Who is going to save us?

Surprise!

Up until now, I thought most Rural Carriers were from the land of Volunteer Fire Departments.

People who did not wait for the Government to come in and save them. People that found ways to solve local problems. Maybe not always the best and brightest but people who were willing to act when the time came and use the tools they have available.

Now, we have potential bad news rolling in and our eyes and ears, the union will tell us nothing.

We cry but we accept our fate with nothing more than a wimpier.

I had always bet that people from smaller communities may have less resources than the larger cities but that person for person they had a far greater turn out. I have been proven wrong.

I guess all I saw was a greater willingness to kowtow to authority.

What bothers me the most is that I don't consider myself to be the exception to this. So, I feel ashamed also.

DB.Cooper

What brand of bad news are you referring to??? RRECS, contract, all of the above... we certainly have no way of knowing since nobody is sharing any info... if great news were coming would they tell us??? Surely not if it's bad news... but, again, nobody knows... or if anybody does know, they're not telling us... 🤫

gerl2

I agree that many things we can save ourselves from... and most times we are our own best advocates... but then why do we pay dues to a "union" that has consistently lost ground on our pay and benefits over the past DECADES???
Do I hear the word slavery, do you really own your car? do you really own your house? are you really free? think about it we are a bunch of slaves work like dogs and have your checkbook ready. Just an endless cycle.

I agree that many things we can save ourselves from... and most times we are our own best advocates... but then why do we pay dues to a "union" that has consistently lost ground on our pay and benefits over the past DECADES???
No union. The PMG calls the President and says, "I will get the PO back in the black". The President says, "How?". PMG says, "Cut their pay to $12 an hour with no benefits". The President replies, "Do it". The PMG calls Eagen and says, "The beginning of the next pay period all non EAS postal employees will only be paid $12 per hour". Postal crisis averted and PMG receives large bonus for the money saving idea.

DB.Cooper

I admit the deck is stacked against us... but I pay the "union" almost $800 clams a year to try to get a decent hand dealt to me every now and then... so when that NEVER seems to happen, then I wonder what I'm payin' for... :unsure:

Rt2mailman

All carriers should really try to pay in US dollars. Clams are running at $6.49 to $7/lbs. With the average 4 clams/lb. You're paying around $1.75/clam or $1400/year, where in US dollars it would just be $800/year. No wonder why those clam paying carriers are so anti union.

DB.Cooper

No union. The PMG calls the President and says, "I will get the PO back in the black". The President says, "How?". PMG says, "Cut their pay to $12 an hour with no benefits". The President replies, "Do it". The PMG calls Eagen and says, "The beginning of the next pay period all non EAS postal employees will only be paid $12 per hour". Postal crisis averted and PMG receives large bonus for the money saving idea.
So... when you say "President"... I'm assuming Dwyer or Stutts.... :oops:

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

You can denominate the dues in deniro, pesos, clams, rubles, or whatever you want... still not seeing how were getting a decent return on our investment... :cry:🤑

Rt2mailman

President of the United states is capitalized not president of our union, unless you are assigning a higher value to our union president than "normal" union members.
One thing is for sure, if any carriers are paying by clams you're paying more than the average carrier.

DB.Cooper

Oh... believe me... I assign NO "higher value" to anything about our "union"...

Actually, when I think of things comparable to our union... I think more along the lines of whale $#!+ on the ocean floor... :poop:🐳:oops:

btdtret

All -- Who is going to save us? Better look in the mirror!

-- IMHO the NRLCA could have done so, l-o-n-g ago, just by saying "It is ( way past ) time to go hourly."

-- Supposedly a national office said "One more bad contract, and we should go hourly." or words to that effect. Apparently there haven't been any "bad contracts" since then!

-- No waiting YEARS for an Industrial Study.

-- No waiting years to see if the arbitrator would get involved since his dead lines were just something to be ignored.

-- No waiting a couple of years trying to apply new standards to old standards.

-- No waiting years to get the "mapping" program to actual map routes. ( BTW -- did the USPS go to the vendor and DEMAND a refund for the "glitchy" software? Probably not. )

-- Apparently "It takes what it takes." is not in the USPS's vocabulary. Just like "Going hourly." is not in the NRLCA's vocabulary.

RDruckus

All -- Who is going to save us? ....

-- No waiting years to get the "mapping" program to actual map routes. ( BTW -- did the USPS go to the vendor and DEMAND a refund for the "glitchy" software? Probably not. )
I suspect nepotism, or maybe kickbacks. There must be some reason USPS is not reimbursed. (You know what happens if they decide you owe them money.)

Rt2mailman

When the USPS starts using robots to deliver mail, I will be retired, and I will make it my personal mission to "take robots out" and my new favorite will be drone shooting, similar to clay pigeons.
Don't worry I will save you. When you hear of automated LLV's stranded on the side of desolate area roadways, you'll know by the big "D" spray painted on the side of them, for the "Sign of Dave", sorta like the sign of "Zoro". Adds on Craigslist for used automated GPS systems and used robot batteries for sale will let you kmow that Dave is out there saving rural carriers everywhere.

Guin

A source from another site that claims to have attended a meeting with Stutts is claiming that the PMG signed the new contract sometime late last week -no idea why it hasnt been announced yet, also that we took a massive beating in pay, whatever that means. Take this with a grain of salt.

I have no hope for this contract. Beginning to think they're going to use sandpaper instead of lube on us this round.

lbpd16

I admit the deck is stacked against us... but I pay the "union" almost $800 clams a year to try to get a decent hand dealt to me every now and then... so when that NEVER seems to happen, then I wonder what I'm payin' for... :unsure:
You should take that $800 and invest it in the Vanguard S&P 500 mutual fund or ETF. You will be much better off in the long run. Right now you get nothing for your $800.