Ups+Amazon rumor

Jess

there's a joint announcement by Amazon and UPS coming this week. My ups friend has been hearing rumors, I repeat rumors, that UPS is going to become the exclusive package deliverer of Amazon. That would leave the USPS to carry most if not all of UPS's Surepost packages. We'll find out later this week!! 🧐🤭

csparks

There was a WSJ article yesterday saying that UPS had decided not to cut ties with Amazon the way FedEx has, but didn't mention any INCREASE in Amazon carrying. To me, the tone of the article is that neither really wants to carry Amazon, because it doesn't pay enough. FedEx ditched them, but UPS feels like it has to hold on. Only 10% of their business.

DB.Cooper

Today... interestingly... I got in my mail a Amazon parcel weighing approximately 10 pounds... the ONLY barcode on it was a USPS PRIORITY scan, no UPS or FedEx (FedUps) scans... the item only cost $17 bucks, and it was just 1 shipment of 2 of a $25 "free shipping" order... the other parcel is still in route from CALIFORNIA with a USPS tracking number as well....

Geezy Louisy, how cheap is the USPS letting Amazon ship stuff that they can send me 3 items costing just a bit more than $25 bucks in 2 shipments with free shipping??? Pretty sure Amazon isn't losing $$$ money on the order, and all 3 items were priced as cheaply as I could find them anywhere else...

Amazon has to be paying only peanuts to the USPS for these shipments...

USPS is so stupid... the other day, FedEx dropped a TRUCK BUMPER for my route to deliver with a SmartPost scan on it.... fit nicely (NOT!) in my POV... customer was happy tho... said he got FREE shipping on it... :mad:

Toolology

there's a joint announcement by Amazon and UPS coming this week. My ups friend has been hearing rumors, I repeat rumors, that UPS is going to become the exclusive package deliverer of Amazon. That would leave the USPS to carry most if not all of UPS's Surepost packages. We'll find out later this week!! 🧐🤭
UPS can’t even handle their own parcels now, they dump a pallet daily. No way the can handle Amazon.

Joe Reeser

That would leave the USPS to carry most if not all of UPS's Surepost packages.
You do realize that's the point, correct?

UPS SurePost® is an economy, residential, ground service. This service combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service. [emphasis mine]

Joe Reeser

customer was happy tho... said he got FREE shipping on it...
Everyone pays for shipping. Just because there isn't a separate line item listed on the receipt doesn't make it "free." And yeah - I know companies claim they provide "free" shipping. I believe most people like to hear it but also know it's actually false.

DB.Cooper

Since it was a FedEx SmartPost, I know I got to deliver it for almost "free"... every time I get one of these HUGE parcels from UPS or FedEx (FedUps)... I think Geezy Louisy, can't I just throw 50 cents in the PO drawer so I can skip wrestling with this monster... :unsure:

mwellis32

Everybody pays for free shipping, especially me and other POV rural carriers! Everybody knows we rurals would have to carry all the GIANT AMAZON SMARTPOST parcels! How would UPS, FEDEX and amazon make zillions if it weren't for the dumasses at the post office delivering these for pennies?

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

I dont mind delivering items from small businesses, Ebay, or places where it's just hard to get stuff. But Amazon, where everything on there you can find at a walmart, I hate it.
I'm not a "Prime" member, but when I do order from Amazon I order enuf stuff to get "free" shipping.... and what I noticed, is all of the next day and 2nd day options are either UPS or FedEx... no USPS Express options... but when you get down to the bottom of the barrel, that's where the USPS comes in with the "free" shipping or SmartPost or SurePost... why is the USPS only able to get the 69 cent deliveries??? :unsure: