USPS is in panic mode - we now have a PLAN B - See NRLCA Web Site for details!

Gotrope

I cannot wait to bail from this circus. This had better be grieved by every carrier, nationwide. 2 minutes a f'n mile is beyond an insult. The gross amount of free time already donated to these idiots is astounding and they want more. It's no wonder they refuse to release the surveys. Poor little mgmt, mush for brains.

Old Fart

What we've done in previous years, our PM says we'll stay with it because it works. We have always had RCA's doing parcel runs starting at 5-6 am as enough parcels are up (100+ per route) and ready to deliver. These RCA's are NOT working a route that day, but work until the regular needs their LLV, usually about noon. The RCA's who ARE working a route, don't get parcel assistance, they carry their own, even if they have to make a second trip that day, as long as they're not going to be over 12 hours. Both regulars and RCA's seem to feel this is a fair way to operate. We of course are short on subs, so regulars will be delivering more parcels than they did in past years, but that's the only logical action.

csparks

If your routes are between 100-130 miles long, how would this early package delivery idea work?

I'm assuming "not attempted". Luckily, I don't think there's any reason for this plan in our area. All of our mail arrives before the carriers get there without fail.

Deer Smearer

If your routes are between 100-130 miles long, how would this early package delivery idea work?

I'm assuming "not attempted". Luckily, I don't think there's any reason for this plan in our area. All of our mail arrives before the carriers get there without fail.
Or, what about if you have a similar route and the mail shows up at 8:55?

ATCBigE

in our office it would make more sense to get the clerks to sort the amazon that comes in at 11am asap so rcas can deliver it in the daylight that same day. instead they wait until a PSE comes in at 4-4:30 in the afternoon to sort it, so it is ready and waiting when I get there at 7 am. better scheduling and then RCAs don't have to deliver in the dark at 6am. dumb dumb dumb

Again that makes TOO MUCH SENSE TO WORK! You have to think like post office, what's the dumb thing we can do to RCAs?

ATCBigE

I've decided not to work Plan B instead I'll volunteer to help the route next to mine so that I can earn 150% instead, and the route next to mine will give my route assistance so that they can get 150% pay also!

I like that idea more.

USPS ALWAYS finds cheapest and usually dumb solution.

Solution: Dump more work on RCAs. FREAKING GENIUS! No wonder we have a shortage.

Maybe start offering better pay, better benefits, Sunday premiums & other premiums then maybe you can get some hired help.