Ups+Amazon rumor

btdtret

Stillfirstclass -- "taking candy from a baby is the baby's fault??? "

-- Sure -- The baby should have eaten the candy faster.

csparks

Box sizes have basically doubled since January
Here, too. And just heard today there will be no mail count in Sept, and no mail count in Feb. So, those of us that were stuck with Amazon after the last count are going to continue to be exploited, at an ever-increasing rate.

We've got routes that are 9 hours or close that would be probably be 11 hours if counted.

Last edited:

charlie

If you are in a state where the union leadership is good?....What about a class action grievance on the extra amazons since last mailcount... This is a major change and we are supposed to be paid a fair day's wage for a fair day's work?.....Never understood why national never brought this up?...Oh, what the hell am I talking about, I know why national would NEVER bring this up...They are lazy illegitament children. (there now, I did not curse).

Joe Reeser

If you are in a state where the union leadership is good?....What about a class action grievance on the extra amazons since last mailcount...
That would be a big NO in Ohio. I asked about this a year and a half ago. I said every route that started getting an Amazon dump ion the morning had it's evaluation invalidated. All I received in response was, "They wouldn't cut your evaluation if the parcel count went down." Yeah? I'm guessing they figure out how to do that if Amazon goes away.

GPM2159

The packages are getting WAY TOO BIG, and WAY TOO HEAVY!! This is getting really old.
I kiddingly asked our previous PM to please get me a RH drive big brown delivery van to handle all the monstrous parcels. He just laughed and kept on walking. No compassion whatsoever for a serious problem.

DB.Cooper

So today I got another Amazon parcel in my mail... it only had a USPS scan on it, and it was a PS LIGHTWEIGHT parcel... also on the label it said UPS Mail Innovations... :unsure:

TheDude

Here, too. And just heard today there will be no mail count in Sept, and no mail count in Feb. So, those of us that were stuck with Amazon after the last count are going to continue to be exploited, at an ever-increasing rate.

We've got routes that are 9 hours or close that would be probably be 11 hours if counted.
In the same boat here. I thought I had a good count last time. Then 1 week after count they were told we were going to start getting amazon drops. It's been almost 18 months now not getting paid for amazon and it looks like it will be at least 12 months more. In all reality I should just accept the fact I will NEVER get paid to carry amazon. On top of that we also started getting FedEx drops since the count as well.

I don't blame the post office to much, you make a dollar when you can. The union is just absolutely worthless and solely exists to get new members.

Lucky for me I only have about 27 years left.

csparks

In the same boat here. I thought I had a good count last time. Then 1 week after count they were told we were going to start getting amazon drops. It's been almost 18 months now not getting paid for amazon and it looks like it will be at least 12 months more. In all reality I should just accept the fact I will NEVER get paid to carry amazon. On top of that we also started getting FedEx drops since the count as well.

I don't blame the post office to much
, you make a dollar when you can. The union is just absolutely worthless and solely exists to get new members.

Lucky for me I only have about 27 years left.
Same thing here. An underhanded stab in the back....(that really is tricky).

Granted, the union should have reacted to this, anticipated it, or raised a stink. Still, I do blame the PO for their actions. Clearly, they were aware that routes were going to increase substantially, and consciously elected to withhold that info, wait until after the count to drop Amazon. If you tried to pull that tactic in a deal in the private sector, you'd get slapped down.

Windindaface

Today my parcel pick up location mentioned 2 items. I arrived and the 2 items were sitting on the front counter. 1 item only had our barcode on it. The other has UPS SurePost scan along with ours.

Since the clerks at this store were busy serving walk in customers, me not wanting to interrupt them in the middle of customer service. I scanned our barcodes on both items as prepaid and went on my merry way.

Got back to the office and they called about 1 item being for UPS and was questioned. I showed my sheet of 2 items. They called back the store and told them of the issue and if they want the item back there will be a "Parcel Intercept Fee" . That 1 item for UPS start point scan is in our stream now.