Todays POOM driving observe.

Windindaface

Poom not visiting this office but traveling to another office in district observed this... They will be back to my office. A new 4 drawer filing cabinet arrived at my office a few days ago for the sole purpose of containing current and past grievances records on file.

City carrier in another office was observed by POOM in their travel going to another office noticed a City carrier doing a U turn in front of them with turn signal on, a divided highway turn point. Observed they did not curb wheels, set E brake, remove keys for a parcel hop and drop.

Poom who never carried wants action taken on this carrier.

btdtret

Waindindaface et al -- When out of the post office, feel free to take pictures of manglement texting or talking on the phone while driving, not using turn signals, and anything else that could be "useful". More states are making cell phone use while driving a "pull over" offense.

charlie

Waindindaface et al -- When out of the post office, feel free to take pictures of manglement texting or talking on the phone while driving, not using turn signals, and anything else that could be "useful". More states are making cell phone use while driving a "pull over" offense.

Hmmm?.... In all the years working I think I met a poom maybe 3 times... So this idea would not apply around here..... If you know poom or other yahoos are slinking around and up to no good......There have to be a few retired carriers who would be glad to shadow the yahoos... Take photos/videos of unsafe driving, etc... Have a phone net set up.... "Yo Charlie, description of vehicle and most recent location, wanna go for a ride?"
I'd be on that in a heartbeat...Payback comes when it is really inconvenient...

Rcflyn

Hmmm?.... In all the years working I think I met a poom maybe 3 times... So this idea would not apply around here..... If you know poom or other yahoos are slinking around and up to no good......There have to be a few retired carriers who would be glad to shadow the yahoos... Take photos/videos of unsafe driving, etc... Have a phone net set up.... "Yo Charlie, description of vehicle and most recent location, wanna go for a ride?"
I'd be on that in a heartbeat...Payback comes when it is really inconvenient...
My clerk informed me 1 day last week “pm is doing route observation run today. Be on your best behavior. He’s observing all routes.” I said “I’ll wave to him when I see him” she said “please no. I’m not supposed to let y’all know he’s doing it.”
Well, I never saw him, so I couldn’t wave to him, and I’ve heard nothing of the observation run..... if I can get her alone tomorrow, I’ll ask her about said observation run.....

stillfirstclass

My clerk informed me 1 day last week “pm is doing route observation run today. Be on your best behavior. He’s observing all routes.” I said “I’ll wave to him when I see him” she said “please no. I’m not supposed to let y’all know he’s doing it.”
Well, I never saw him, so I couldn’t wave to him, and I’ve heard nothing of the observation run..... if I can get her alone tomorrow, I’ll ask her about said observation run.....
cannot but wonder, was it a haircut/donut run?

MiddleOfNowhere

Well, you have to be an idiot to not set the emergency brake on any LLV, most at this point, barely can hold the vehicle.
i don't have an llv, so i 'm not sure, but aren't the e'brakes on those adjustable, by turning the end of handle? seemed to me, to be the same as the parking brakes we used on forklifts during my construction days. if that is the case, there isn't any reason that every operator shouldn't know how to use or adjust them properly. it takes about as much time to adjust the brakes, as it does to put on your seatbelt, and as long as you remember to release it before trying to drive, it would probably stay adjusted for a month or more.

gerl2

Can't post the direct wording of driver ops... I think it's 2 per year max once you make REG.
Our steward said they can observe us as many times as they want and yes I mentioned the 2 per year. We get watched twice a month so I just slowly put mail-in and close door, open door again and put another piece in try to make my 2 minutes a box time. When I have a package I go and open all my doors darn where did that package go too. I found this to annoy her the most after about 10 boxes and 20 minutes that goes by she moves on, I guess she wants me to get done.

Deer smearer

i don't have an llv, so i 'm not sure, but aren't the e'brakes on those adjustable, by turning the end of handle? seemed to me, to be the same as the parking brakes we used on forklifts during my construction days. if that is the case, there isn't any reason that every operator shouldn't know how to use or adjust them properly. it takes about as much time to adjust the brakes, as it does to put on your seatbelt, and as long as you remember to release it before trying to drive, it would probably stay adjusted for a month or more.
The knob on the LLV parking brakes does adjust the tension. However, there is a roll pin in it to keep it from crawling once set.