• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Saturday leave and Lwop

Oh, they made you put LWOP for Saturdays? If that is case then file grievance because they manipulated the payroll system. Annual and Sick leave has to put entered as DACA for you to get the Saturdays evaluation pay..........
So to correctly request my leave I submit all annual leave from any Saturday to the next? That would be 56 hours total. And its okay to use sick leave or the wounded warrior leave say on Wednesday? This would get me paid for both Saturdays at the charge of 40 hours?

So to correctly request my leave I submit all annual leave from any Saturday to the next? That would be 56 hours total. And its okay to use sick leave or the wounded warrior leave say on Wednesday? This would get me paid for both Saturdays at the charge of 40 hours?
To get free Saturdays you must "have" enough annual/sick leave to cover all 6 days. The exception is with a Holiday you can "have" just 5 plus the holiday.
Without a holiday you show 6 days annual/sick but will only be charged for 5 annual/sick with a holiday you will only be charged 4 annual/sick.
The 4240 and your time card must show annual leave on the Saturday and the leave must be available.
There is no mention of WWL being used but this is from the old contract 2018-2021

You don't get both Saturdays paid only one. My question is does wounded warrior leave count. Say I took Annual for Monday, Tuesday then WWL for Wednesday, and then annual for Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Would my Saturday be free then? For some reason they have me down for LWOP instead of the free Saturday I was expecting to get.
If, like me, you are an H route, you DEFINITELY get both Saturdays as rural free Saturday if you take paid leave for all days in between and have an available leave balance that covers. I have done this on multiple occasions. If you were charged leave in a situation like this, you should contact your union rep immediately.

It is important to note that whoever inputs your leave inputs it as annual/sick. The conversation to Rural Free is automatic. The only times I've had issues with this is when my PM input my leave incorrectly (once as Military LWOP, and once as LWOP).

I cannot, however, provide info on WWL.

Good to know this only been getting screwed for 3 years now not knowing this. I would have used it more to my advantage. One more thing though. Do both Saturdays need to be in the same pay period to get paid for them?

I was told today the Free Saturday you don't get paid for it. You get the day off with no charge. Otherwise they would have to pay me overtime and they are not going to do that. I have been paid in the past for a free Saturday. Am I getting the run around or what? Checked my payroll and I'm being charged LWOP for those Saturday's. Do I get paid overtime then?

Saturday is the first day of the week, if you get overtime it’s because they let you work too long on Friday, The last day of the week.

I was told today the Free Saturday you don't get paid for it. You get the day off with no charge. Otherwise they would have to pay me overtime and they are not going to do that. I have been paid in the past for a free Saturday. Am I getting the run around or what? Checked my payroll and I'm being charged LWOP for those Saturday's. Do I get paid overtime then?
56 hours?

Saturday is the first day of the week, if you get overtime it’s because they let you work too long on Friday, The last day of the week.

you need 6 days of annual or sick and put in the daca codes as such, then you will only be charged 5... only regular carriers no des 79 or 78

If, like me, you are an H route, you DEFINITELY get both Saturdays as rural free Saturday if you take paid leave for all days in between and have an available leave balance that covers. I have done this on multiple occasions. If you were charged leave in a situation like this, you should contact your union rep immediately.

It is important to note that whoever inputs your leave inputs it as annual/sick. The conversation to Rural Free is automatic. The only times I've had issues with this is when my PM input my leave incorrectly (once as Military LWOP, and once as LWOP).

I cannot, however, provide info on WWL.
Okay I submitted AL for July 2 through July 9th. Why am I only getting one Free Saturday? Supervisor says he submitted it as AL, but my paycheck shows LWOP for July 2 and Free Saturday for July 9th.

Okay I submitted AL for July 2 through July 9th. Why am I only getting one Free Saturday? Supervisor says he submitted it as AL, but my paycheck shows LWOP for July 2 and Free Saturday for July 9th.
If it shows LWOP, that’s what the supervisor entered. They’re all morons and/or liars. If you had enough leave to cover the dates, make them fix it.

Back