Where you at?

What Region of the country do you hale from?

• PACIFIC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • ROCKY MOUNTAINS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SOUTHWEST

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • NORTHEAST

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • SOUTHEAST

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • MIDWEST

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • NONCONTIGUOUS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Voglio-il mio

Somebody posted on one of these threads that it would be interesting to find out where the posters and members of this board are from (what region of the country), this also intrigued me so therefore here we are!

5156 members as of this date, lets see how many respond!:unsure:

Last edited:

Voglio-il mio

I thought I would check out the results of this very simple poll just to see how well it had been accepted and responded to and I'll tell you what this poll has drawn basically the same results (ratio) as our last contract vote! 150 members have viewed it and only 14 has participated so far, that's just over 9% that have found it worthy of participation. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:

stillfirstclass

I thought I would check out the results of this very simple poll just to see how well it had been accepted and responded to and I'll tell you what this poll has drawn basically the same results (ratio) as our last contract vote! 150 members have viewed it and only 14 has participated so far, that's just over 9% have found it worthy of participation. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
do i get a i voted sticker? other wise what do i get out of it? ssdd.. i vote(d) to voice an opinion, hoping someone will notice.. i too look forward to seeing where everyone hangs their hat...;)

Skierstmoritz

The results of this little survey imho point to what's wrong with our craft and our union. Very few give a hoot unless it directly impacts them. The majority of posters on rural info are a small number of carriers who seem to want a better life for themselves and others. Its mainly the same people who discuss our craft! Where is everyone else? Why would the union poobahs give a rats ass when the only ones that seem to care number @ 50 people. If its too bothersome to cast a simple vote as to where you are from, god forbid you actually had to pull you head out of the sand! Too harsh? Maybe? True? Maybe so?

HardearnedTan

Staff member
I think the activity on this forum has, sadly, dwindled to virtually none compared to what was going on say one year ago. I voraciously read old threads when I first found this forum, learning so much and wanting to check in for every new post! Now when I check in, there's rarely more than a couple comments (usually just complaints that the PO is horrible) or new posts with no replies, as if most people have abandoned it. I wish we'd get riled up enough to fill pages and pages with new activity and responses from like-minded carriers again!

Voglio-il mio

🙊🙈
I thought I would check out the results of this very simple poll just to see how well it had been accepted and responded to and I'll tell you what this poll has drawn basically the same results (ratio) as our last contract vote! 150 members have viewed it and only 14 has participated so far, that's just over 9% that have found it worthy of participation. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Update! After one week 404 members have viewed only 24 participated for 5.9% ratio.:unsure:🙉

I think the activity on this forum has, sadly, dwindled to virtually none compared to what was going on say one year ago. I voraciously read old threads when I first found this forum, learning so much and wanting to check in for every new post! Now when I check in, there's rarely more than a couple comments (usually just complaints that the PO is horrible) or new posts with no replies, as if most people have abandoned it. I wish we'd get riled up enough to fill pages and pages with new activity and responses from like-minded carriers again!
No activity translates to there are only a limited number of ways to beat a dead horse. No contract info, nothing new on the rural study, no upcoming mail count to discuss, no discussion on excessing which was a hot topic about 7 years ago, not much coming from area conferences, the gray areas in the contract that some will jump up and down and stomp their feet while saying something is or is not allowed when in reality things are handled differently from one office to the next. If you happen to be where your ox has not been gored you just hope the pot is not stirred in your office.

Except for someone new that finds the site; what can we old timers say that has not been repeated six ways to Sunday? Even someone new could just look back thru the site and find a number of opinions on most any rural carrier topic.

I consider myself from fly over country.

Sandygirl

🙊🙈

Update! After one week 404 members have viewed only 24 participated for 5.9% ratio.:unsure:🙉
No activity translates to there are only a limited number of ways to beat a dead horse. No contract info, nothing new on the rural study, no upcoming mail count to discuss, no discussion on excessing which was a hot topic about 7 years ago, not much coming from area conferences, the gray areas in the contract that some will jump up and down and stomp their feet while saying something is or is not allowed when in reality things are handled differently from one office to the next. If you happen to be where your ox has not been gored you just hope the pot is not stirred in your office.

Except for someone new that finds the site; what can we old timers say that has not been repeated six ways to Sunday? Even someone new could just look back thru the site and find a number of opinions on most any rural carrier topic.

I consider myself from fly over country.

ibd1

I voted even though it was too late. Sorry, this past two weeks have been terrible with at least two box holders everyday and close to 200 scans everyday so I have not had time to go on the site. I find family time to be very important. I guess I won't get my I voted sticker. By the way, I honesty think the next contract ratification vote will have the highest percentage ever. When people are upset and angry then that increases voter participation, just look at the latest elections.

Voglio-il mio

ibd1, Voting doesn't close until January 31, 2020 :)I did this intentionally so that everyone has plenty of time to respond if they desire to.

I also agree with you family time is the most important time in my life, extra time spent at work or earning extra money means nothing if you can't or don't share memories with the ones you love!👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

Last edited: