I'm in an odd situation where I am on detail in another office but have not been notified of a pending route adjustment.
I do understand that with my route being a 48K I will be cut but per contract doesn't management have to notify me before I am cut?
I saw this grievance but I don't know what happened afterword.
"On March 12, 2025, the parties discussed the above-captioned grievance at the fourth step of our contractual grievance procedure.
The issue in this grievance concerns a carrier’s right during the route adjustment process.
After reviewing this matter, we mutually agree that no national interpretive issue is fairly presented in this case.
Article 30.1.J states; “the regular rural carrier assigned to the route shall be notified in advance of any route adjustments and afforded the opportunity to submit comments in writing. The comments will be considered as a factor when such adjustments are under consideration and before any decision is made”.
Accordingly, we agree to remand the case to the parties at Step 3 for proper application and further processing, if necessary."
Has anyone been in this situation and if so, what was the outcome?
I do understand that with my route being a 48K I will be cut but per contract doesn't management have to notify me before I am cut?
I saw this grievance but I don't know what happened afterword.
"On March 12, 2025, the parties discussed the above-captioned grievance at the fourth step of our contractual grievance procedure.
The issue in this grievance concerns a carrier’s right during the route adjustment process.
After reviewing this matter, we mutually agree that no national interpretive issue is fairly presented in this case.
Article 30.1.J states; “the regular rural carrier assigned to the route shall be notified in advance of any route adjustments and afforded the opportunity to submit comments in writing. The comments will be considered as a factor when such adjustments are under consideration and before any decision is made”.
Accordingly, we agree to remand the case to the parties at Step 3 for proper application and further processing, if necessary."
Has anyone been in this situation and if so, what was the outcome?