• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Townhomes/

Haychica

How do we get paid if there are only 2 delivery points? For e.g.-clusterboxes with no parcel lockers and town homes with no garages only front porch?
Thanks

How do we get paid if there are only 2 delivery points? For e.g.-clusterboxes with no parcel lockers and town homes with no garages only front porch?
Thanks

What do you currently do with large packages?

If you leave 3849's for all large packages that would continue. If you deliver them its still the same as any other, its parking location for dismount to deliver package and delivery point of package. If you have never delivered a package to that address and don't have an opinion on where you would park or deliver you can mark it as unknown. I don't know if I would recommend the unknown option due to questioning if you or how you would get credit for that delivery. This is another unknown or question that needs to be answered.

Last edited:
Haychica -- "How do we get paid if there are only 2 delivery points? For e.g.-clusterboxes with no parcel lockers and town homes with no garages only front porch?"

-- Dump that question in manglement's lap.

-- You should be able to get a realtor's view or a Googlemap overhead shot of a townhouse to show manglement. Ask for their "sage" advice.

What do you currently do with large packages?

If you leave 3849's for all large packages that would continue. If you deliver them it still the same as any other, its parking location for dismount to deliver package and delivery point of package. If you have never delivered a package to that address and don't have an opinion on where you would park or deliver you can mark it as unknown. I don't know if I would recommend the unknown option due to questioning if you or how you would get credit for that delivery. This is another unknown or question that needs to be answered.
I deliver all large parcels to ' front porch'. Geez..this is going to be a pain
Thanks

How did the USPS allow a new development to NOT put up parcel lockers with the NDCBU's?
Now there's a good question. We have several new developments with NDCBUs that have parcel lockers incorporated. The problem is, none of those parcel lockers has an arrow key lock. Don't ask me, I don't know who's responsible for the lack of locks, but it sure is inconvenient.

Now there's a good question. We have several new developments with NDCBUs that have parcel lockers incorporated. The problem is, none of those parcel lockers has an arrow key lock. Don't ask me, I don't know who's responsible for the lack of locks, but it sure is inconvenient.
Years ago it was the responsibility of the Post Office to install arrow key locks in them. Wouldn't make sense to have other people have access. Sounds to me like a likely local problem

Every parcel locker I've run across in my office uses a key specific to that parcel locker. There is a tag attached to it similar to the old fashioned hotel key. The parcel locker has a number on it that matches the number on that key's tag.
Every parcel locker in our town has it's own specific number.
So, perhaps my parcel lockers are numbered, 321, 322, 333, 334, then at another stop they are 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416. If someone turns in a key, the office knows to which route it belongs. If one of my lockers needs maintenance, it makes that process easier.

There is a parcel locker master key on the same ring as my arrow key.

So currently AMS will have them go out and install the CBU without the parcel locks installed. It’s a separate work order that needs to be placed for the locks to be put in. If AMS is dragging ass with this request, let your postmaster know to reach out to AMS so they can get the new locks put in. I have no idea why they don’t just install the locks at the time the unit is installed.

So currently AMS will have them go out and install the CBU without the parcel locks installed. It’s a separate work order that needs to be placed for the locks to be put in. If AMS is dragging ass with this request, let your postmaster know to reach out to AMS so they can get the new locks put in. I have no idea why they don’t just install the locks at the time the unit is installed.
The locks for the entire unit are installed with a work order. Most of the time, at least in our area, the locks are being delayed being ordered and installed because the order generally comes in in August when the management team is told they are ordering NOTHING for their office, not even paper clips. If you need something they are told to call around to other offices and see if they might have some they are willing to share with you. This has happened several years in a row. Pretty sure it is to keep the numbers down as low as possible before the end of the fiscal year in late September.

Every parcel locker I've run across in my office uses a key specific to that parcel locker. There is a tag attached to it similar to the old fashioned hotel key. The parcel locker has a number on it that matches the number on that key's tag.
Every parcel locker in our town has it's own specific number.
So, perhaps my parcel lockers are numbered, 321, 322, 333, 334, then at another stop they are 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416. If someone turns in a key, the office knows to which route it belongs. If one of my lockers needs maintenance, it makes that process easier.

There is a parcel locker master key on the same ring as my arrow key.
Same for the several offices I've worked in. Maintenance also tapes a spare key for each parcel locker inside the outbound mail slot so we have a spare should it break or get apprehended by a customer with an IQ under 50.

How do the delivery points take stairs into consideration? I have 3 story apartment buildings on my route.

More extensive discussion about that here:

In short, from what I've seen, stairs won't be considered. When RRECS comes along:
1) record it
2) grieve it
3) stick with it

Good luck!

Parcel locker master key! That sounds dangerous from a liability standpoint. Have you needed to use the master key often?

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't explain that!
After the customer retrievers the parcel, that tagged and numbered key stays in the lock.
The master key is used to remove that key that's left hanging on the open door.
(I take those keys off and put them in their empty parcel locker, unless I need to fill it up again that day.)

If you just leave the keys hanging, pranksters will put something nasty in the unsecured parcel locker, or sometimes vandalize the key.

I thought parcel lock installations were generated by a USPS work order. All our repairs and new installs are handled as such.

I thought parcel lock installations were generated by a USPS work order. All our repairs and new installs are handled as such.
If it’s a totally new unit, AMS will do it. But one where the key is broken, our carriers will initiate a work order and management will input to maintenance.

Here the parcel locker master key IS the arrow key. And I too pull the parcel locker keys and place them back into the empty parcel locker so the keys are not subject to vandalism. We call this "policing the keys". It really helps to have the key all ready to put into the customer's box without having to retrieve the key from the lock, especially on days with bad weather or wind.
'

Back