• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Can RCA's do this?

Sandygirl

Saturday and all RCA's on deck, except one RCA who had reason to be out. Auxie from RMPO (Senior Sub) is covering for that RCA. She is on rt 10, but asks her friend whose primary route is rt 14 if they can switch? The friend (rt 14) gives up her primary for the day to her friend. Is this ok? Is this something they can decide amongst themselves? Will the Regular carrier have a problem with the switcheroo if she finds out? What say Ye?

Sandygirl -- This is two RCA's switching scheduled routes, right?

-- Any one in manglement aware of the RCA's switching routes?

-- Unless the routes have the same evaluation, someone will be shorted on the pay stub -- if manglement enters the correct information.

-- The switch would have been made long before the regular finds out either by someone telling of the switch or possible mis-deliveries could make the regular wonder why?

-- If the RCA's signed the 4240's on the day of the switch, that might get the regular's attention.

Sandygirl -- This is two RCA's switching scheduled routes, right?

-- Any one in manglement aware of the RCA's switching routes?

-- Unless the routes have the same evaluation, someone will be shorted on the pay stub -- if manglement enters the correct information.

-- The switch would have been made long before the regular finds out either by someone telling of the switch or possible mis-deliveries could make the regular wonder why?

-- If the RCA's signed the 4240's on the day of the switch, that might get the regular's attention.
yes both are RCA's and no management their that day just PSE, they have different evaluations and I assumed they signed the 4240 correctly...

Either way, the Regular doesn’t have a say in who runs their route. The sub works for the Post Office, not the Regular.
If the RCAs involved & mgmt is fine with switching for the day, it should be okay. It can’t be made a habit & proper documentation must be maintained. No falsifying the 4240s or green cards.

Did it follow the matrix?

The answer is that it was improper, but without someone from craft that was harmed who then speaks up, the practice is a de facto standard. It happened and continues to happen in our and other medium and larger offices all the time.

If the schedule is properly made, it is a miracle. But it is management who must prepare and adjust the schedule for better or worse. They can take suggestions or requests from carriers but are not bound to non/extra/outside/beyond contractual preferences.

If sally switchers wants r244 as her primary, and there is no assigned primary, she should request to fill the assignment.
If nobody took an unassigned route when it became available, it the remains unassigned until it’s filled by a new hire or per Contract. An RCA can only request to be 2nd or 3rd on an unassigned route.

Aside from setting precedence for hours first being scheduled to someone other than the RCA assigned to that route I'd question if they just performed a duty listed in the job description of a supervisor. RCAs don't assign or reassign coverage amongst other things.

It sounds like a one-time thing where nobody feels wronged so I'd probably keep my nose out of it unless there is a habit of improper scheduling going on in the office. If management is being held to stritcly follow the rules because of past practice (and grievance), then employees should be doing the same. They don't want to attract any attention from management.

Agreed, Postal just caused me to take a second look, but I aint making a thing of it in office just wanna to know what my peeps may say about it...…….

Back