• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Where are we in RRECS data hunt?

RDruckus

Does anyone know what data type(s) are being collected at the present for RRECS?

Is it sampling parcels to the door, dismount distance, etc?

I'm guessing they are collecting data on anything they can. If parcels to the door are truly 5 minutes in rrecs, that would be a huge factor why USPS refused to budge on mailcounts during this contract. They are waiting for amazon to take over more of their delivery. Sucks to be us.

Also, Fed Ex will be delivering all there packages in 2020, they are going to 7-day delivery.

im sure there is a team of people sitting around and coming up with ideas on how to use all this data. I have a feeling that they are on the lookout for mailboxes that get blown past every day. I have a strange urge to try an experiment. but im not in an office with a friendly clerk right now.

im sure there is a team of people sitting around and coming up with ideas on how to use all this data. I have a feeling that they are on the lookout for mailboxes that get blown past every day. I have a strange urge to try an experiment. but im not in an office with a friendly clerk right now.
Hmmmm, do tell?

first of all..i dont believe it would probably work as designed. but if you started backing up, blocked the signal somehow until you turned around..and then allowed signal again..would it say you backed up for say 4 miles? I really dont think it would..but would be a fun experiment..

The accelerometer/gyroscopic sensor that detects change in speed and direction of the device does not care about wireless/radio/sat/cellular signal. But it probably needs a battery.

im not sure it uses a gyroscope. ive simulated hard braking lots of times. doesnt register unless i actually do it with the car.

kind of technical. but the gist is the distance between the base and the receiver(scanner) is whats measured. and computer logic is applied to determine whether youre going forward or backward. at least thats the way i understand it.

FedEx is ending their express shipping contract with Amazon. They will continue their contracts for freight. At least until they expire. FedEx has maximized their system capacity due to all sellers demanding more shipping space on their flights. They even fly military supplies now.

Does anyone know what data type(s) are being collected at the present for RRECS?

[/QUOTE}

We have not yet reconciled our edit books to the 4003 Line of Travel. My 4003 is no where near accurate - the PM just added mileage at the end to match the odometer reading. I don't think I have driven my LOT for three consecutive days for the past eighteen months - roads impassible because of snow, flood or mud, railroad crossings upgraded causing deviations, wind turbine construction closing roads for weeks at a time. Now road and street construction starting. So, I am not sure anything has progressed since February with the "bread crumb" edict.

My mail flow has been funny since this RRECS digitization started, like someone's turning a faucet on and off. All 28 of my business customers get no mail every other day.
It steams my asparagus when they hold back their mail Friday, and it comes Saturday. Most of them are closed Saturday, so they don't get their checks until Monday. Nice way to treat a small business.

Shenanigans with parcels, too.

I was re-reading another thread. 4003 issues were to be completed by July 5, the day I asked the question.
So, I guess July 6 is the start of the 3rd of 6 RRECS digitization data collection increments.
(Or, as the USPS says, let's run into the kitchen and fudge some numbers.)

Last edited:
My take on this is.... Stop at every active listed box everyday with or without mail ASAP. See if you get an SPM prompt and move on.

By digitization #13 they might have everything figured out based on a carriers Seasonal issues for delivery and possibly an even flow of mail. Except for the guarantee period which will not be factored in.

My mail has been more than a little weird lately, extremely heavy or very light for customers who normally get a similar amount every day. Some customers who always get mail had 2days last week without a letter. Even they noticed and asked me what was going on. I think the PO is experimenting with manipulating the boxes we stop for. The mail hasn’t dropped off in summertime in recent years, like it did for many when our routes really did tend to even out during the year. Mgmnt hasn’t stopped trying to get more for nothing and rrecs is just another way for them to drill down to rt level as they do. We are going to have to work smarter and be aware of the data we are generating and how it can be used to our advantage or to our detriment.

Back