• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Welp, it's been fun...

kingu

Now getting the 8.6 hour route done in about 7 hours, about 30 minutes behind what the regular does it (though admittedly, had easy parcels the last two times I ran the route, which is nice..) I'm about even on picking up a route blind, sometimes an hour over, but usually about the evaluated time.

Thing is I had other applications out as things came available on the careers website and next Monday I start in maintenance at the plant. First stop is custodial laborer, but should do well on the mandatory testing and swiftly move on. Couldn't pass up the direct to career opportunity, and in my office, I'd have about a 6 year wait to become a regular rural carrier.

Fellow RCAs are ... not pleased. Either about me going career so quick, or about losing someone they could depend on getting the job done (even if sometimes I needed a bit of help.) I do feel like I'm backstabbing the team a bit, but seeing that RTR appear on eOPF, I'm good with the temporary downgrade in wages (and definite upgrade in health insurance options.)

I did want to make sure I said thank you to those who gave a lot of support when I needed it, I still hate NBUs with a passion, give me an out the window route and I'm happy as a clam. For those with loads of NBUS on your route, pull those dividers out of your case for the NBUs. Please. Give yourself some room to breathe.

The newest RCAs who are coming into the office are also getting shafted on the OJI; I just don't get it. Extra casing time isn't going to replace OJI, just make it that much worse when they're thrown a raw route. Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll do great. At this time, I'm glad my house is on a city route for this office.

kingu -- In starting your new career in plant maintenance, did you have to resign as an RCA?

-- Good luck and remember the only place the grass is greener is over the septic tank.

-- Don't worry too much about what the other carriers say or feel. It is your life you are dealing with, not theirs. Besides you won't be in the office!

kingu -- In starting your new career in plant maintenance, did you have to resign as an RCA?

As a current employee, I have a separation date of 7/31 with a start date of 8/1 for RTR. Pretty sure this violates some contracts, but that's for someone else to worry about not me. Had to wait 3 weeks to even get the separation date (that was after the PM also e-mailed the director of district personel because he was losing a relief carrier and needed to know when a replacement could be acquired, especially since we've been losing one to two RCAs a day to another station.)

Now getting the 8.6 hour route done in about 7 hours, about 30 minutes behind what the regular does it (though admittedly, had easy parcels the last two times I ran the route, which is nice..) I'm about even on picking up a route blind, sometimes an hour over, but usually about the evaluated time.

Thing is I had other applications out as things came available on the careers website and next Monday I start in maintenance at the plant. First stop is custodial laborer, but should do well on the mandatory testing and swiftly move on. Couldn't pass up the direct to career opportunity, and in my office, I'd have about a 6 year wait to become a regular rural carrier.

Fellow RCAs are ... not pleased. Either about me going career so quick, or about losing someone they could depend on getting the job done (even if sometimes I needed a bit of help.) I do feel like I'm backstabbing the team a bit, but seeing that RTR appear on eOPF, I'm good with the temporary downgrade in wages (and definite upgrade in health insurance options.)

I did want to make sure I said thank you to those who gave a lot of support when I needed it, I still hate NBUs with a passion, give me an out the window route and I'm happy as a clam. For those with loads of NBUS on your route, pull those dividers out of your case for the NBUs. Please. Give yourself some room to breathe.

The newest RCAs who are coming into the office are also getting shafted on the OJI; I just don't get it. Extra casing time isn't going to replace OJI, just make it that much worse when they're thrown a raw route. Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll do great. At this time, I'm glad my house is on a city route for this office.
Good for you on taking a career position!
You're not stabbing anyone in the back, you are managing your career!
Wishing you all the best. ?⚙?

How do I get to eOPF? What is opf?

Back