Thoughts on the 2022 Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive

Rural Deviation

In 3 days, Rural Carriers nationwide will participate in the #StampOutHunger food drive.

Only if that carrier refuses to participate then mandated by management to collect food will they be able to receive any extra compensation for the extra work they put into that day.

In a union craft, it is off putting to say kindly that an individual is expected to do a level of work they are not compensated for.

Well, what am I saying… During COVID Christmas and still to this day many carriers do a level of work that is not properly compensated.

For the Rural Carriers that will participate, they do it because they know it’s for a good cause.

But no matter the cause it is not justification for not compensating those individuals no matter if they run under their evaluations for the day.

Another example of how the NRLCA Leadership have failed to live up to what it means to be a Leader.

Rt2mailman

I’m doing my part to get as many people hired for the Usps as RCAS. I’m NOT VOLUNTEERING to do the food drive. When those people at the food bank get hungry enough, they’ll come and want a job as my sub. Until then they can drive to the food bank (all of them drive a nicer car than me) and look at the empty shelves.

Rural Deviation

I’m doing my part to get as many people hired for the Usps as RCAS. I’m NOT VOLUNTEERING to do the food drive. When those people at the food bank get hungry enough, they’ll come and want a job as my sub. Until then they can drive to the food bank (all of them drive a nicer car than me) and look at the empty shelves.

I understand the sentiment. I do.

But any rural carrier that does actions in which they were not evaluated at is essentially doing work that has not been compensated for.

I didn’t make this thread in such a manner to attack those that devote the time to help out the families that will benefit from the food drive, but to send an honest thought into the world that if an individual is willing to trade their time and effort for money then it should be respected as such then compensated appropriately for.

That’s it.

ABCya

Maybe the hourly employees can "volunteer " their time?
I donate by cash donations I large amounts each year, to multiple charities.
I stopped donating body aches and lost family time to the drive years ago.
When we get hurt, we are blamed for it. I'm not sacrificing my body and mind and family time anymore.

Surprise!

The problem is I don't have a short easy way to describe what I consider to be the key point. This point keeps coming up again and again in labor vs management issues with the Postal Service.

In this case, we have to go the greater distance to say, "NO, I don't want to volunteer." The burden of proof is upon us to show we did not volunteer not on them to show we did. I think this should be changed.

ABCya

The problem is I don't have a short easy way to describe what I consider to be the key point. This point keeps coming up again and again in labor vs management issues with the Postal Service.

In this case, we have to go the greater distance to say, "NO, I don't want to volunteer." The burden of proof is upon us to show we did not volunteer not on them to show we did. I think this should be changed.
Possibly write in the remarks column of the 4240 "I am not volunteering to work for free in any capacity for the 2022 food drive." This should assist you with any potential pay/harassment/labor issues that may arise. Paper trails are necessary for everything in this career.

43 months

I participate every year. I don't ever get a huge response.
Rrecs boxholder 100% coverage on the day I took out the cards.
One cistomer told me she was leaving it on the porch= Rrecs Doormisc
Unload time will take longer.
Maybe I will run into other scenerios I can use the activity scans with.

Haygrrl

I participate every year. I don't ever get a huge response.
Rrecs boxholder 100% coverage on the day I took out the cards.
One cistomer told me she was leaving it on the porch= Rrecs Doormisc
Unload time will take longer.
Maybe I will run into other scenerios I can use the activity scans with.
I decided to do the same thing..thanks for listing the recs functions..I couldn't decide which one I should use