• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Edit Book and Mapping?

I was told that management is supposed to give you the opportunity to map every month before submitting the edit book. Is this correct? Our office has only done it once since we first mapped the routes.

They’re supposed to allow you to map whenever you need to. And I just found out last Tuesday from supervisor that we are required to do mapping every month. I didn’t know mapped locations could change out from under you until I recently read it here, so I wonder if that’s the reason for the new directive or if it was supposed to be that way all along. Last time I had mapped was September.

Problem is not all our supervisors know or care how to get into the mapping program or how to facilitate. And we aren’t always allowed to map when we ask, even by supervisors who know how. So now PM wants to force us to do it in morning before delivering route (on 8127 time), instead of at EOS because she doesn’t want to pay supervisor who knows how to do it to stay later than 4pm. Don’t know why PM doesn’t just change that supervisor’s hours instead. 🤦🏻
 
If only there were available/accessible computers in our office to do this on. If our pm isn't gone by the time we get back, pm is using the computer. Pm has to sign in for us in order to do mapping. We should be able to access these programs without having to jump through hoops to do so.
 
Indeed, you are supposed to send the edit books to AMS by the 10th of each month, then download and update DPM and LTM when you get the edit books back. End of shift. Print and save a copy every time.
This is how it's done. Some functions, like re- sequencing of the edit book in the DPM aren't done by us anymore. They do it when the red book goes up, then we fine tune the plot points when the Redbook comes back.
 
They’re supposed to allow you to map whenever you need to. And I just found out last Tuesday from supervisor that we are required to do mapping every month. I didn’t know mapped locations could change out from under you until I recently read it here, so I wonder if that’s the reason for the new directive or if it was supposed to be that way all along. Last time I had mapped was September.

Problem is not all our supervisors know or care how to get into the mapping program or how to facilitate. And we aren’t always allowed to map when we ask, even by supervisors who know how. So now PM wants to force us to do it in morning before delivering route (on 8127 time), instead of at EOS because she doesn’t want to pay supervisor who knows how to do it to stay later than 4pm. Don’t know why PM doesn’t just change that supervisor’s hours instead. 🤦🏻
That should be built into the route. Maybe ask if they will let you put it in as a second load time.
 
My pm told me that the 4003 no longer exists! We went under the rrecs program and it is no longer there. Is that the case moving forward or is it currently locked out. If yes, how do I get credit for new deliveries? I would greatly appreciate your guy’s input.

Thank you
 
My pm told me that the 4003 no longer exists! We went under the rrecs program and it is no longer there. Is that the case moving forward or is it currently locked out. If yes, how do I get credit for new deliveries? I would greatly appreciate your guy’s input.

Thank you
Nobody really knows, local management seems to think they will eventually get access back but I feel that they wouldn’t have made a whole new dispute system if it was only going to be temporary. New deliveries are still entered into your edit book and into WEB EASE by local management like always. They then send up the edit book for AMS to verify and then it gets put into your e4003 (mapping) for you to go in with your facilitator or management and update the proper placement of points.
 
Indeed, you are supposed to send the edit books to AMS by the 10th of each month, then download and update DPM and LTM when you get the edit books back. End of shift. Print and save a copy every time.
I've heard this exactly but where is it in writing for a potential grievance?

We have asked and asked to update our 1+ year old mapping and we never get to.
 
I've heard this exactly but where is it in writing for a potential grievance?

We have asked and asked to update our 1+ year old mapping and we never get to.
There was a training module from around February -March that broke it down. I think it was lumped in with the mini mail survey training. If your manager never had mail count training then they probably didn’t see it.
 
Back
Top