• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

unscheduled leave in New York District HR-AR-17-007 June 26, 2017

klutz

Unscheduled leave is when a person takes off but has not put in a leave slip. Yes, this does cause scheduling problems for management.

OIG does all sorts of charts and number crunching and tells management to shape up.

BUT---OIG never asks the right questions---Why do people take unscheduled leave?

OIG showed 538,680 hours of unscheduled leave but 158,780 of it was LWOP (leave without pay).

Only a desperate employee would resort to LWOP. Taking off and not getting paid? There have to be good reasons for it. OIG casts another blind eye to where they could be of good use. OIG just plays with the numbers and, just like management, has no clue as to what is happening with the lives of its people.

Here is just another in a line of audits by OIG which fail to see the obvious.

my reg takes LWOP 2-5 time a week. he's union royality...so if he does 1 second of union crapola Union pays him for full day evaluation of route....how much does that suck?

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>wolfound said </strong>
my reg takes LWOP 2-5 time a week. he's union royality...so if he does 1 second of union crapola Union pays him for full day evaluation of route....how much does that suck?  </blockquote>
If he's an ADR I'm pretty sure that when he's off for union business he does NOT get paid his route evaluation.

I believe he actually gets paid what a 48K daily route evaluation pays.

I guess it's too hard for the union to track all of the reps. evaluations so they all get paid for the max. evaluation.

Not too shabby, especially if they have small routes.

He's not ADR( state exec+office stewpot)....but has feet on union ladder..... route is 48k already....so a least he's not getting more money for nothing.....

Back