• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Why can't Amazon arrive presorted

fable

For the life of me, I can't understand why we have the capability to sort by city and office, have route numbers ON THE BOX, yet the Amazon can't show up on presorted palettes. This would save so many hours and so much money...just drop off Route 4 palettes behind my van please. Wow. Look. Two hours saved.

Not just Amazon and not just packages. I was thinking about this on the route today. All mail should be able to run thru machines. Even box holders. That's what the machines are for. We should deliver mail with three pulls, DPS, FSS, and about ten to fifteen loose letters. The post office needs to embrace technology. We should be in vehicles that get better then five miles a gallon. We should come in, pull loose letters that should be no more then twelve letters, pull our presorted packages, put them in order and go. I know it's never going to happen. I know we hate the word privatization but that hated word may be the only thing that saves the post office. Before I get the angry words about the P word remember this, UPS workers make way more than we do and I think I've heard so does FedEx. Give it time and I think Amazon will too.

Not just Amazon and not just packages. I was thinking about this on the route today. All mail should be able to run thru machines. Even box holders. That's what the machines are for. We should deliver mail with three pulls, DPS, FSS, and about ten to fifteen loose letters. The post office needs to embrace technology. We should be in vehicles that get better then five miles a gallon. We should come in, pull loose letters that should be no more then twelve letters, pull our presorted packages, put them in order and go. I know it's never going to happen. I know we hate the word privatization but that hated word may be the only thing that saves the post office. Before I get the angry words about the P word remember this, UPS workers make way more than we do and I think I've heard so does FedEx. Give it time and I think Amazon will too.

In many places, I think FSS machines cannot be used because of not enough flats. To many ppl using ones own vehicle to work 2 bundles safely. The DPS machines suck because they cannot run some of the cheap flimsy post cards among other problems.

Some good ideas to logical to work !!

For the life of me, I can't understand why we have the capability to sort by city and office, have route numbers ON THE BOX, yet the Amazon can't show up on presorted palettes. This would save so many hours and so much money...just drop off Route 4 palettes behind my van please. Wow. Look. Two hours saved.
And rurals can now scan their own arrivals! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Actually not a bad idea. Or even like this. Say they put all of route 1 & route 2 packages on pallet to scan instead of everyone. Would be a lot more efficient for us.

Much cheaper for postal workers to do it. Clerks sorting them cause city carriers to have 1 to 2 hours of OT a day because everyone is waiting for them to finish. Rural carriers who do wait instead of coming in later, make 10 trips to retrieve parcels for FREE. Rural carriers FREE work keeps the cost down for the PS so they only loose 5 to 10 Billion each year instead of 10 to 20 Billion LOL Anyway the point being if Amazon had to sort them, it would add workers which would cost them much more than the PS is paid to handle the damn things.

PS should have made the rule if a route gets over 10 of the parcel select parcels, they must come sorted by route so clerks could scan the parcels at the case instead of THROWING them 50 feet into the wrong hampers.

Back