Where to go from here

"Proprietary information" is just a fancy phrase for "trade secret".

The April 10th posting that Mr. Favreau (of NRLCA legal council) referenced in his letter to Ruralinfo was basically the same writings in the latest ”From the President's Desk" article of the latest (May 2021) National Magazine, plus or minus some punctuation and a few changed words.

I'm not sure why this... um... "trade secret" was intended to be a secret. Does canceling a convention (that would be unlawful for the Employer to interfere with under the NLRA) somehow give us bargaining leverage?

Further, if the news of canceling the 2021 National Convention was intended to be a trade secret, perhaps labeling the link "2021 National Convention Canceled" in the "what's new" section wasn't the most covert decision.

This whole ordeal reminds me of a scene from Big Daddy.
04.png

So, I am sure most of you have noticed that I have changed the way I share articles from the NRLCA. The reason is I have received a certified letter from the NRLCA's lawyers. From the beginning the NRLCA has been against the Ruralinfo website, but this is the first time they have gone as far as to have the lawyers get involved. I am currently trying to figure out how to respond and what this means for Ruralinfo.net.

I will be retiring next year and I am not sure I have this kind of fight still in me. Not sure why they decided to do it after all of these years, but they did. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. This would also affect the knowledgebase. They want anything downloaded from the NRLCA website removed from my website.

So, I will continue to try to figure out how to move forward with this or even if I will at all. Please know, no matter what happens, I will always be forever grateful to the support I have received from rural carriers across the country. It has been a long wild ride and all of you have made it worth my time and effort.
This sounds so horrible after being an RCA for about a year. I assume your looking into gofundme or kickstarter?

"They told me they applaud my efforts but in the end it does more harm than good for the membership."

Applaud your efforts ? Should have written to you something more like ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR SUCCESS !!
This is more from the patronizing passive-aggressive comment box. At any disagreement, it seems common they jump at the chance to try to make you feel stupid or some kind of lesser-being.

"You tried so hard, but we've got it from here. Now, run along."

:rolleyes:

Yes, they got Table2, 15 year apprenticeship (longest in the world) Amazon slavery and non liveable wages. They really got their ? together!
"On-call" employment with zero weekly workhour guarantees?

Is the silver lining still "you don't have to pay dues if you don't work for an entire pay period"?

Thanks? (I guess)

As far as I'm concerned I have bought and paid for the Steward guide, and ALL of the NRLCA "Intellectual" property. It's mine, and I'll do with it what I wish. If I want to post it here I can. If the NRLCA doesn't want to "allow" me to do so, then give me my dues back. As of now I'm at over $20,000 that the NRLCA owes me to not be "Allowed" to post anything of my bought and paid for info.
? seems that though NLCA's Materials Reference System (MRS) Index and Summaries is a just click away online, NRLCA keeps info away from their own & then fault them for not having the knowledge they should. Go figure??‍♀️

So, I am sure most of you have noticed that I have changed the way I share articles from the NRLCA. The reason is I have received a certified letter from the NRLCA's lawyers. From the beginning the NRLCA has been against the Ruralinfo website, but this is the first time they have gone as far as to have the lawyers get involved. I am currently trying to figure out how to respond and what this means for Ruralinfo.net.

I will be retiring next year and I am not sure I have this kind of fight still in me. Not sure why they decided to do it after all of these years, but they did. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. This would also affect the knowledgebase. They want anything downloaded from the NRLCA website removed from my website.

So, I will continue to try to figure out how to move forward with this or even if I will at all. Please know, no matter what happens, I will always be forever grateful to the support I have received from rural carriers across the country. It has been a long wild ride and all of you have made it worth my time and effort.
That’s surprising because I learned about Ruralinfo at a union meeting. I wonder what is the motivation behind this? And for the record NRLCA changed their website and it sucks big time now

That’s surprising because I learned about Ruralinfo at a union meeting. I wonder what is the motivation behind this? And for the record NRLCA changed their website and it sucks big time now
NRLCA site is not the most informative or user friendly. What we have available on this site (Knowledgebase) is leaps and bounds a better tool to discover answers to your questions!

NRLCA site is not the most informative or user friendly. What we have available on this site (Knowledgebase) is leaps and bounds a better tool to discover answers to your questions!
Agreed!

My favorite part though is that most responses from members here don't come off as something intended to make you feel like an idiot simply for asking a question!

It's a shame that the NRLCA National Board is actively trying to tear down the foundations of this website. :(

How large is the knowledge base in gigabytes?

If we can't organize our opinion makes no difference.
Could you be suggesting that Ruralinfo establish its own internal-union political party? The Rural Info Party?

R.I.P. - Reviving our union back from the dead! ?

A group of candidates presenting themselves as running mates could cause an interesting turn of events. ?

Could you be suggesting that Ruralinfo establish its own internal-union political party? The Rural Info Party?

A group of candidates presenting themselves as running mates could cause an interesting turn of events. ?
I am not suggesting that Ruralinfo.net do it.

I don't think PT is interested. Of course I may be wrong about this now but she has gone to a great deal of trouble to allow competing points of view on the board.

However, a political party or a special interest group with in the NRLCA why not? It will most certainly irritate them and it is our legal right to do so.

The NRLCA may be in favor of call Rural Info the R.I.P. party, but mostly because they wanna shut it down..... shutter down.... :unsure:?‍♂️???

Back