• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Will rural side look at what the city side is wanting for contract?

We might get something similar but highly doubt it. We still don’t have PTF after 2 years that city got last contract. Might see that one this contract I hope so at least. It all comes down to how the arbitration goes and when if we ratify contract before arbitration is done for city.

Well, if they are going to look at it, they should learn from it and use it as a template and the final product based upon that posted list would look like this ;

1 ) Beginning wage raised $ 7.00 to $ 10.00.
2) One wage table --the one that already exists--not "resembling" anything. Rural Table One.
3) After 18 months of service which is to include probationary service , employee will be converted to
career status.
4) No rural craft employee , regardless of designation, will be required to work more than 12 hours in a day and no more than 60 hours in a workweek regardless of route classification. With regard to career designation employees and non career craft employees serving as the regular carrier in the absence of
the regular carrier , all standard hours and minutes served on a route(s) upon which the evaluation of the route(s) are in excess of 57.36 will be INCLUDED in the compensation at the overtime rate regardless of the actual time served.
5) No expansion of the RDWL.

Wages ARE and have long been WAY behind. All we would be doing by expanding the RDWL as well as compensating at time and a half for the "beyond 12/60" is playing into The USPS' hand and allowing them to continue to NOT HIRE. On overburdened routes, the pay stops at 48 hours / 57.36 standard hours. No more free work. The argument has been quite for successful for The USPS with their " paid for time not worked" so why not use that same argument for our gain and make it " NOT PAID for time worked when even THEIR bogus numbers do not jive up. Example 65 hour route and the compensation stops at 48 hours. No more punishing efficient carriers by working under evaluated time as well as punishing carriers for working severely overburdened routes where a substantial amount of that time is NOT compensated ( pay stops at 48 ) AND allowing The USPS to drag their feet by NOT adjusting said routes.

With gains made by UPS/TEAMSTERS and others recently.... USPS should be a little nervous about the NALC arbitration.... js.... NALC is not NRLCA.... they say they know how to fight and win at arbitration.... they should be settled before us.... their outcome should help guide ours.... :unsure: πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‰πŸ§

"...One wage table, closely resembling Table 2...."

OMG... 😲

I've said all along.... USPS will be all for getting rid of the 2-tiered system, and put EVERYBODY on Table 2.... looks like I was very clairvoyant....

Hey @Morty ..... how great is this???? :unsure:πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‰πŸ˜²πŸ€£
Yep !!! That's for sure. I know OUR transmission only works in one gear and that gear is reverse. Our union, our craft, management, etc. is so brainwashed that they ALL actually believe that we must lose each and every time. The ONLY question is just how much we are going to lose.

Yep !!! That's for sure. I know OUR transmission only works in one gear and that gear is reverse. Our union, our craft, management, etc. is so brainwashed that they ALL actually believe that we must lose each and every time. The ONLY question is just how much we are going to lose.
Trouble is.... NALC Table 2 is MUCH closer to Table 1 now, and has always been, since 2012.... both hit the SAME top pay in a little over 12 years, and their Steps narrow all the way from bottom to top.... if NRLCA agrees to moving all Table 1ers to Table 2, that'll be a royal screw job on Table 1ers.... I guess if you're already at Top Pay, then maybe it'll be no big deal.... we still have old timey RCAs that were scheduled to go to Table 1, so they'll get the major screw as well.... it'll be interesting tho.... as usual, hold on to your wallets as they're likely to get lightened up some... :unsure: πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‰πŸ‘Ž:poop::oops:

neciat et al -- " Our union, our craft, management, etc. is so brainwashed that they ALL actually believe that we must lose each and every time. The ONLY question is just how much we are going to lose."

-- Safe to say negotiations / arbitration will not be pretty as Past President Stutts mentioned that the NRLCA has nothing left to give. ( or words to that effect )

OMG... 😲

I've said all along.... USPS will be all for getting rid of the 2-tiered system, and put EVERYBODY on Table 2.... looks like I was very clairvoyant....

What percent of carriers are Table 1 still? Most will retire in the next few years. Not breaking news from the NALC.

OMG... 😲

When they say closer to table 2 they are talking about the step increases. Instead of the weird way table 1 does it they want it to be like table 2. Every 52 weeks.

Nothing like 15 years to reach...

You know, the whole point in the steps in every single union on the planet, when you reach top step, you are a full fledged whatever.

...so we agree to 15 years before we become real rural mail carriers?

How many years for UPS? 4. Brain surgeon? Probably half of 15 years. Rocket scientist? Nuclear engineer? Boilermaker? Why are we at 15 years? I can understand when the system was created in 1902, at the end you got 100% pension, 100% Healthcare for life. But that ain't the case, so why 15 years?

What percent of carriers are Table 1 still? Most will retire in the next few years. Not breaking news from the NALC.
Believe it or not.... out in the boondocks, we still have Table 3 RCA's that thought they would be on Table 1 when the finally make Reg.... we got a new Table 1 Step A Reg, and at least 2 Table 3 RCAs.... on a nationwide basis, it is hard to say what the numbers are.... :unsure: πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‰πŸ§

Nothing like 15 years to reach...

You know, the whole point in the steps in every single union on the planet, when you reach top step, you are a full fledged whatever.

...so we agree to 15 years before we become real rural mail carriers?

How many years for UPS? 4. Brain surgeon? Probably half of 15 years. Rocket scientist? Nuclear engineer? Boilermaker? Why are we at 15 years? I can understand when the system was created in 1902, at the end you got 100% pension, 100% Healthcare for life. But that ain't the case, so why 15 years?
NALC hit's top pay in a little over 12 years on BOTH Table 1 & 2.... big diff from NRLCA.... :unsure:πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‰:oops:

When they say closer to table 2 they are talking about the step increases. Instead of the weird way table 1 does it they want it to be like table 2. Every 52 weeks.
Table 1 hits top pay in a little over 12 years.... longer for table 2 to hit step 15.... it's a loss if this happens.... :unsure:πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‰πŸ§

Back