• Please keep questions in the Questions forum to contract, procedures, and requests for documentation. Vehicle, TSP, retirement, etc questions please post in the regular forums. Thank you

Unauthorized use of Annual Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoven08

I recently was tried to be fired and was off work for 2 months. After the initial 30 days of paid Administrative leave, the PM started using my annual leave to pay me without my permission. I was rehired against the PM’s wishes but he used up 20ish days of my annual leave. Is he allowed to do this? I was told by the adr that got me rehired that I should not be bothered by the AL being used but I think the PM crossed the line again. Is what he did normal? Legal? Do I have a grievance here? Is it winnable?

Solution
I recently was tried to be fired and was off work for 2 months. After the initial 30 days of paid Administrative leave, the PM started using my annual leave to pay me without my permission. I was rehired against the PM’s wishes but he used up 20ish days of my annual leave. Is he allowed to do this? I was told by the adr that got me rehired that I should not be bothered by the AL being used but I think the PM crossed the line again. Is what he did normal? Legal? Do I have a grievance here? Is it winnable?
Depends on the settlement wording. If the settlement said you would be “made whole” of all lost wages & benefits then mgmt needs to reverse the AL to Admin Leave. If it was “return to work without further compensation“ then...

Twingrlie

Lol. I’m guessing you were Emergency Placed (which is supposed to be a non pay status) and ended up getting paid to stay home. If you want to go down this road, what you should have grieved was the Emergency Placement and then any discipline that resulted from that Emergency Placement. The settlement should be to pay you Admin Leave for those days you were off. Which they paid you 30 days of already.

The grievance is winnable if you won the grievance on management not having Just Cause to Emergency Place you and keep you off the clock. If the steward only got your job back and not any pay (which can happen) management can give you back your annual leave and switch it to LWOP. If they won your grievance on the removal and stipulated that you are to receive your 30 days of pay, then you got that already.

If you want to DM the details of your case, I can help paint a better picture.

gotstamps

Depends on the settlement wording. If the settlement said you would be “made whole” of all lost wages & benefits then mgmt needs to reverse the AL to Admin Leave. If it was “return to work without further compensation“ then mgmt does not have to pay out any further & could reverse the AL to LWOP causing you to owe the money back.

It all depends on the language of the settlement.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.