• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RCA working for Amazon

So... what would be the case if an employee of usps had a spouse or family member who "worked" for amazon... and, by chance, once in a while the usps employee just, out of the goodness of his/her heart, helped their family member and received no compensation from amazon..... Just saying...
someone would say this is unethical treatment to usps....oh really... have you been through a mailcount?

charlie -- "Ethics and USPS hah.. when did they ever meet? "

-- That is what Kipling must have been thinking when he penned: The East is East and the West is West and never the twain shall meet.

-- Or he could have been referring to Mark or Shania.

Another RCA in the office has filed a grivence against troubled RCA.
Like I said troubled RCA has been an issue for awhile. Not just something trivial like working for amazon. This person is toxic.
Well, that will go nowhere.

We cannot file a grievance against another craft employee. And the steward should have informed that RCA of such.

What we CAN do is file against management for disparate treatment and a hostile work environment...

All -- Amazon "relief" may be on the way.

-- An article over at postalmag.com indicated that in the MARCH-APRIL time frame, Amazon carried as much as 45 percent of its own shipments.

-- Others here have posted the number of Amazon parcels have dropped off -- significantly, in some cases. ( probably didn't know - no count this spring )

-- Amazon employee numbers up to 648,000.

They're finally delivering on part of my route, the suburban part.
I would sure love to capture the pay for all the work I did for free.
I fear I'll be back to the old numbers when RRECS has it's parcel days' sample of my eight lightest days.

Easily lost 90% of Amazon in Feb, slight increase of others. I'll probably drop 3 hours from 46K to a 43K if we have a Sep hard count. So be it...hopefully these hours will go to someone out there who got taken last count when their Amazon didn't get counted.

Some of my Amazon volume has abated, but I'm still delivering over 50% more than I got during count on most days.
If I get an honest count (Hahahahaha), my evaluation will go up.

I don't know if the Amazon delivery peeps quit, I haven't seen either of them for a few weeks. I have seen an extra UPS guy.

Be very interesting to see how much is actually given back to the PO from 07/15 and 07/16. Wal Mart and Target as well later that week. My guess is it becomes crazy.

Be very interesting to see how much is actually given back to the PO from 07/15 and 07/16. Wal Mart and Target as well later that week. My guess is it becomes crazy.
And a high percent of the summertime oversize fun stuff no doubt...Little Tyke playscapes, Cosco strollers, Jr pool and foozball tables,...name it...deliver it.

I'm an RCA and travel to a neighboring town for Amazon Sundays. It's a significantly longer commute on Sundays than normal and so I added mileage to my green timecard yesterday. Our postmaster said that we're not entitled to mileage reimbursement on Sundays because this neighboring town is our "amazon hub." Our union rep suggested I file a grievance but wanted to see if you folks had experience with this very scenario.

I'm an RCA and travel to a neighboring town for Amazon Sundays. It's a significantly longer commute on Sundays than normal and so I added mileage to my green timecard yesterday. Our postmaster said that we're not entitled to mileage reimbursement on Sundays because this neighboring town is our "amazon hub." Our union rep suggested I file a grievance but wanted to see if you folks had experience with this very scenario.
I always put mileage for out of norm miles. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. I never filed a grievance because I believe it is wise to pick your battle.

You don't G E T unless you A S K.

Always file for mileage if you travel with postal property, ie, a scanner. Always put down hours if you carry postal property. I know this doesn't apply to this particular situation but I'd always rather ask for forgiveness than permission. If you ask first, of course they will tell you NO.

I was always paid mileage for traveling to a neighbor PO to deliver Amazon on Sundays. I’m fact, it’s one of the reasons I’d agree to go. The first time I was asked to travel to another PO, my PM said “they need help in ___, you’ll be paid mileage, do you want to go”? I wrote my round trip mileage on the green card and circled it then snapped a picture. I receive my mileage pay about once every 3 weeks. Sometimes they’ll pay a portion on my paycheck but I keep track of everything and so far they have yet to screw me out of money?

I was always paid mileage for traveling to a neighbor PO to deliver Amazon on Sundays. I’m fact, it’s one of the reasons I’d agree to go. The first time I was asked to travel to another PO, my PM said “they need help in ___, you’ll be paid mileage, do you want to go”? I wrote my round trip mileage on the green card and circled it then snapped a picture. I receive my mileage pay about once every 3 weeks. Sometimes they’ll pay a portion on my paycheck but I keep track of everything and so far they have yet to screw me out of money?
I too, always received mileage when I worked Amazon sundays at the hub. I live 2 miles from my office, the hub is 12 miles from my house and 10 miles from my home office. I was paid the distance from home office to hub, round trip. 20 miles every Sunday. If I took a llv from home office, no ema, but I was paid from the minute I left the home office til I returned at end of day. Good luck, ask. If denied, file. Should be an easy win.

Back