Who is going to save us?

btdtret

Guin et al -- "A source from another site that claims to have attended a meeting with Stutts is claiming that the PMG signed the new contract sometime late last week -no idea why it hasnt been announced yet.."

-- It should be obvious -- the PMG mailed in to NRLCA HQ and it is still in the mail stream -- probably on the west coast by now because the barcode was placed around a corner of the package.

"also that we took a massive beating in pay, whatever that means."

-- Just continuing "past practice" of contract negotiations.

"Take this with a grain of salt."

-- Maybe a salt shaker would be more appropriate.

Morty

The huge contractors are buying up routes. 1 outfit bought up all the open routes in our district. All for a ridiculously high price just 1k short of being over the limit (coincidence?) They pay $13/hr, provide a vehicle. They are the testing grounds. I suspect this is our future.

Surprise!

The huge contractors are buying up routes. 1 outfit bought up all the open routes in our district. All for a ridiculously high price just 1k short of being over the limit (coincidence?) They pay $13/hr, provide a vehicle. They are the testing grounds. I suspect this is our future.
Do you have more information?
Are you writing specifically about Highway Contract Routes? Are any of these Rural Routes that have been converted over?

If memory serves it is possible to change Highway Contract Routes and Rural Routes toward the less expensive mode of delivery.

It is also reasonable to operate on the assumption that these large contractors expect to make their money back and more on the back end.

inthesticks

Who is going to save us? We as a collective group should. If you have to asked to be saved you are not worth saving. In my opinion.

If you see smoke but refuse to grab the fire extinguisher, why should anyone feel guilty for your inaction when it mattered? The easiest thing in the world is to blame a higher authority without taking personal responsibility.

What’s the point in union if you refuse to be apart of it. If all you do is pay dues to the machine without ever standing up for yourself why did you ever start paying dues?

People sit here with keyboards in this hands acting as if these words are actions to change the state of our jobs..... Our words are more powerful than any of you will ever realize. But for them to have value we must practice what we preach day in and day out.

John F Kennedy always had words that stood apart from the rest and filtered into just more than the topic he spoke about. These speak loud to why being involved is important.

‘But why, some say, the Moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the Moon!We choose to go to the Moon...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too’

DB.Cooper

Maybe if we go to the Moon, maybe there we can find and get a look at this next contract... sure haven't been able to get a look at it here on good ole planet Earth... I know, I'm living in some alternate universe... :unsure:

RDruckus

Who is going to save us? We as a collective group should. If you have to asked to be saved you are not worth saving. In my opinion.

If you see smoke but refuse to grab the fire extinguisher, why should anyone feel guilty for your inaction when it mattered? The easiest thing in the world is to blame a higher authority without taking personal responsibility.

What’s the point in union if you refuse to be apart of it. If all you do is pay dues to the machine without ever standing up for yourself why did you ever start paying dues?

People sit here with keyboards in this hands acting as if these words are actions to change the state of our jobs..... Our words are more powerful than any of you will ever realize. But for them to have value we must practice what we preach day in and day out.

John F Kennedy always had words that stood apart from the rest and filtered into just more than the topic he spoke about. These speak loud to why being involved is important.

‘But why, some say, the Moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the Moon!We choose to go to the Moon...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too’

I'm trying something new, putting words on paper and mailing them out. I started with Arbitrator Clarke, will be adding 2 Senators,1 Representative, 1 Vice President, 1 or two Presidents, and maybe some majority or minority leaders. Then, I have a committee to start on.

I got to handle parts of the space suits before the moon landings, saw how the heating and cooling worked. I also met 5 or 6 astronauts at a Company party when they noticed me hiding behind my mother. Thanks for the memories, inthesticks!

Jmdw52

I’m really thinking we should all simply stop delivering amazon until the postage they pay is printed on the box! We are supposed to serve the public after all.... people should know how bad things are.

RDruckus

People to the moon, various Rovers to Mars.

(This post was a response to a question that was deleted.)

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

I'm trying something new, putting words on paper and mailing them out. I started with Arbitrator Clarke, will be adding 2 Senators,1 Representative, 1 Vice President, 1 or two Presidents, and maybe some majority or minority leaders. Then, I have a committee to start on.

I got to handle parts of the space suits before the moon landings, saw how the heating and cooling worked. I also met 5 or 6 astronauts at a Company party when they noticed me hiding behind my mother. Thanks for the memories, inthesticks!
I've thought of that before... get someone who is well-spoken (written)... to craft up some really hard-hitting letters for rurals to mail out to their congress critters... maybe even the union dead-weights...

Whomever this person is... they could post the letters in a thread here, and peeps could just print them off and mail them, or maybe even email them...

Ahem... do we know anybody like that RDruckus??? :unsure:

Morty

Fun thread lol. Im a man of action, but no matter what i do, i can't make others stand up against the tyrants.

But i can be a shining example, and the fanfare i recieved by 40+ members at our meeting is proof enough. Stand up and slay your dragon, even if it cost you your job(which i believe will be soon for me)

DB.Cooper

Fun thread lol. Im a man of action, but no matter what i do, i can't make others stand up against the tyrants.

But i can be a shining example, and the fanfare i recieved by 40+ members at our meeting is proof enough. Stand up and slay your dragon, even if it cost you your job(which i believe will be soon for me)
Morty, did you read my 3 step grievance summary... you're now at Step # 3, where they're wreaking some revenge and payback for those who dared to file the grievances... who said that wasn't right??? :unsure:

Morty

I must've missed it. Ive plenty of step3 shot down...or a stalemate. I neither get paid nor am required to follow the order. I do however have one at step 4. That'll be glorious if i win, but not holding my breathe tho.

DB.Cooper

I must've missed it. Ive plenty of step3 shot down...or a stalemate. I neither get paid nor am required to follow the order. I do however have one at step 4. That'll be glorious if i win, but not holding my breathe tho.
For anybody who has forgotten my summary of the grievance system, I'll recap it for you here...

1) Wrong the MANY...
2) Settle with the FEW that will ever file...
3) Then reap some vengeance and retaliation on those that did file, just to send a message to anybody else who might be thinking about it...

And that's it in a nutshell... 🐿