor spokesperson said that OSHA is “aggressively” pursuing litigation against USPS through the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission related to heat-related illnesses postal employees have suffered.

Extreme heat doesn't stop the mail — even at the cost of postal workers' health – Center for Public Integrity
I knew there was a CYA reason, because they don't care about my @$$. 😠

RDruckus

That's why I don't put meds there. I always case them, or put them in the trays with that person's mail.

With the ambient temperature in the vehicle at 129For higher, I don't know if I'm doing anything with this strategy.

Haychica

From a long in the tooth delivery unit. I never had a Stand Up about Heat Stroke until a carrier was pronounced dead at the scene and on the job a few years ago. Then Whamo Bamo……. talks, stickers, scanner messages, and a magic carry card to carry to alert me.

Just saying not knowing result of autopsy. They never cared about Heat Stroke and hydration until a death happened on their watch. It seems like a CYA policy for them.

Here is link … Postal Carrier, 63, Found Dead in Her Truck Amid Record Temperatures Was Months from Retirement

FYI as an LLV with no AC driver in hot weather... Vents open in back... LMAO.... Delivery door wide open drops inside temp to outside temp. They can cram that loud fan.
Funny how about 10 years ago, while still in a pov, I got heat exhaustion in my Cherokee( no the a.c. wasn't working but I had my front Windows open; the back ones only came down half way)..the super came out with another driver to take me back and she got in my jeep..." Well your a.c. isn't on and you only have 2 windows down..of course its hot in here..."
Uh huh...I almost threw up, but said..well that's all your govs have👿...blank...f8ng....stare...can't make this crap up