• Please keep questions in the Questions forum to contract, procedures, and requests for documentation. Vehicle, TSP, retirement, etc questions please post in the regular forums. Thank you

What formula is used for adding time to evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neraklucy

I'm confused! On this website it tells us how many boxes to add an hour but when my 4003 was updated it only added 2 minutes per box ..

Oi veh.

Staff member
Doesn't just go by boxes. You need to factor in your volume as well.

2 minutes per box is correct if you are a non-L route.

What is your volume and how many boxes did you add?

btdtret

Neraklucy -- "I'm confused!"

-- Then you will fit right in with the rest of us!!

" On this website it tells us how many boxes to add an hour but when my 4003 was updated it only added 2 minutes per box .."

-- For that to be the case, then your route would be ALL cluster boxes and have a volumes factor of 1.

-- Is that the situation for your route?

-- If not, search for "Boxes needed" in RI's KNOWLEDGEBASE section ( which you apparently have already ).

-- Ask to see manglement's paperwork and if need be, contact your ADR.

Dominator

I'm confused! On this website it tells us how many boxes to add an hour but when my 4003 was updated it only added 2 minutes per box ..
Boxes Needed for 60-minute Change.png
It appears that the only way you could have 2-minutes per box is if your volume factor is next to nothing. Look at your PS Form 4241-A and get your volume factor. That number is necessary to solve this riddle.

Article 9.2.C.10.png

Last edited:

FrozenToes

I'm confused! On this website it tells us how many boxes to add an hour but when my 4003 was updated it only added 2 minutes per box .
There are three types of box credits. The appropriate box credit is added to your volume factor . That number is multiplied by the number of that type of boxes. This gives you the time gained or lost ( if losing boxes)
Box credit( regular mailbox)= 2 min./box or 1.82 min./ box if an "L" route
Box credit ( NDCBU/Central Box) = 1 min./box
Volume factor = on 4242-A
You can see there are three different ways the bank time could be calculated.
examples: Add 4 boxes. 2.5 volume factor
Regular boxes- 2+2.5=4.5, 4.5 x 4= 18 minutes gained
Reg boxes L route - 1.82 + 2.5=4.32, 4.32 x 4 = 17.28 minutes gained
NDCBU/Central box - 1+ 2.5=3.5, 3.5x 4= 14 minutes gained
In your case, did you also lose boxes or lose mileage? Compare numbers of miles and boxes on the new 4241-A to your last 4241-A.

Oi veh.

Staff member
15 boxes volume is 2.09
I'm assuming you are a non-L.

2 minutes a box + 2.09 volume = 4.09 x 15 boxes = 61.35 minutes.

someone messed up somewhere, unless some of the factors frozen toes mentioned (also losing boxes and/or mileage) occurred.

if not, have the discussion and if no joy, file the grievance. good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.