• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

New RCA performance review.

I never got one and neither did any recent RCA I know; just one on-route safety examination that I was warned ahead of time and only lasted 20-30 boxes and 1 parcel delivery.

I am assuming they only give performance overviews when someone is struggling big time or they want a paper trail to lead to separation of the RCA.

Cow chaser -- welcome to the fray!

"Will supervisor give new RCA a performance overview."

-- It appears to be up to the supervisor as RCA performance overview is not specially addressed in the contract.

-- It is addressed in Section 151.2 ( Performance Appraisal ) of the PO-603, but that applies to carriers over the age of 55 or older, and carriers who have severed continuously for 25 year or more..( probably does not apply to you just yet )

-- However, the Handbook EL-312 ( Employment and Placement ) does mention Performance Evaluations Intervals in Section 584.52 for bargaining employees.

- The supervisor must discuss the employee's performance with the employee at the end of 30 days, and again at the end of 60 days.
- Both should sign PS From 1750 ( Employee Evaluation and/or Performance Report )
- The final evaluation occurs at the end of 80 days and it contains a definitive recommendation regarding whether the employee should be retained or separated. Again, both parties should sign the form.

"If so when is it normally done?"

-- Truthfully seldom, if ever.

-- The only evaluation I ever got was Form 4584 -- Observation of Driving Practices.

-- Besides with all the information being tossed at new hires today, there is little time for a sit-down review.

-- But don't worry, manglement will let you know if your performance is not up to par.

-- However, manglement will probably do little in mentioning ways to help your performance. Rely on your co-workers for suggestions and hints on improving.

-- It is addressed in Section 151.2 ( Performance Appraisal ) of the PO-603, but that applies to carriers over the age of 55 or older, and carriers who have severed continuously for 25 year or more..( probably does not apply to you just yet )

-- The only evaluation I ever got was Form 4584 -- Observation of Driving Practices.

I've never heard of anybody getting a "Performance Appraisal"... neither new peeps, nor old-timers...

I haven't gotten a Driver Observation form in YEARS either... even tho they do observations, because I see them in my rearview mirror...

Back