• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

What DPS mail gets recounted?

Chrissy

It is not clear to me what DPS should be recounted in this upcoming mail count. I’ve read the NRLCA mini mail survey training, and it talks about carriers who ‘take their DPS to the street.’ Upon return, anything undelivered, UTF’s, forwards, holds, etc., is counted again as raw mail. Is this correct?

What about carriers who case their DPS? In the RRECS Q and A: mini mail survey, I found three references to DPS recount - letters may be recounted if ‘out-of-sequence,’ missent, or inverted, the inverted letters being credited as 4 inverted = 1 raw letter.

I am the only person in my office who takes my DPS to the street. Are my co-workers entitled to pull ALL ‘undeliverable‘ mail from their DPS and have it recounted? So in addition to the missents, out-of-sequence and inverted, should they be pulling, holds, NOV, forwards, UTF’s, vacants? Should they be following the same procedure for DPS that was in place for previous mail counts even though they are not ‘taking their DPS to the street,’ as the current survey training specifies?

If you case DPS, hold all mail that you pulled from your DPS that was Missort, Missent, MISSEQUENCE, UTF, ANK, IA, FWD, UBBM, etc. these get counted & added to the Raw Mail column. You can have mgmt count them before you depart to route or take them for a ride to handle in your EOS duties (adds extra time).

I am having the same exact discussion with my PM. According to everything I have been able to get ahold of from the union, everything that comes from DPS that does not go directly into a mailbox is to be counted as Raw Letters. 3M, holds, forwards, UTF, UBBM. Any of that, according to the union is being counted as raw. The training that management is receiving specifies that 3M and inverted ONLY are to be counted as Raw.

This makes no sense to me, because I thought the entire point of doing this count was to capture pieces that we have to handle multiple times and to count items that aren't captured by automated means. The PM asked in the training seminar today and showed me the answer that it is only supposed to be 3M and inverted that are counted. And I was told they contacted HQ and got the same answer.

I am at a loss.

I am having the same exact discussion with my PM. According to everything I have been able to get ahold of from the union, everything that comes from DPS that does not go directly into a mailbox is to be counted as Raw Letters. 3M, holds, forwards, UTF, UBBM. Any of that, according to the union is being counted as raw. The training that management is receiving specifies that 3M and inverted ONLY are to be counted as Raw.

This makes no sense to me, because I thought the entire point of doing this count was to capture pieces that we have to handle multiple times and to count items that aren't captured by automated means. The PM asked in the training seminar today and showed me the answer that it is only supposed to be 3M and inverted that are counted. And I was told they contacted HQ and got the same answer.

I am at a loss.
Thats bc NO-ONE has clear answers...NO-ONE!!! To many many many questions regarding the mini mailcount as well as RRECS!! Our PM asked in seminar many questions with answers as to.." Im not sure or oh I think so " same with HQ.....and same with the little to no training we received when this whole system started.......KEYWORD= DISASTER!!!

I am at a loss.
Fine, put all your UTFs, Holds, etc in the 3M then under Missequence. When you get it back the next day (after being counted AGAIN, deposit it where it actually should have gone. 2 can play that game.

During this mini mail survey the district manager said we could not count ubbm mail. So during the entire mail survey I did not count ubbm letters..Is there an official guide put out by usps and the nrlca? I think we should have got credit for all mail we did not deliver of DPS (same as if we took dps to the street.

During this mini mail survey the district manager said we could not count ubbm mail. So during the entire mail survey I did not count ubbm letters..Is there an official guide put out by usps and the nrlca? I think we should have got credit for all mail we did not deliver of DPS (same as if we took dps to the street.
You should have been keeping count of ALL mail you brought back from dps, even if told not to so you could dispute it now, you didn’t keep track on your own separately? They told us after a few days it won’t be counted but I kept track and they change their mind the last day and my boss added them. No small feet, talking 400+ letters for me.

Back