USPS is in panic mode - we now have a PLAN B - See NRLCA Web Site for details!

I'm already not paid for second trips lol, thanks nrlca!
I also have a 46 mile route, so I can manipulate second trips higher, if you have a 20 mile route good luck. Of course I'm pretty fast but I don't drive 30 mph for their whole 2 min a mile thing while delivering. Even if I started paperboying everything it would be difficult.
Another joke, plus as stated even if 0 accountability clerks somehow sorted everything, the trucks are going to magically start appearing early?

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
City side got 2 years, if NRLCA can't get at least that they're incompetent.
They have been incompetent for many years. NRLA should stand their ground and demand it.

The real problem as I see it, is that the Postal unions, all of them, have been castrated by not being able to strike. Without being able to strike you will never be compensated for what your job entails.

Our customers don't realize all the sh!t (hostility and harassment) we endure to deliver to everyone in the US. Most think this is a cushy job. Let them talk to the RCA's to tried it and bailed.

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
Be like us yesterday. Mail truck broke down. We didn't get mail til almost 930-945. Mail was finished sorted by 1030.

I got out of office at 1220. I'm in good office and they let me run packages off while I was waiting.
The truck wasn't broke down at my office yesterday but the mail and packages were so much that I didn't get to leave the office until 11:30 and I am pretty damn fast in the office.

Beanut

Since February, we have onboarded 74 rcas in my area. 6 are still with us. Unfortunately, many of the other rcas bailed to go to UPS or state jobs.
I’ve been seriously considering looking into UPS. My only holdback is I hate the idea of driving an hour to start work everyday and…..I hate change 😖.

I’m always looking at County and state jobs…but I never see anything that peaks my interest.

Voglio-il mio

I like that idea more.

USPS ALWAYS finds cheapest and usually dumb solution.

Solution: Dump more work on RCAs. FREAKING GENIUS! No wonder we have a shortage.

Maybe start offering better pay, better benefits, Sunday premiums & other premiums then maybe you can get some hired help.
Its not my Idea it was in a MOU on 10/08/21:

USPS & NRLCA MOU Allowing Sunday and Other Route Work for Regular Carriers During 2021 Peak Season​

Sunday and Other Route Work MOU for Regular Rural Carriers

Please see the MOU linked below outlining the temporary modification to two contractual provisions, allowing regular rural carriers to volunteer to work on Sundays or provide auxiliary assistance to other rural routes during the week. This MOU is in effect beginning Saturday, October 9, and continues through Friday, December 31, 2021.

No regular rural carriers WILL BE REQUIRED to serve on other routes or perform parcel delivery on Sunday. Regulars working on other routes or performing parcel delivery on Sunday is strictly voluntary!

Mark Oliver

What we've done in previous years, our PM says we'll stay with it because it works. We have always had RCA's doing parcel runs starting at 5-6 am as enough parcels are up (100+ per route) and ready to deliver. These RCA's are NOT working a route that day, but work until the regular needs their LLV, usually about noon. The RCA's who ARE working a route, don't get parcel assistance, they carry their own, even if they have to make a second trip that day, as long as they're not going to be over 12 hours. Both regulars and RCA's seem to feel this is a fair way to operate. We of course are short on subs, so regulars will be delivering more parcels than they did in past years, but that's the only logical action.
Because they are worthless scum who have no idea what they are doing. They deserve to be punished. Lesson 101 on why non career ranks are at record lows in the rural craft. How stupid can regulars be? You tow the USPS abuse line but cry you have no subs. This is the reason, as a petty part-timer, I can curtail junk mail on Saturday, for the regular on Monday, anytime I want.

ATCBigE

Because they are worthless scum who have no idea what they are doing. They deserve to be punished. Lesson 101 on why non career ranks are at record lows in the rural craft. How stupid can regulars be? You tow the USPS abuse line but cry you have no subs. This is the reason, as a petty part-timer, I can curtail junk mail on Saturday, for the regular on Monday, anytime I want.

THIS ^^^^^

I just love when regulars cry they have something to do, but can't get it off and management will do whatever for them. RCA expected to work all the time and never get help. HECK most of the time when I get done, I'm expected to help others.

Like yesterday (day after holiday), my regular is gone on vacation. Truck breaks down. We don't get most of our mail til 930. I left the office at 1220, and had to bust my butt to get done before 6, which I did (Did help they let me take out packages when waiting for truck) still though. If that was some certain regulars (we will call crybabies), they would be whining how they need help and what not. They would get help.

Old Fart

There are some days regulars don't get parcel assistance either, so they're in the same situation the RCA's are when they carry a route. Our offices work as a team, we don't abuse people, most carriers both regular and subs during the holiday period work similar hours.
THIS ^^^^^

I just love when regulars cry they have something to do, but can't get it off and management will do whatever for them. RCA expected to work all the time and never get help. HECK most of the time when I get done, I'm expected to help others.

