USPS to hold virtual fair for maintenance jobs

I agree, accept there appears to be a hoop to jump. Is that your understanding too? I only copied a small portion of it.
I guess it's just a matter of whether or not they think it's worth the money to fight something or let it be. Very interesting.

§1207. Labor disputes​

(a) If there is a collective-bargaining agreement in effect, no party to such agreement shall terminate or modify such agreement unless the party desiring such termination or modification serves written notice upon the other party to the agreement of the proposed termination or modification not less than 90 days prior to the expiration date thereof, or not less than 90 days prior to the time it is proposed to make such termination or modification.
 
I never thought to cross reference USC with PAEA?
After reviewing each I was reminded of
one of the things in PAEA that bothers me.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the process, but
Under Title V Sec 506 bonus authority. This is directly under sec 505 Labor disputes.
If usps officers and senior executives are receiving "bonuses or other rewards"... "to achieve the objectives of this chapter"....doean't a rewards program for these folks taint the ability for them to bargain in good faith? Doesn't this set up an incentive for them to achieve the objectives of the chapter and not necessarily the qualities of good faith bargaining?
The names of the winners and their reward are supposed to be included in a comprehensive statement somewhere. At the very least, I see it as gloating and in very bad taste....but that's just me.
 
Back
Top