Your route after Amazon left

mwellis32

How are you routes doing after Amazon has pulled out of your office? Wonder if mail counts reflected any change during Amazon and after? Pay before, during and after Amazon?

Surf

We have waaaay less pkgs now! No Wal Mart or FedEx either. All 3 WERE included in our previous count, thus we are being paid the same.

Old Fart

We've been Amazon supplement offices for perhaps 2 years or more, and we still have Walmart, Target, UPS, FedEx last mile. Parcels typically are about double the evaluations of four years ago, routes average perhaps an hour over evaluated, one trip per route LLV except rare instances. Evaluations were without Amazon, as we only had full bore Amazon for perhaps a year and a half. Their plan in our area from the start was direct delivery because of the higher demographics and high population density. Eight Amazon distribution warehouses within 25 miles of our offices. They deliver in the big "bread trucks" to anything they can rent with wheels.

FrozenToes

We've been Amazon supplement offices for perhaps 2 years or more, and we still have Walmart, Target, UPS, FedEx last mile. Parcels typically are about double the evaluations of four years ago, routes average perhaps an hour over evaluated, one trip per route LLV except rare instances. Evaluations were without Amazon, as we only had full bore Amazon for perhaps a year and a half. Their plan in our area from the start was direct delivery because of the higher demographics and high population density. Eight Amazon distribution warehouses within 25 miles of our offices. They deliver in the big "bread trucks" to anything they can rent with wheels.
Did you have Amazon for 2018 count?

FrozenToes

How are you routes doing after Amazon has pulled out of your office? Wonder if mail counts reflected any change during Amazon and after? Pay before, during and after Amazon?
Counted 2018 w/Amazon. Avg.130+ a day. Route overburdened. Cut 5.5 hours.
46K after cut.
Covid. Avg. 250+ a day ( See above, had given up 5.5 hours)
Beginning of Fall, Amazon and Fedex start doing own delivery. Still get pallets of Amazon dropped off.
Now Avg. 150-180 day. Other than Tuesday, Tuesday might break 100. ( Again after giving up 5.5 hours)
Get under evaluation regularly. Sub does too.

Last edited:

PTG

Was counted with Amazon and route went from 43J to 44K. Amazon left so did Fed Ex.. without counting what’s been going on during the pandemic, meaning we are getting more packages, route would take a pretty significant hit if there was a count. When they left I went from 130-150 a day down to just around a 100 scans a day. Hope that answers your question

PastOThirty

Amazon delivery in our area started about a year ago. And for about a month, volumes (both quantities and a measure of space), decreased as they ramped up. But, heading into Christmas, it was back to just slightly less than the previous Christmas, and that is mostly because our end of the package flow (postal branded/routed/handled at all stages), stagnated at the distribution centers because of COVID. If our sortation had been operating at capacity, we would have likely crushed last years crushing records.

our routes did get counted with Amazon, but when we were counted, fedups was running overtime during count, so we only got a small trickle. It is absolutely disgusting.

gettingcloser

Lost most of Amazon fall of last year. It has been great! Was counted a few years ago with BUT not nearly the volume we were getting. We seem to get bigger parcels now but way less volume. Pickup in Walmart orders but not too bad. Usually under eval now more days than not.

Surf

So are you over or under evaluation now? If under, by how much?

I still think I'd be ok if we had a count right now. I don't think I'd have much of a change. I've added a bit over 50 boxes since the last count, so that would make up for some of the loss of packages. So, to answer your question: Neither.

Old Fart

Did you have Amazon for 2018 count?

I still think I'd be ok if we had a count right now. I don't think I'd have much of a change. I've added a bit over 50 boxes since the last count, so that would make up for some of the loss of packages. So, to answer your question: Neither.
So your route has expanded by stops and boxes due to growth, and that's why a count might be ok for you. Others in your office, however, who haven't had any growth, would lose significantly with a count.

Old Fart

Lost most of Amazon fall of last year. It has been great! Was counted a few years ago with BUT not nearly the volume we were getting. We seem to get bigger parcels now but way less volume. Pickup in Walmart orders but not too bad. Usually under eval now more days than not.
So a count would hurt you big time.

Old Fart

So, those with Amazon are clearly over evaluation but those without Amazon are typically under evaluation. So maybe the GAO figures aren't too far out of the question? Wonder what percentage of routes have full burden Amazon, which ones are supplemental. Take Covid out of the equation, and you're left with or without Amazon, plus whatever else your office delivers. Maybe the pain is very selective?

Guin

My office lost Amazon a little before Thanksgiving, current package levels have been slightly higher than with Amazon prior to the pandemic. I know I'll probably regret saying this in the future but SO HAPPY we lost Amazon. It was destroying us.

gerl2

Packages don't make for much time on our current count, it would take 100 packages to increase 33 minutes. Just saying this is way off balance, Prime is in our area for a while we would still get Amazon between our mail stream or UPS, we saw some Amazon through Christmas but not lately. FedEx has left beside them leaving our look-alike packages everywhere besides the porch(I wonder if FedEx thinks they are delivering our packages?) So the only one left to get their big panties on is UPS. I am still averaging 80 to 150 packages, last mail count 2018 average was 62.