• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

WHERE"S RRECS?

mwellis32

Why has nobody been able to put up a side by side route comparison of the old mail count formula VS RRECS yet? It must take a long time to figure out how to fool a Rural in to another BAD DEAL? How about a side by side of CITY VS RURAL? How much more free work for less pay we going to have to do for USPS to get a bail out?

Just a guess, but probably two years from rrecs, if its implemented. I hear you on the extra miles and late days. Had Amazon at crazy levels for 6 years. Almost quit because I was just too tired to care anymore. It went away, sort of for 18 months. But it's back with a vengeance. Monday I had 388 scans and second trip. It gets old. I've never particularly cared how long it takes me on a given day. I just focus one delivery at a time. If I focused on the clock it would drive me nuts: thinking I should be faster, further and maybe even home by a point on the route.

I suggest a medicinal nightcap or a little time at a driving range. I used to write the names of my psychotic supervisor on the range balls and give them a ride.

Why has nobody been able to put up a side by side route comparison of the old mail count formula VS RRECS yet? It must take a long time to figure out how to fool a Rural in to another BAD DEAL? How about a side by side of CITY VS RURAL? How much more free work for less pay we going to have to do for USPS to get a bail out?
I find it very hard to believe that the NRLCA doesn't know exactly how the study routes current evals compare to RRECS. The engineers had to verify the system to make sure it was correct so they must know. The question is...why doesn't the NRLCA let us know?? Again, the lack of communication and transparency is disturbing. What are they afraid of? They have a website and a monthly newspaper. Tell the carriers about how the study routes fared with RRECS. I am so fed up with them that I really wish they'd all step down and let completely new leaders run this assoc. Of course they'd probably never do that because we are all making them rich with the salaries we pay them to not represent us as they should. Disgusting! My route forced me to retire before I wanted to because the amount of parcels was overwhelming and our current system in general was so out of whack that I was working untold hours each week over eval (free OT for the USPS) and had to use all my annual and SL to stay within 2080 hours. If the NRLCA is going to allow this kind of abuse of the members who pay them to represent us, maybe the whole assoc. should just fold and join the NALC. Really, what purpose do they serve besides bettering their own financial position? How many more carriers will have to retire before they want or quit before the stooges on Duke St. get it!

Last edited:
Duke street must be high on a hill. They all be there perfectly still. Nobody seems to notice all the shiet flowing down the hill
We may all be drowning but the fools on the hill. Feeling is they just keep pushing it out and the Union peeps just side step it while it blows rural craft away. Then what happens.

From my understanding anything that is outrageously different than what happened during the last mail count can be reason to receive auxiliary help. You may consider this. I have wrote down a note requesting auxiliary help with reason (over burdened with parcels) also stating I would be back late. Sometimes I got help, sometimes not. Just a thought.

Just a guess, but probably two years from rrecs, if its implemented. I hear you on the extra miles and late days. Had Amazon at crazy levels for 6 years. Almost quit because I was just too tired to care anymore. It went away, sort of for 18 months. But it's back with a vengeance. Monday I had 388 scans and second trip. It gets old. I've never particularly cared how long it takes me on a given day. I just focus one delivery at a time. If I focused on the clock it would drive me nuts: thinking I should be faster, further and maybe even home by a point on the route.

I suggest a medicinal nightcap or a little time at a driving range. I used to write the names of my psychotic supervisor on the range balls and give them a ride.

I find it very hard to believe that the NRLCA doesn't know exactly how the study routes current evals compare to RRECS. The engineers had to verify the system to make sure it was correct so they must know. The question is...why doesn't the NRLCA let us know?? Again, the lack of communication and transparency is disturbing. What are they afraid of? They have a website and a monthly newspaper. Tell the carriers about how the study routes fared with RRECS. I am so fed up with them that I really wish they'd all step down and let completely new leaders run this assoc. Of course they'd probably never do that because we are all making them rich with the salaries we pay them to not represent us as they should. Disgusting! My route forced me to retire before I wanted to because the amount of parcels was overwhelming and our current system in general was so out of whack that I was working untold hours each week over eval (free OT for the USPS) and had to use all my annual and SL to stay within 2080 hours. If the NRLCA is going to allow this kind of abuse of the members who pay them to represent us, maybe the whole assoc. should just fold and join the NALC. Really, what purpose do they serve besides bettering their own financial position? How many more carriers will have to retire before they want or quit before the stooges on Duke St. get it!
I'm right where you were. Going to be forced to retire before I want . Route is just too overwhelming with all the parcels.. Too much free work! I blame my union for doing nothing.

Windindaface et al -- "Where is RRECS? Six feet behind Waldo and wearing a mask."

-- And also probably wearing an invisibility suit like in THE INVISIBLE MAN movie or an invisibility cloak as in HARRY POTTER films.

HOURLY!!!! HOURLY!!!!!

Been saying it for over 15 years. I see RC and RCAs working their asses off everyday.

We look at clerics and city carriers moving the exact same pace, everyday. Day after holiday, heavy parcel day, 4 boxholder day and so on. All paid
by the hour.

Unlike rural carriers, we are given extra tasks nearly every week with no compensation.

Would love to have an option to be hourly or evaluation?

Right now, we are getting F'ed and have been for over 15 years straight!!! Probably longer for others.

Back