When an RCA quits, does the Matrix open up?

btdtret

aaa123 -- "When an RCA quits, does the Matrix open up?"

-- It can, but probably depends on manglement.

-- Step 4 ( M-32 ) in part: When circumstances create a LARGE NUMBER OF BLANKS on the list due to conversions, auxiliary route assignments, etc. management should review the list to determine if some movement of qualified leave replacements or additional cross training is needed.

-- Step 4 ( M-83.50 ) ( Q&A on the Matrix )

- # 11. Q - Is there a time frame for redoing the matrix?
- # 11. A - When circumstances create a LARGE NUMBER OF BLANKS on the list due to conversions, auxiliary route assignments, etc. management should review the list to determine if some movement of qualified leave replacements or additional cross training is needed.

-- Nevertheless is would behove manglement to get the position filled as soon as possible. (yes, mangelement would actually have to do some work)

-- Matrix Quick Reference Checklist ( should be in RI's KNOWLEDGEBASE Section )

- # 11. When a primary vacancy occurs, it is offered by seniority to qualified leave replacements. ( "qualified" just means being assigned to the office and being available to work, but not actually have worked the route where the vacancy is )

PostingPostal

I agree with Got stamps We have two rcas that recently left. Because none of us are ready to change our primary, we aren't complaining. I beleive the contract states a change in primary should be done in a reasonable amount of time. Our area doesnt automatically move third place to second place though

Twingrlie

I agree with Got stamps We have two rcas that recently left. Because none of us are ready to change our primary, we aren't complaining. I beleive the contract states a change in primary should be done in a reasonable amount of time. Our area doesnt automatically move third place to second place though
Whether you may be ready to change or not, management should still offer it to the subs as an option to change their primary. This has to be done as soon as the RCA has vacated that route. The same goes if the regular goes on extended leave and there is no sub assigned to that route. It needs to be offered to RCAs after 30 days as a chance to opt on that route.

gotstamps

The movement from 3rd to 2nd doesn't really matter until mgmt decides that 2nds & 3rds need filling. When they go to fill them by Seniority, that is when they move 3rds to empty 2nd slots & then work it from there. Mgmt just can’t place a sub in a 2nd slot where a 3rd is occupied.