• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Retiring

What did the 200 days add? An earlier retirement date? Or extra X $'s to your retirement take home?

If take home $ how many more monthly $'s did it add?
Just some extra time...financially it wasn’t worth what my pay would have been had I used it. Like I said tho, I was ready to be done with the place. I didn’t calculate the difference...knew I was leaving $$ on the table?

So let me get this straight, he couldn't take sick leave and be compensated for that time, because there wasn't any relief. But he could retire and not be compensated for that time and the office still didn't have relief. What's wrong with this picture?
There would have been someone there, yes, lol...but my customers would have been suffering a lot longer than they did before my route was bid...I was pretty sure which carrier was moving to my route and she is a good one. I had been on my same route my whole career and really didn’t want it to become a huge mess.
In the end, it probably didn’t matter much as the PO screwed up its entire operation!!
Probably should have taken a few more along the way, but I do enjoy a couple more risky recreations and always felt a little “safer“ with some sick leave in the bank.
My current goal is to live as long as possible and make sure those monthly payments add up!! 7 months into retirement and all that daily stress that comes from dealing with constant stupidity, slackers and idiots is just gone! I call my friends I left there periodically and let them know there is another life coming?

There would have been someone there, yes, lol...but my customers would have been suffering a lot longer than they did before my route was bid...I was pretty sure which carrier was moving to my route and she is a good one. I had been on my same route my whole career and really didn’t want it to become a huge mess.
In the end, it probably didn’t matter much as the PO screwed up its entire operation!!
Probably should have taken a few more along the way, but I do enjoy a couple more risky recreations and always felt a little “safer“ with some sick leave in the bank.
My current goal is to live as long as possible and make sure those monthly payments add up!! 7 months into retirement and all that daily stress that comes from dealing with constant stupidity, slackers and idiots is just gone! I call my friends I left there periodically and let them know there is another life coming?
I respect you and all others like you for your integrity, in fact I would consider doing the same thing, I talk a mean game but could crumble also.

Its a hard reality to adhere to that they are not your customers, they are the customers of the USPS that you perform services for. I hope as I prepare to walk out the door for the last time I will place my concerns ahead of those of the USPS and take advantage of taking care of myself first.

By this I mean to capitalize on all the benefits that have been earned by me before I deliver my last letter! Sick leave is more valuable financially used than it is applied to Retirement time!

Last edited:
Back