• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

USPS is in panic mode - we now have a PLAN B - See NRLCA Web Site for details!

Legit question,

When there is no help available to help with a route, (I.E. if my regulars takes a vacation, and I get slam with packages), why would this people not allow us to start earlier doing all the mail instead of take packages then do mail later.

I mean not so much OTC, but you literally write down, in my case, my official start time is 8, and I write down that I started at 7, 715, or 730. Would that not be an option? Guess not.
You cannot record a start time, before your official start time, with sadists in the union and management. There are work arounds. Curtail every piece of junk flat you can to get out of the case as early as possible. Get out of the case as early as possible. Leave it for the big bucks regular so you can deal with packages instead.

We never got on board for the "plan" at our offices. Screw that. Our subs and regulars work about the same amount of hours roughly. Nobody abuses anyone else. We all know our subs are good. And the regulars help out where they can too. Our PM apparently has gotten whomever to leave us alone, since we seem to be doing the job without the interference. For now.

So far no rca on a route is being told to deliver parcels early morning. They schedule 1-2 if available to run them instead. Regs getting done by 3 pm rcas 5-6 pm.

So, I'm guessing what USPS thinks will happen is some otherwise sitting at home RCA will come in, deliver packages, and get the Regs done before dark.
What really happens is an RCA that is already on a route instead delivers packages for someone else, then returns to deliver their whole route/packages and gets done much later?

What a plan.

I am sure this 6-9 crap works in many offices but, you can be sure it doesnt work well in others, but, of course with the PO, these losers have to follow the mandate when its a counterproductive game plan.

I am personally tired of it already seeing others getting abused. Our district is making it happen every day, which to me is so dumb, and that is what someone told me so I don't know if it is true.

An RCA I know is being forced to work every day to work in her 1 route office delivering packages. She has been scheduled to work in a different office that is shorthanded. He doesn't need the help. It is forcing her to be late to start on the other route. She is now out late on this route. It is so dumb. She told me the regular was lying on the time sheet to make it look like he needs the help. I've heard from other RCA that some regulars are getting done 130-2 while RCAs are still out 5-6 at night. The idea is for the regular who knows the route probably better than RCA to be done with several hours of daylight left while RCA just have to figure it out on roads they may not know very well.

My office with one route is only making me come in on Mondays to help and any day when like Amazon doesn't drop or we get slammed somehow, which is how it should be.

So, I'm guessing what USPS thinks will happen is some otherwise sitting at home RCA will come in, deliver packages, and get the Regs done before dark.
What really happens is an RCA that is already on a route instead delivers packages for someone else, then returns to deliver their whole route/packages and gets done much later?

What a plan.

It's the greatest idea ever according to them. I can't wait to see what they come up with next year!!

Today was the first time all rcas even running a route had to run parcels from 6-9. 13 hr days are fun…. Resignation letter written out I’m ready to go if it happens again.
We "heard" about RCAs running parcels.... didn't happen at our office tho.... everybody hauled all their own parcels.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ 😐

Today was the first time all rcas even running a route had to run parcels from 6-9. 13 hr days are fun…. Resignation letter written out I’m ready to go if it happens again.

According to big wig, you are suppose to file grievance if you are working over 12 hours.

Back