• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Yet another POV scheduling question....

Blondie13

So lately management at my office has been scheduling carriers without POVs on POV routes forcing them to call out excessively (which is great for me because I actually have a POV)....
But they've been keeping me off the schedule and then basically using me on an on-call basis except my primary route (which is sort of annoying, but whatever.)
Yesterday evening before I left, I asked the supervisor if I should expect to get a call tomorrow (this morning)... she looked at the schedule and saw we had a vacant POV route and said YES, DEFINITELY.
So this morning, I get up, get ready and get to the office at 7:30AM expecting to get a call.
8:00AM rolls around and I still haven't heard anything, so I call into the office and ask if they need me. The fill-in station manager says no, all routes are covered.
So I text around and find out who's on the open POV route.... who happens to be a carrier with no POV.
I text her, and basically ask her if she actually had a POV, and in short her response was "no a city carrier is coming back early today so I'm going to take an LLV and give everyone else a loop off of it."
Aaaaand meanwhile I'm sitting around at home with a functional POV not working.
Do you guys think I have a case for a grievance here?
I'd also like to note that management here has taken me off the schedule entirely if my POV needed repairs, and I haven't had a full paycheck in a month and half after the last debacle where they kept me out of work for 3 weeks so I'm getting a little stingy with my hours.
Any input would be much appreciated :))

Blondie13 -- "Yesterday evening before I left, I asked the supervisor if I should expect to get a call tomorrow (this morning)... she looked at the schedule and saw we had a vacant POV route and said YES, DEFINITELY.
So this morning, I get up, get ready and get to the office at 7:30AM expecting to get a call.
8:00AM rolls around and I still haven't heard anything, so I call into the office and ask if they need me. The fill-in station manager says no, all routes are covered. "

-- Hopefully there was someone nearby when told to expect a phone call the next day.

-- Next time take a picture of the schedule and note the time. Preferably with the PM or supervisor holding the schedule.

-- Might as well request 8127 or 1314-A pay for "being on call" the next day.

-- At a minimum the PM should have called to say the route was covered.

-- If the carrier who did the route is below you on the Matrix, smile and file. If successful, you could get paid for the work the other carrier did.

-- Keep your Assistant District Representative up to speed on the office developments while you keep documenting.

Blondie13 -- "Yesterday evening before I left, I asked the supervisor if I should expect to get a call tomorrow (this morning)... she looked at the schedule and saw we had a vacant POV route and said YES, DEFINITELY.
8:00AM rolls around and I still haven't heard anything, so I call into the office and ask if they need me. The fill-in station manager says no, all routes are covered. "

-- Hopefully there was someone nearby when told to expect a phone call the next day.

-- Next time take a picture of the schedule and note the time. Preferably with the PM or supervisor holding the schedule.

-- Might as well request 8127 or 1314-A pay for "being on call" the next day.

-- At a minimum the PM should have called to say the route was covered.

-- If the carrier who did the route is below you on the Matrix, smile and file. If successful, you could get paid for the work the other carrier did.

-- Keep your Assistant District Representative up to speed on the office developments while you keep documenting.

If successful, you could get paid for the work the other carrier did.

So update: they called me in at 1:00 to carry the route cause they realized she was waiting for a POV... and then they decided to split it between the two of us (with her still waiting for a city POV). I got paid the entire evaluation/EMA though ?

The problem with the POV routes in my office is that NOBODY has them on their matrix. Everyone goes for the LLV routes first so they scoot around the whole POV thing...
Out of 6 POV routes, and two aux. POV routes:
-one person is holding down a POV route for a carrier who may or may not be coming back from medical leave
-the two aux routes are being held down
-I just bid onto one of the POV routes to make it my primary as a sub
And the rest are just sort of on their own
So I think management gets confused when it comes to scheduling on them haha

Blondie13 -- "(with her still waiting for a city POV) "

-- Guess the "POV" reference was a slip of the fingers on the keyboard as the city side does not use POV's.

"The problem with the POV routes in my office is that NOBODY has them on their matrix."

-- Sounds like a good topic to write up a resolution to send up the chain to NRLCA HQ. "Denote POV routes on the Matrix".

Anytime a POV route needs coverage that coverage comes from the matrix. Whenever a carrier is knowledgeable or is trained on a route they are called in order of seniority. If that RCA does not have a POV for a POV route that RCA is not available. The manager must then go to the next trained or senior RCA with a POV that can run that route. To do otherwise, in your case, would be giving work to other RCA's who are not properly equipped to run the route and therefore is grievable by you for the entire evaluation and mileage of that route.

So update: they called me in at 1:00 to carry the route cause they realized she was waiting for a POV... and then they decided to split it between the two of us (with her still waiting for a city POV). I got paid the entire evaluation/EMA though ?

The problem with the POV routes in my office is that NOBODY has them on their matrix. Everyone goes for the LLV routes first so they scoot around the whole POV thing...
Out of 6 POV routes, and two aux. POV routes:
-one person is holding down a POV route for a carrier who may or may not be coming back from medical leave
-the two aux routes are being held down
-I just bid onto one of the POV routes to make it my primary as a sub
And the rest are just sort of on their own
So I think management gets confused when it comes to scheduling on them haha
You've been sorta quiet lately.... just wondering if you got all you mngt craziness issues resolved.... :unsure:

Back