Update on Rural Route Evaluated Compensation System (RRECS)

btdtret

Skierstmoritz -- "Yesterday had 185 packages, not scans, packages! Over 110 to the door. 2 llv trips. Am getting paid for @52 A day. My union? NOT a peep! I know, im whining."

-- Stating facts is not whining.

stillfirstclass et al -- "how many subs, working a route that is not their own will give a rats crap about scanning properly to make sure the day's pay will be fair... the over/under is 5% "

-- Maybe informing the subs that pay for the route will be determined on the number of scans, among other things, and most likely there could be a variance from pay period to pay period -- if or when RRECS is finally implemented.

-- Of course, in the past telling the subs the same thing during count had little affect.
I've said this before on another site. I have one of those subs who will take any shortcut they can. For example ,he won't look through each piece of DPS so every day I have to pick up MMM mail from customers. I'm sure some customers just throw this mail out. But now this subs actions will affect my actual pay. He's not going to bother taking proper time for activities when he knows he will still be getting the credit for me taking the proper actions.

PT

i am a sub in my 5th year. I am semi retired and have passed up a regular route opening twice. I have the opposite problem on my route with the regular RC not knowing or caring about maintaining his case or updating forwards. He cases, I dont, and he delivers out of town letters all the time. I have been addining new boxes to the red book and maintaining the case and forwards. I have now been told I am not allowed to maintain the book b/c the management prefers to pay as little as possible for the route. I have been doing the regulars job and have decided if I cant update the book I will no longer update the case or forwards. My work day is Saturday, if I accidently deliver the forwards the regular can now deal with it just as I do his. I would love to be hourly, why is it the RCA’s are the only non hourly employees at Christmas time? Very unfair. I am only working for the insurance which took me two years to get, I cant wait to quit. Please dont lump all subs together, where I work the subs do a very good job and get very little appreciation!

I agree that it is unfair to lump all into a category. When I was a sub I carried the route as if it were mine. I got to know almost every one of our customers. I was never actually trained on edit book maintenance. Did not get that until I made regular. It is unfair how subs are paid, but all of us suffered through as you will until something changes. Best of luck.

DB.Cooper

I too took pride in my work when I was a sub... my Regular would come back after a couple of days of being off and thank me for taking ALL of the phone books for the route, saying they hadn't expected me to take them ALL... and that's just one example of how I rolled as a sub... I took pride that the Reg wouldn't be picking up mis-delivered mail after I worked, because I checked every piece, as I still do now.... and that's just how I rolled...

Now, I have a sub who never takes ANY phone books, leaves sets of boxholders at every opportunity, mis-delivers mail all the hail over the place, calls off sick when I have already scheduled off, etc., etc... if it can be effed up, they eff it up...

So yes, I do know there are subs that can and do, do a great job... I was one of them for about 12 years... but there are some that $uck as well... maybe the suck@$$ subs turn in to the suck@$$ Regs... I dunno for sure??? :whistle:

I too took pride in my work when I was a sub... my Regular would come back after a couple of days of being off and thank me for taking ALL of the phone books for the route, saying they hadn't expected me to take them ALL... and that's just one example of how I rolled as a sub... I took pride that the Reg wouldn't be picking up mis-delivered mail after I worked, because I checked every piece, as I still do now.... and that's just how I rolled...

Now, I have a sub who never takes ANY phone books, leaves sets of boxholders at every opportunity, mis-delivers mail all the hail over the place, calls off sick when I have already scheduled off, etc., etc... if it can be effed up, they eff it up...

So yes, I do know there are subs that can and do, do a great job... I was one of them for about 12 years... but there are some that $uck as well... maybe the suck@$$ subs turn in to the suck@$$ Regs... I dunno for sure??? :whistle:
I have seen first hand the type of sub you describe. Yes they turned into a sucka@@ regular. They forget they get 90 days of probation and if management pays attention, they should be disciplining these new regulars as soon as they show how awful they really are.

I have seen first hand the type of sub you describe. Yes they turned into a sucka@@ regular. They forget they get 90 days of probation and if management pays attention, they should be disciplining these new regulars as soon as they show how awful they really are.
No new probation for RCA's making regular.
The 90 days is only a restriction on annual leave. Unless the RCA is going directly from "Leave Earning Status" to regular they may not use annual for 90 days.