Your Amazon Hub Station. If you have one, did something change this week?

Voglio-il mio

Very, very, interesting in my area. All I will say for now. Anyone else see changes at theirs?

Please explain that statement! Keeping it to yourself serves no purpose, this boards is here to share information as well as assist fellow craft members in the ability to deal with and react to issues with the rural mail deliveries services through shared communications with & for other carriers.

D

Deleted member

How can I say it if it is only my area? All those bosses reading this place...

If the change was widespread, surely someone else on here saw it too.

Itstillfun

How can I say it if it is only my area? All those bosses reading this place...

If the change was widespread, surely someone else on here saw it too.
You are wise beyond your years. How about bring your dog to work day. I got patience and respect your feelings of vulnerability. Lots of guest eyes. Some looking for a raise I'm sure. I'll stay tuned. Thanks for the tease gets my mind moving.

D

Deleted member

You are wise beyond your years. How about bring your dog to work day. I got patience and respect your feelings of vulnerability. Lots of guest eyes. Some looking for a raise I'm sure. I'll stay tuned. Thanks for the tease gets my mind moving.
Many people who saw it today might not have come on here today, yet. It looks like my area could be unique, so far. I'll stay tuned too.

junkchucker

Yes. Amazon started delivering some of their own stuff (FINALLY) where I deliver. Started about 5-6 weeks ago. There’s a new facility near us and last week they were supposedly working out the logistical bugs. We got Amazon last Monday, but not much. The rest of the week we got next to nothing. Each route might’ve gotten 2-5 boxes a day. It was like heaven. Averaged about 120 scans those days, back so early I’m not even gonna say for fear of pissing off those of you still getting slammed with it. One pallet was dropped today for Sunday delivery, very light for our office. Word is, once they work out some logistics (probably gonna figure out the worst delivery points and continue to pawn them off on us) they will be back dropping at our office. But it won’t be what it used to be, which was 4-6 pallets a day for a 6 route office. Eventually they will disappear altogether, which will be good for my health and bad for my wallet.

Itstillfun

Yes. Amazon started delivering some of their own stuff (FINALLY) where I deliver. Started about 5-6 weeks ago. There’s a new facility near us and last week they were supposedly working out the logistical bugs. We got Amazon last Monday, but not much. The rest of the week we got next to nothing. Each route might’ve gotten 2-5 boxes a day. It was like heaven. Averaged about 120 scans those days, back so early I’m not even gonna say for fear of pissing off those of you still getting slammed with it. One pallet was dropped today for Sunday delivery, very light for our office. Word is, once they work out some logistics (probably gonna figure out the worst delivery points and continue to pawn them off on us) they will be back dropping at our office. But it won’t be what it used to be, which was 4-6 pallets a day for a 6 route office. Eventually they will disappear altogether, which will be good for my health and bad for my wallet.
Let the breadcrumbs resume. After the election stuff gets cleared out.

D

Deleted member

You said there is a new Amazon facility near you. Generally speaking, how far is near? I saw what I saw but I am wondering if the answer I got for why was the truth. Amazon doing their own delivery was not in the answer of why. I don't know how Amazon coming to our area could be a reason for USPS to lie but it is the USPS. I'm not sure how it could be covered up for so long either.

Big thing that has me wondering is that one of the friendly Sup's at the Hub told me about a month ago that everything will change when Amazon goes away. Wouldn't elaborate. Now today.

junkchucker

You said there is a new Amazon facility near you. Generally speaking, how far is near? I saw what I saw but I am wondering if the answer I got for why was the truth. Amazon doing their own delivery was not in the answer of why. I don't know how Amazon coming to our area could be a reason for USPS to lie but it is the USPS. I'm not sure how it could be covered up for so long either.

Big thing that has me wondering is that one of the friendly Sup's at the Hub told me about a month ago that everything will change when Amazon goes away. Wouldn't elaborate. Now today.
I’d say 7 or 8 miles away. Previous closest one was probably 25 miles away. You say you were told everything will change, I wonder what that could be. They can’t spring an unauthorized count on us. Also wondering what happened in your office that’s got your feathers ruffled. 🤔

gotstamps

At this time, there is no Hub-Spoke setup for Sundays & Holidays. They should have already decoupled & will remain as such until mid-January.
I haven’t heard of any other changes from any of the subs but they usually hold info until Monday when I’m at the office.

D

Deleted member

I’d say 7 or 8 miles away. Previous closest one was probably 25 miles away. You say you were told everything will change, I wonder what that could be. They can’t spring an unauthorized count on us. Also wondering what happened in your office that’s got your feathers ruffled. 🤔
Ok, you are way closer to one than us.

Morty

In my area, there are no longer spokes. If you're within 50 miles of a hub and a sub. You are on the list, don't matter what office you're in. That's all that's happened here.

psd181

They started right before Christmas overtime period in our area. After 1/1, they quit. It's amazing how when rural carriers might actually get paid for the work we do, they figure out how to .... us.

Rt2mailman

Yes, Boxholder, something "different" happened in our office also, I'm wondering if it happened in your office as it did in mine.
A second or third (can't really remember) Amazon truck came and many of us were out on a "smoke" break.
Somehow, before the truck was able to back up to the dock door, it started rocking back and forth and over turned, probably a local earthquake, all of us on break "felt" it. The driver didn't speak English so the police couldn't get the story out of him. None of us saw a thing, and nobody knew how that driver ended up blindfolded, tied to his rear wheel, and turning around in circles when the police got there either.
Did the same thing happen in your office?