• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

what a day

johnwayne

lost my transmission 10 minutes into the route this am. was able to get a replacement and get done 10 minutes before the truck. Was casually looking for a rhd. have a car to use for tomorrow, but need a different vehicle asap. eastern iowa area. any advice as far as makes, models, or places to look is appreciated.

If I were in a pinch, I'd hit up Craigslist and the used car lots looking for a ~$2k minivan. Usually a lot of life left when soccer moms trade them in. Most important: shifter on the column not in the console (easy to reach pedals from the right side).

Drive that until you can find a good deal on a RHD (if that's what you want) then keep the minivan as a beater/backup.

if anyone sees this..how does a 2011 honda crv work? found one in nice shape..but it looks awkward to use without rh pedals?

Do you have a picture of the inside? You should be able to sit on the console and straddle the shifter in a pinch. I know carriers who have 'em and love 'em...but they have suburban routes and converted them. I considered one, but my mechanic said a crv has a subframe and my route would break it. (super rough route)

i've seen crv's with pedal kits in them, and people rave about dependability of them. i think they have a dry timing belt, rather than an oiled chain, that needs changing periodically, to prevent disaster.

your probably not to far from galena, but they price their jeeps, like their the only place in the world to get them.

I have a 06 CRV. Three other carriers in my office also drive them. We've all gotten great service out of them, none of us have converted them. If you're tall you can probably make it work. I just hate not wearing my seatbelt but my route is super rural with no major highways. I've used it for over 2 years now with hardly any issues, but I did have problems with the ac over the summer. Route is about 72 miles, almost 500 boxes, hilly terrain, about 20 miles of dirt road. Honda makes fantastic engines but their automatic transmissions are prone to failure. I keep my fluid changed regularly, about every 30,000 miles.

yes i have. and i think that dealership is price gouging terribly. but i may have no choice.

Yeah. That horse trading gets old. Guess he figures he's got a little niche to exploit.

I've always thought a nice used Subaru with a RHD kit put on it by a body shop might be good. But, with Amazon now, not sure it would be big enough. Getting ridiculous.

I'm thinking of going with a minivan soon. (I work in a 2-zip code office. One zip no longer gets Amazon. The other zip, which I work for, is still delivering Amazon, which really sucks!! Don't know when or if we'll lose our Amazon.)

Any idea which minivans have the best transmissions? I used to drive a Dodge Caravan, but found out after using it that they were notorious for bad trannies. I've been considering a Toyota Sienna with AWD. Anybody ever use one on his/her mail route?

if anyone sees this..how does a 2011 honda crv work? found one in nice shape..but it looks awkward to use without rh pedals?
they're ALL awkward...just different levels...I delivered out of a 5 speed ford probe hatchback for two years...smh...what a pita

That dealership in Illinois is charging some crazy prices. I cant believe people will pay those prices ! Obviously, our options for RHD vehicles are limited.

I'm thinking of going with a minivan soon. (I work in a 2-zip code office. One zip no longer gets Amazon. The other zip, which I work for, is still delivering Amazon, which really sucks!! Don't know when or if we'll lose our Amazon.)

Any idea which minivans have the best transmissions? I used to drive a Dodge Caravan, but found out after using it that they were notorious for bad trannies. I've been considering a Toyota Sienna with AWD. Anybody ever use one on his/her mail route?
I used two Dodge Grand Caravans and had good luck with them. The only problem that I had came after a transmission flush. Stay away from them and just get the fluid changed.

Postal Pete is a crazy dealership. I sold them my 2012 RHD Wrangler, with just sending pictures, cashed the check, and it sat in my driveway for weeks before they sent a car hauler to pick it up a thousand miles away where I live. At one point I called them and asked if they forgot about it. The kid of the dealership owners runs the RHD portion of it, and he’s kind of weird. True to form, I saw a while later they marked it up through the roof, and basically vacuumed it out and slapped tires on it.

were you a gymnast is a previous life? ?

Seriously. i just bought a 2007 crv. works as is, but i think i might put pedals in it.
LMBO...felt like it!...it sat low enough where I could drive underneath most boxes, stay seated in drivers seat with foot on clutch and one on brake.....my right elbow wore a quarter sized hole in the passenger seat...
I had bundles on the floor, and a working tray up front...split rear seats were folded down to enable me to line up the rest of the trays and parcels ..this was 30 years ago...that car was front wheel drive and ate thru snow but it had a ground effect package that kept hanging up in snow banks and eventually ripped off...used it until I found an upgrade= 1978 amgeneral rhd rear wheel drive...that's a whole other story??

Back