• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Sunday Hubs N Spokes

I talked to my boss today, asked about our "hub" status, and supposedly the answer he gets is - since we only deliver our own, we only get our own people. We would only get neighboring "spokes" if we received and delivered their zip code as well. Which of course makes sense. So, if we did start taking on more packages for another town, and in turn received help from said office...would it really be a net gain, or a wash, since they'd probably be handling their stuff first and foremost anyway? IDK. I just told him 3 routes a week ain't happening. It's management's issue to provide enough staff. Not mine.
Wrong being forced to help nearby PO here. it Can happen your boss just needs to ask for help first and foremost. They don’t want to pay even the normal mileage rate it’s all about the money. feel for you in a similar situation cept my office rcas are being scheduled (forced) at another PO. Putting us with 3 routes each at home office.

Wrong being forced to help nearby PO here. it Can happen your boss just needs to ask for help first and foremost. They don’t want to pay even the normal mileage rate it’s all about the money. feel for you in a similar situation cept my office rcas are being scheduled (forced) at another PO. Putting us with 3 routes each at home office.
If there are no Amazon parcels for a Delivery Unit, they are not a “Spoke” & RCAs should not be forced to help a Hub deliver. Those subs being forced should be filing unless they want to work.

If there are no Amazon parcels for a Delivery Unit, they are not a “Spoke” & RCAs should not be forced to help a Hub deliver. Those subs being forced should be filing unless they want to work.
That is only true if your district steward did not sign off on it years ago when Amazon started in the area. Here every RCA within 25 miles of the hub office is called in to help at the big(Hub) offices. This is true whether your office is an RMPO for the Hub or not. The Sunday Amazon for our own office is delivered on Monday, along with Monday's pallets of Amazon. I really dread Mondays and the day after a Monday holiday, just because of the Amazon packages.

That is only true if your district steward did not sign off on it years ago when Amazon started in the area. Here every RCA within 25 miles of the hub office is called in to help at the big(Hub) offices. This is true whether your office is an RMPO for the Hub or not. The Sunday Amazon for our own office is delivered on Monday, along with Monday's pallets of Amazon. I really dread Mondays and the day after a Monday holiday, just because of the Amazon packages.
A District Rep cannot make local deals. Hub & Spokes only work on Amazon Sundays out of a Hub. The Amazon MOU does not pertain to an office that does not have Sunday delivery in their area.

A District Rep cannot make local deals. Hub & Spokes only work on Amazon Sundays out of a Hub. The Amazon MOU does not pertain to an office that does not have Sunday delivery in their area.
News to me and our RCAs. The RCAs for our office are required to deliver the HUBs Amazon on Sunday and NONE of ours. This is been this way since Amazon started delivery in our area. And we are not an RMPO office for the HUB.

Did file waiting on ADR to see what happens. we are not a hub or spoke 2 distinct offices. Who both get normal mail parcels and our own Amazon delivered to us.

Back