will the PO roll the dice

jtcrapper

Best answers
78% under Evaluation do you think the mother ship calls a national count it is starting to look like it in our office the folks in charge are wanting all red books up dated faster than once a month it has been 2 weeks we need them in by Wednesday

Voglio-il mio

Best answers
78% under Evaluation do you think the mother ship calls a national count it is starting to look like it in our office the folks in charge are wanting all red books up dated faster than once a month it has been 2 weeks we need them in by Wednesday
An accurate updated Edit Book is also an important step that precedes the Mapping process so it could also be that!

curious

Best answers
I am concerned about the data being tracked for "wrecks" supposedly having started back in Feb...I have a large complex and 2 small ones that I haven't been able to go inside to deliver to because of the virus, it's the same amount of mail but doesn't take as long to deliver to because of it and not sure how that's going to go...

Longtimer

Best answers
If management is going to call a National Count, they have about three weeks to do it. Estimate they would have to call it by August 17 to meet the 30 day advance notice to the union that is required.

Deer smearer

Best answers
If management is going to call a National Count, they have about three weeks to do it. Estimate they would have to call it by August 17 to meet the 30 day advance notice to the union that is required.
If they meet the 30 day deadline how long will it take the NRLCA to inform us?

Voglio-il mio

Best answers
I am concerned about the data being tracked for "wrecks" supposedly having started back in Feb...I have a large complex and 2 small ones that I haven't been able to go inside to deliver to because of the virus, it's the same amount of mail but doesn't take as long to deliver to because of it and not sure how that's going to go...
You will be getting credit for all the mail & package volume that you handle at the Post Office you will just not be getting credit for the delivery to or the scanning at this delivery point if they are not accepting mail at those locations. We have situations like that also, customers (businesses) have requested us to place mail on hold and they will come get it. Its definitely not the best time to have data collected for RRECS.

Last edited:

Oi veh.

Staff member
Best answers
If they meet the 30 day deadline how long will it take the NRLCA to inform us?
I thought the Postal Service almost always informed the NRLCA of a mail count at the last possible time.
Last year, the PMG was asked during convention. Memory serves, the union put out notice straightaway.

Or maybe someone leaked it:

curious

Best answers
You will be getting credit for all the mail & package volume that you handle at the Post Office you will just not be getting credit for the delivery to or the scanning at this delivery point if they are not accepting mail at those locations. We have situations like that also, customers (businesses) have requested us to place mail on hold and they will come get it. Its definitely not the best time to have data collected for RRECS.
We take it and leave with them at the doors....so instead of 335 nbcu boxes I'll have 3 stops....might be time to bid on another route even thou I have been on this one for 14yrs

Last edited:

Edge

Best answers
We can haul ass when we need to and in my office everyone races to get finished because of the heat and high parcel volume. So even with 400 parcels and regular mail we have carriers under eval due to their skill and speed, not because volume is low. It’s actually amazing when you step back. Sure they are killing themselves slowly at this pace but that is another issue.

too many yrs left

Best answers
I'd be curious to see who they get to count mail. Our supervisors are so overworked already. And I honestly didn't mean that sarcastically. I think they both usually work at least 10 hours a day. And in that 10 hours they have yet to do red books, 4003's, DPS holdouts, or any of the other things that could actually benefit carriers. Counts are hassle enough most years but this count will require them to triple or quadruple the number of pkgs. they have to count???? Will be a lot of fun......

Rt2mailman

Best answers
There is no way anyone in their right mind in USPS management would count with the volume we are currently receiving.
That being said, we will probably count due to upper USPS managers NOT BEING IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS. These are the same people that made the contract with Amazon that put us onto this mess. They clearly are NOT SANE.

DB.Cooper

Best answers
There is no way anyone in their right mind in USPS management would count with the volume we are currently receiving.
That being said, we will probably count due to upper USPS managers NOT BEING IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS. These are the same people that made the contract with Amazon that put us onto this mess. They clearly are NOT SANE.
Haven't heard from you in a while.... was thinking maybe the plague did you in.... the Amazon plague.... :ROFLMAO: