All Aux routes getting the new Mercedes vans

DB.Cooper

Best answers
Haha.
The training was in the parking lot. Explained operation, features etc..
No one drove.
Lol... They sent our RCAs over 80 miles away and paid them mileage... js.... they shelled some cash here....

Far as I know, no Reg here can drive the vans without the training... :unsure:

DB.Cooper

Best answers
I get that they are larger than the LLV's, but thats why we don't use LLV's because they can't accommodate our routes. My POV has 135 cubic ft and I can fill that 3 times a day on my k route. These vehicles are still not big enough to help regulars on k routes.
3 x 135 = 405 cubic feet.... js.... what kinda vehicle is gonna handle that??? :unsure:

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

Best answers
We maxed out here at 20+ vans. Criteria was all routes below 36 miles, all are K routes...District assigned them.

I heard the reason why only Aux routes are getting the new vans is because they were designed to small for regular routes. The PO invested all that money and it does not accommodate the size of a K route. This is why they are throwing them at aux routes. Once again RCR 's are not getting any breaks.
Seems some offices are assigning the vans to K Routes..... :unsure:

DB.Cooper

Best answers
my thoughts exactly when i heard our auxie AND the longest route in the office was getting the vans....... so i enquired and was told a possible scenerio......IF the Auxie has the van and completes their routes early the van AND the Auxie RCA can be used on any route with POV that breaks down...???? what yall think?
Another thought I've had..... by introducing a Gov't vehicle in to all offices, even all POV offices.... it allows them to train all the RCAs, thereby making it easier to farm them out to other offices and for AMAZON Sunday's and so forth.... :unsure:

hockey94

Best answers
The "aux route" in the sh*(hole I work in was informed approx 3 months ago that the route was getting a van, no van yet. Someone finally input the new houses and it is now between 9-10 hrs instead of barely 5. We were both trained on it, and of course, I am not scheduled to get one. Typical PO BS !!

DB.Cooper

Best answers
The "aux route" in the sh*(hole I work in was informed approx 3 months ago that the route was getting a van, no van yet. Someone finally input the new houses and it is now between 9-10 hrs instead of barely 5. We were both trained on it, and of course, I am not scheduled to get one. Typical PO BS !!
Are you a Reg??? :unsure:

Our Auxy got the van, but they trained all RCAs in the office on LLV & Metris.... other than the van, it's a all POV office.... :whistle:

hockey94

Best answers
Yes, I am. My route is approx 75-85 miles. Well, I do not know if I am scheduled to get one. Its hard to get info due to incompetent mgt person.

Twingrlie

Best answers
All size regular routes. We do have alot of HCR's around here in the small offices. My POV Jeep is a 2017 so I held them off when I applied for the rebate from PO but I guess I should be back on the list in a year or two to get one. If they have any left at that point.
A 9 mile aux route got one here.

DB.Cooper

Best answers
The A/C knob came off mine after two days. It’s been at Mercedes for three weeks now. They couldn’t get it back in and had to replace the whole console and reprogram it.
Letter of Demand.... aka brand damned new Mercedes-Benz repair bill??? :whistle: 👉:oops:👈🤷‍♂️

MiddleOfNowhere

Best answers
Maintenance worker in my office said there is a hold on putting any more of these out on routes. Seems that they are leased and not purchased. Their worried about huge surcharges for damage. One that was put on a true rural route, had a full half inch of dust on the floor and enough dust on the dash, that you couldn, read the instrument panel after a month on the route. Carriers don't get paid for detailing them. We were expecting two of them in our apo/rmpo, but none have been delivered, while 70 sit in a lot, less than 100 miles away

DB.Cooper

Best answers
Oh. Lease would make a difference because this job is going to tear the crap out if them. Higher ups must not of looked at carrier vehicles beforehand!
They act like so much as a scratch will be treated like a full blown accident.... sheezy Louisy.... js.... maybe I don't want one.... :unsure:

MiddleOfNowhere

Best answers
They act like so much as a scratch will be treated like a full blown accident.... sheezy Louisy.... js.... maybe I don't want one.... :unsure:
Yeah, I can't believe it could pencil out that it could be cheaper to pay excess mileage on a lease, when you put 25k miles a year,more than the lease allowance, not to mention the 6 foot long scratches done the side, when a mailbox door falls open, as your driving away. Might also be some of these for sale, after the lease is up. Jeep is also now taking order for 2021 the wranglers again. Maintenance had also suggested that only the paved suburban rural routes,aux routes, and maybe city routes, could end up with t hem....

MiddleOfNowhere

Best answers
Leased? Have to see that in writing elsewhere. They serve a singular purpose and can't see Mercedes getting roped into anything less than full purchase.
Knowing how the po operates, they probably paid the full purchase price, broken down in yearly lease payments, and will give them back, paying more in over mileage and damage charges.. something is going on, with them not being distributed..they've been parked for 3 months. Batteries probably dying from nonuse...

Wilco183

Best answers
Knowing how the po operates, they probably paid the full purchase price, broken down in yearly lease payments, and will give them back, paying more in over mileage and damage charges.. something is going on, with them not being distributed..they've been parked for 3 months. Batteries probably dying from nonuse...
Who knows? Be something if there was a factory recall coming that we don't know about.

duhhuh2003

Best answers
Apparently all but one POV routes in our office will be getting the vans. I don't know why only one will not. We've already started receiving some. So far the carriers don't like them due to not having enough room up front plus the cage that stops access to the back.

DB.Cooper

Best answers
The A/C knob came off mine after two days. It’s been at Mercedes for three weeks now. They couldn’t get it back in and had to replace the whole console and reprogram it.
3 weeks for an AC knob.... Geezy Louisy.... the VMF peeps going from working on dinosaur LLVs to these modern German engineered vehicles.... Will be interesting to see if they're up to the challenge.... :unsure: