• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

What's a 5 and 1 Aux Route duties and responsibilities?

Bob9plus

Looking for clarification.

My sub is a "5 and 1" aux route carrier, and was originally informed that subbing for their primary route takes However, management is trying to force me to work my Saturdays off, and make her work her Aux route, while helping fill in on another route. Is this allowed?

Bob9plus et -- "My sub is a "5 and 1" aux route carrier, and was originally informed that subbing for their primary route takes [ precedence? ]. However, management is trying to force me to work my Saturdays off, and make her work her Aux route, while helping fill in on another route. Is this allowed? "

-- The good new is that wasn't allowed back in the day. Step 4 ( R-95 ). In part: Those employees who elect to serve the auxiliary route and their primary assignment on the regular route WILL NOT SERVE on any other routes in the office. That was as of 20 MAY 2000. ( darn - there is that pesky "20 MAY" date again!! )

-- The bad news is that the 2015-2018 contract changed things by adding Article 30.2.G.5. After completion of the ASSIGNED AUXILIARY ROUTE OR THE PRIMARY ROUTE ASSIGNMENT, a leave replacement assigned to serve the auxiliary route may be utilized on any other auxiliary route, or serve as a leave replacement or provide auxiliary assistance on any regular route.

-- Be sure to point out to manglement the key words: AFTER COMPLETION

-- Your sub may have to start filing grievances to get manglement to stop.

-- One way would be to have "cease and desist" as well as "progressive monetary penalty for future instances ( violations )" included in the settlement.

-- Hopefully you are on the RDWL so you can request ( demand ) DACA Code 5 ( 150% pay with no X-Day ) each time you have to work your relief day. If not, the next time to sign up will be in the latter half of April ( 20 APRIL ? ) The sign up list should go up 3 weeks prior to the first full pay period in MAY. Miss that one and the next will be 3 weeks prior to the start of the New Guarantee Year in October.

-- Hitting manglement in the pocket book usually gets the attentions of District.

Since they opted for your run as their Primary... They can not move this RCA Aux runner to another route when it is your assigned day off or AL/SL submitted. You get their coverage first and they can split the AUX or make them do both it if the 12hr rule does not come into play.

Back