• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

whenabouts is the RRECS likely to happen?

I have 32 years(I'm 56 1/2) in but 6 as a sub so that makes me ineligible for the bridge payment.
Yes, I could retire on my Itty bitty pension but I'd have to get another job and or use up my 401k.
Apparently, I misread the qualifications for the bridge payment
If rrecs is as bad as I think it will be, I may leave anyway...šŸ˜¢šŸ¤¬
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what's the "bridge payment?"

I donā€™t believe there is any discipline available for a carrier ā€œjust trying to make sure no scan is missedā€. When and if a carrier is ā€œnoticedā€ for making extra scans, what would the USPS do?
I can't remember the OP's name, but we had the wife of a carrier post here when he scanned everything twice (or more) during a mail count because his Lazy Postmaster was not counting as required. The Postmaster took the scan count from the scanner at the end of the day. That carrier was fired and we never heard from the wife, who was the OP ever again. So be careful going down this road if you think you can pad your pay with multiple scans on a regular basis

I can't remember the OP's name, but we had the wife of a carrier post here when he scanned everything twice (or more) during a mail count because his Lazy Postmaster was not counting as required. The Postmaster took the scan count from the scanner at the end of the day. That carrier was fired and we never heard from the wife, who was the OP ever again. So be careful going down this road if you think you can pad your pay with multiple scans on a regular basis
I would have to question that story. When you scan a partial more than once you only get credit for one scan on your scanner for one barcode. Therefore to be fired for Scanning parcels more than once would not fly.

I remember that story told above, as far as I know the wife of the Carrier or the Carrier never came back on this site. I also thought it wouldn't be hard to defend in a firing scenario. They were ask to come back on and tell us how it ended up but never did.

I finger fumble sometimes and scan something in a way I shouldn't. I try and delete it, but the upload happens too quick. So I scan it a second time the correct way. It shows as another item I scanned. I don't know if it takes the first or second scan to determine which delivery I get credit.
1st delivered as "at mailbox" while I am standing at door...."oooops! I try to delete it but I get the screen that says uploaded items can't be deleted pops up. I then rescan....deliver at front door. I wonder how this gets credited.
My PM told me back when I was a newbie that if there are two scans for the same package within 5 minutes that the system takes the last scan for point of delivery anyways.

Iā€™ve been asking this question of anyone and everyone I can find in the union and management up to very high levels over the past 5+ years. Their answers were all wrong. I got tired of waiting and have largely given up on waiting. I donā€™t think it will ever be fully implemented at this point. Iā€™ve switched routes as a result and took a pay cut to have less parcels. Others have given up and retired, others have quit. This all helps the postal service to hire newer and cheaper labor, so theyā€™ve won already and weā€™ve lost. Having said that, my guess is that it will be implemented, in some form, in 2022. From what Iā€™m hearing, itā€™s too complicated to implement, so theyā€™ll agree to implement a half-assed version of it.
In our office, the newer and cheaper labor isn't cheaper at all..they can't complete whole routes, and have accidents..smh

Our systems now generate a report (not one that's thrust in the supervisor's desktop) that indicates multiple scans. More than an occasional one brings an alert, and then the offender is questioned. I've seen carriers told not to scan more than once except upon occasion, as the PM really doesn't want to be on the radar for this too.
So what....blahblahblah...unless they write me up I could care less what garbage comes out of the mouths of morons that have never done my job

So what....blahblahblah...unless they write me up I could care less what garbage comes out of the mouths of morons that have never done my job
There is most definitely a system that red flags multiple delivery barcode scanning. Lots of carriers are being invited to an ii to explain it. Knowledge is power. Even knowledge of USPS capabilities or your managers. Managers have a duty to manage not deliver mail necessarily. They should respect those doing the work they oversee. But, we shouldn't automatically dismiss someone for not doing our job. To do so creates the very unhappy morale from such many employees, of all stations, suffer. Try to respect if you can. If you can't, talk through 8191.

Last edited:
There is most definitely a system that red flags multiple delivery barcode scanning. Lots of carriers are being invited to an ii to explain it. Knowledge is power. Even knowledge of USPS capabilities or your managers. Managers have a duty to manage not deliver mail necessarily. They should respect those doing the work they oversee. But, we shouldn't automatically dismiss someone for not doing our job. To do so creates the very unhappy moral from such many employees, of all stations, suffer. Try to respect if you can. If you can't, talk through 8191.
Much more eloquently said.

I spend effort and time uncovering systems and alerts, in the hope that knowing those can make our job easier.

I like to be aware of what's in the system, how it works, regardless of the humans using it.

But then I'm an Old Fart, pretty much out of touch with most.
And as an old Fart, I'm pretty sure you know your job...what exactly would they have to say that would change that?

Back