• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

The things customers come up with...

Kelp

I was advised yesterday by an office that I help out from time to time that a customer has filed a complaint against me. Apparently, according to this guy, I stuffed his mailbox so full that I couldn't get anything else in it. Then I got mad and stole the box. The police have been called. Needless to say I know nothing about any missing boxes. I have yet to hear anything from the authorities. I assume they're building as solid a case against me as they can and will then bust down my door and drag me out.

I'm guessing the guy pulled his mail out and in the process ripped his box off the post.  Hmmm... Let me blame the po and see if I can get a new box. 

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>Kanedog said </strong>
I'm guessing the guy pulled his mail out and in the process ripped his box off the post.  Hmmm... Let me blame the po and see if I can get a new box.   </blockquote>
I don't know about that. I definitely didn't put that much mail in the box. 3 pieces/day max for him.

Geesh...Some people. Let me destroy your mailbox so I can loose my job. Don't care how mad a customer makes me, I will smile and pass on any complaints to supervisor. Not worth my job to get into argument with a customer. The ones on my route that know me well, know that I am fair and will go above what is asked of me, like so many other carriers I know.

only guy ever to complain on my route, in ten years, came up with a new one.  they said i was slamming the door on the box to hard.  they have the largest size box, and said i slam it closed so hard that it has broken the door, and broken the flag off.  the plastic wedge that holds the flag probably had gotten snagged on a parcel, and the door pivots broken because they mounted the box, so that the door only opens at a 45 degree angle.  ( 1/4 the way.)  yeah, thats what i'm trying to do.  i told the pm they need to find some happiness in their lives.

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>MiddleOfNowhere said </strong>
only guy ever to complain on my route, in ten years, came up with a new one.  they said i was slamming the door on the box to hard.  they have the largest size box, and said i slam it closed so hard that it has broken the door, and broken the flag off.  the plastic wedge that holds the flag probably had gotten snagged on a parcel, and the door pivots broken because they mounted the box, so that the door only opens at a 45 degree angle.  ( 1/4 the way.)  yeah, thats what i'm trying to do.  i told the pm they need to find some happiness in their lives.  </blockquote>
We had a customer tell a sub on a hold down that they needed to know what time to expect their mail every day. Because the other day they spent the entire day watching the box and waiting on the mail and this variance in mail delivery time just doesn't happen in other areas. And this guy used to be a postal worker. He should know better than that. FYI that was a day that we were each carrying full routes nad then splitting another one.

My absolute favorite complaint is, "I'm not getting <span style="font-style: italic">enough</span> mail. My carrier must be losing it or stealing it." Then I ask the next logical question, "Are they missing any important mail, such as bills or checks or something?" And the answer is NO. What am I supposed to do with that? I can only deliver the mail I get for you. After a few complaints like this from the same address, the PM should tell them to stop calling about it because it's all in their head!! 

Back