Uh

Jess

Best answers
my route came back as 43k.. I had a few days a little DPS.. it seems she counted a lot of packages as parcels because it fit that damn ruler. I get 200-250 packages a day.. in making 2 trips and looking at my hourly I was working about 44-45 hours.

My Question: do I keep track of how many times I go over and file? Other routes are getting packages help. I never complained before because was getting paid at a 46k.. I do get 2nd trip millage.

Rt2mailman

Best answers
The time to have worried about what happened on your route was before and during count, not much you can do now. Each parcel that was not counted as such should have been argued at that time, then if not adjusted to your satisfaction you shouldn't have signed your final acceptance of your count.
At this point there is no ability to change except if you do a quantity DPS review and it fails. That is a possibility if your DPS volume was low during count and now much of the political mail is coming in your raw mail. Other than that you are regretfully "Sunk".

FrozenToes

Best answers
my route came back as 43k.. I had a few days a little DPS.. it seems she counted a lot of packages as parcels because it fit that damn ruler. I get 200-250 packages a day.. in making 2 trips and looking at my hourly I was working about 44-45 hours.

My Question: do I keep track of how many times I go over and file? Other routes are getting packages help. I never complained before because was getting paid at a 46k.. I do get 2nd trip millage.
Sorry. I don't remember. Didn't your route go up because of a DPS review prior to count?
neciat gave you the info to increase your evaluation. Provided there are routes to take from. However, it won't help your parcel situation.

Last edited:

lovemykitties

Best answers

"it seems she counted a lot of packages as parcels because it fit that damn ruler" that confused me. did you mean counted as flats? i was 14 minutes away from being a 43k. before count i was 1 minute from being a 47k so went down to a 42k. we had 7 k routes now 4 k an 3 j. we just got dps few months ago and sadly flats were way down. scans were way up

neciat

Best answers
Just so some of you "newer" regulars know and for future reference ; run your numbers each and every day when you get home to see where you stand with respect to the route evaluation during mail count. This way you KNOW where you are and WHAT you need as far as time goes. Also, as in the above post, "before count i was 1 minute from being a 47k , " okay, that means lovemykitties or whoever was on that route when it was counted last needed to find TWO MINUTES in corrections . Since it is / was a two week count, gotta divide by two , hence, giving you that one minute. In the example of lovemykitties, the 46K classification covers 54:36 to 55:47. Okay, you can see right there that those two pay the exact same. So, you are giving the P.O. over an hour a week of even more free work. The 55:46 ( one minute away from 47K ) pays the same as the 54:36. Two extra minutes each day in loading time can equate to 6 minutes extra for the weekly evaluation. Just two more mark ups each day will equate to 3 minutes to the weekly evaluation. Stay on top of it. Your district does the same. That's why all the emails and phone calls come to your office. They don't like that you are going up or even staying the same.

Deer smearer

Best answers
Just so some of you "newer" regulars know and for future reference ; run your numbers each and every day when you get home to see where you stand with respect to the route evaluation during mail count. This way you KNOW where you are and WHAT you need as far as time goes. Also, as in the above post, "before count i was 1 minute from being a 47k , " okay, that means lovemykitties or whoever was on that route when it was counted last needed to find TWO MINUTES in corrections . Since it is / was a two week count, gotta divide by two , hence, giving you that one minute. In the example of lovemykitties, the 46K classification covers 54:36 to 55:47. Okay, you can see right there that those two pay the exact same. So, you are giving the P.O. over an hour a week of even more free work. The 55:46 ( one minute away from 47K ) pays the same as the 54:36. Two extra minutes each day in loading time can equate to 6 minutes extra for the weekly evaluation. Just two more mark ups each day will equate to 3 minutes to the weekly evaluation. Stay on top of it. Your district does the same. That's why all the emails and phone calls come to your office. They don't like that you are going up or even staying the same.

That’s fine as long as you know hitting 47K can get your route cut to 43K. Careful what you ask for.

btdtret

Best answers
lovemykitties -- ". before count i was 1 minute from being a 47k so went down to a 42k.'

-- Why did you go down to a 42K?

-- That is below the supposed 43K overburdened routes can be cut to.

-- Did manglement enclose extra documentation?

Deer smearer

Best answers
lovemykitties -- ". before count i was 1 minute from being a 47k so went down to a 42k.'

-- Why did you go down to a 42K?

-- That is below the supposed 43K overburdened routes can be cut to.

-- Did manglement enclose extra documentation?

My understanding was 55:47 pre count then 50:46 was the new count.

The count cut them to 42, not manglement.

Old Fart

Best answers
Great thoughts. Also, if you've kept counts from the past, you can use them as a yardstick comparison. I can't agree enough that during the count, every single absolute thing must be carefully paid attention to, managed to the maximum benefit for you as a carrier. Don't shortcut on anything. Don't speed. And review every single piece of mail, every parcel, markup to ensure you're in agreement with the counter AND the record is entered correctly when you get your dailies back. I've been the route counter and there IS a difference in regulars, some are diligent, some seem detached. Be the diligent one. Errors are made. Be sure every one is fairly resolved in your favor if possible.

neciat

Best answers

btdtret

Yeah, in lovemykitties post, you'll see " we just got dps few months ago and sadly flats were way down." So, the implementation of DPS is what triggered the count. Yet another victim of the standards. Hopefully, lovemykitties understands that the implementation of DPS and the special count will also trigger DPS reviews.