Like yesterday (day after holiday), my regular is gone on vacation. Truck breaks down. We don't get most of our mail til 930. I left the office at 1220, and had to bust my butt to get done before 6, which I did (Did help they let me take out packages when waiting for truck) still though. If that was some certain regulars (we will call crybabies), they would be whining how they need help and what not. They would get help.
Our RCA's split a route Friday after Veteran's Day and had a ton to do. A few regulars assisted on their own time doing business pickups for them. Now don't start screaming OH MY GOD WORKING OFF THE CLOCK.....we work as a team and pitch in when things are tough. It works both ways, we help each other.

Old Fart

If your routes are between 100-130 miles long, how would this early package delivery idea work?

I'm assuming "not attempted". Luckily, I don't think there's any reason for this plan in our area. All of our mail arrives before the carriers get there without fail.
Each route and office is different. Our system works well for high density suburban developments, which is the bulk of our routes in our offices.

Worve

If your routes are between 100-130 miles long, how would this early package delivery idea work?

I'm assuming "not attempted". Luckily, I don't think there's any reason for this plan in our area. All of our mail arrives before the carriers get there without fail.
We don’t really do package help on the routes like that in my office. We take 1-2 hrs of mail and parcels from reg and run that. Usually first bit or last bit pending when An rca can get to it. Might be weird but it’s the same miles wise and time wise and the regs prefer that over parcel assistance.

Flimflammed(Quasar)

Well, it is working off the clock, but we lost that battle years ago.
And I doubt many offices have rca's switching their scanners to whichever route their delivering parcels for, dynamic, static or whatever they are just trying to get done.
6 plus years and counting. Wrecks ain't gonna get done until the usps figures out how to pay us the same or less for the same or more work, that would be all they are using data for now, if they are even doing that.

Sounds like you might have a pretty good office though, old fart.

As far as plan B, sounds like the same old screw job for the rca's.

I mean especially if your on a route, and many will be.

Not too good for regulars either, 2nd trips don't pay nothing.

FXDL2003

in our 5 rural route office, I have the 133 mile route with 352 boxes. the only packages they will take are the ones at the beginning of my route on the edge of town. and then they will let the RCAs drive 5 miles out to a high density subdivision along the lake. no mail goes with that 5 miles, just dismount packages. so it saves me about 20-25 minutes on a Monday is all. Love the help just wish it was done with some common sense. I have already spoke with the RCAs that know my route and now thru christmas we have all agreed that if they are driving all the way out there for 15 dismounts that they will take the mail also. instead of fighting with management we just won't tell them until they ask. i have been with USPS twice as long as our fill in PM and fill in supervisor combined - so I say I know how to do things better!

Old Fart

Well, it is working off the clock, but we lost that battle years ago.
And I doubt many offices have rca's switching their scanners to whichever route their delivering parcels for, dynamic, static or whatever they are just trying to get done.
6 plus years and counting. Wrecks ain't gonna get done until the usps figures out how to pay us the same or less for the same or more work, that would be all they are using data for now, if they are even doing that.

Sounds like you might have a pretty good office though, old fart.

As far as plan B, sounds like the same old screw job for the rca's.

I mean especially if your on a route, and many will be.

Not too good for regulars either, 2nd trips don't pay nothing.
YES. We have great offices, considering. Management is rational, supports us. They go to bat for us. We, regulars and RCA's work together. We all remember when we were subs. We want our subs to stay, we have a great hard working awesome group. We all work too much and too hard, but we try to share the load so everyone knows we're fair and honest. We rarely do much off the clock, but every so often a little bit of give goes a long way. I admit to helping to lead our teams so disagreements are solved equitably and fairly, before they fester into anger and sick calls. Each of us is proud to do their best work, go a step beyond. Our RCA's memorize all the forwards on all the routes they work. When there's extra work they stay in touch with each other as the day closes to be sure nobody is stuck with it all. Sounds too good? No. Result of tons of hard work, dedication, and honestly I've brought much of my corporate management and human resource skills to help wherever I can. And management in our offices works WITH us, not against us.

Old Fart

in our 5 rural route office, I have the 133 mile route with 352 boxes. the only packages they will take are the ones at the beginning of my route on the edge of town. and then they will let the RCAs drive 5 miles out to a high density subdivision along the lake. no mail goes with that 5 miles, just dismount packages. so it saves me about 20-25 minutes on a Monday is all. Love the help just wish it was done with some common sense. I have already spoke with the RCAs that know my route and now thru christmas we have all agreed that if they are driving all the way out there for 15 dismounts that they will take the mail also. instead of fighting with management we just won't tell them until they ask. i have been with USPS twice as long as our fill in PM and fill in supervisor combined - so I say I know how to do things better!
Any chance you could put a plan together, present it to management, and get it done that way? Use your experience and ability to develop a way that also saves management time and overtime? Some RCA's will probably not like it if it's implemented, but the rest will be positive.