• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Forced Sundays

RCA_Randy

Was told by the PM that we are essentially being forced to work Sundays on a rotating schedule. I'm on the non volunteer list but he said it doesn't matter. I hate working 6 days a week, 7 will probably be a deal breaker for me. Thoughts.

Are you Regular Randy now, or still RCA Randy? If the latter, I didn't know there was such a thing as a volunteer list for subs. ?

Having had to endure what you are going through, I feel your pain. It is definitely a screw job. A few things come to mind: how long til you make regular? Could you possibly transfer to another office(That is what I did) . This month marks the end to our contract. Perhaps a new contract(dreaming) will help rcas in one form or another. I know none of this helps but perhaps it provides some possible avenues or hope. Good luck. Btw I'm still stuck on table 2. That sucks. Plus, our union allowed this to happen so there is that. Table 2 and Sunday work for straight time

Last edited:
You can be forced in even if you're on the non-volunteer list. Typically Sunday slots are filled by the volunteer list, then non-volunteers on a rotating basis, though some leeway is given to skip someone if they'll break 40 hours. Most of it's laid out in the MOU S-106 from '16.

Still a great way to sacrifice subs to Jeff Bezos' thirst for more yacht money.

Still RCA. When we first started getting Amazon we signed a sheet to volunteer for Sunday Amazon. I signed the non volunteer list.
That Volunteer Sign-up is supposed to happen biannually with the Relief Day Work List signing. If there are little or no “Yes” peeps, mgmt has no choice but to use the ”No” folks. My Hub is using all Yes & No peeps So there is no way to rotate which may be what mgmt is talking about.

Does anyone remember when our contract said "every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that relief carriers are not scheduled on Sundays"
It was in the contract when Amazon Sunday Deliveries started.
WHO DOES THE UNION ACTUALLY REPRESENT?

Does anyone remember when our contract said "every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that relief carriers are not scheduled on Sundays"
It was in the contract when Amazon Sunday Deliveries started.
WHO DOES THE UNION ACTUALLY REPRESENT?
I believe that's part of the creed for the National Board members, to give away stuff for RCA's in exchange for something for the Regular Carriers. Its the way they negotiate, they will give away something that the USPS is in need for in exchange for something that really doesn't benefit the Regulars!

Back