• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Working Holiday

ruralcarrier07

I was informed today that I would need to come in to work tomorrow, Wednesday. However, tomorrow is my holiday since my off-day is on Thursday. How is this handled? I have been assured since last week that they would not need me but now things have changed. Not enough subs. Have would I be paid for this and are there any other rules I need to know governing a situation like this? Thank you.

I was informed today that I would need to come in to work tomorrow, Wednesday. However, tomorrow is my holiday since my off-day is on Thursday. How is this handled? I have been assured since last week that they would not need me but now things have changed. Not enough subs. Have would I be paid for this and are there any other rules I need to know governing a situation like this? Thank you.
You will get normal daily rate for working. You will also get daily rate for the Holiday.
"A regular rural carrier required to work on a designated holiday shall receive the daily rate of pay for such day in addition to holiday leave pay to which the employee is entitled."

You will get normal daily rate for working. You will also get daily rate for the Holiday.
"A regular rural carrier required to work on a designated holiday shall receive the daily rate of pay for such day in addition to holiday leave pay to which the employee is entitled."
Sounds great. Working 5 days and receiving an extra day of pay for the holiday. I don't mind working. I just want my pay to be right. Thank you for your help

Sounds great. Working 5 days and receiving an extra day of pay for the holiday. I don't mind working. I just want my pay to be right. Thank you for your help
The DACA code for working your Holiday is “V”. That gets you paid for the Holiday & for working. If you were off then you’d note an “H”.

Back