• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

FedEx Amazon loss contract

Wow, city carriers only lost Amazon, not rurals. Gee, who's idea was that?

I buy my dog's food in 55lb bags, at the store.

I think it's much easier to carry in bags than the boxes. I just fling it up over one shoulder and get it where it needs to be! I'd never buy that much if it came in a box, my arms are too short!

Remember Morty, the word will get out about those jobs.

Right now Amazon is begging for forklift pickers on our local radio...."we will train you! You don't need to fill out any paperwork, just sign up online and report to work!"?‍♀️
I had a forklift job several times. I loved every one I had. It sucked being in a factory location, but it was a nice job (low pay, but fun job) . Then I started working at the po as an aux route relief. So I needed a real job too. So I got another factory job that lead to another forklift position. Again, I loved it. Forklift work is generally easy work, some days was worse than others (what job isn’t?)..... then one day, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I got runned over by another forklift driver. Wasn’t his fault. Wasn’t my fault. It just was a bad luck of unfortunate events. Both bones in my lower left leg was fractured. Tibia was compound (I even got to SEE my shin bone sticking out of my leg, was an awsome sight, how many people can SAY they’ve seen their bone???)... that lead to a surgery with a plate on both bones, something like 20 screws between the plates and my ankle. I had 6 fractured foot bones that the surgeons decided to let heal on their own (he told me “it’d be like placing a band aid over a band aid over a band aid if we go in to try to repair the foot bones” ... the foot bones healed some what ok, I can still feel where they aren’t right, but all in all, they’re ok)....
That accident, ended up in me getting my full time route in the po. (I would have gotten it anyways, but I had a year vacation from both jobs (if u wanna call healing a vacation) with pay from the factory job (if you wanna call 2/3 of your paycheck PAY) and about 4 months vacation pay and sick leave from the po......
3 months into my full time po position, I many times miss driving forklift. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mail route, but I sure do hate where the po has gone since I started in 2012. (I can’t imagine what y’all ole timers think of this ?? now).....
But yeah, forklift jobs was a job I truely liked. It’s kinda like our po jobs, you either can do it or you can’t. You either love it or you hate it. I make more money now than I did doing both jobs. But I’m beginning to see how the frustrations being full time rc maybe isn’t worth it. Many days, I miss driving fork lift.....

or.....If usps was run by folks with a modicum of business sense......yet to be proven...... Time to renegotiate the contract... Deliveries where amazon and usps both service the area the price remains... Areas without amazon delivery, the price goes up.... They can pay us properly or they can shell out big bucks to make their own system or they can abandon customers...usps has nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing a little hard ass for a change...
You just made a funny..... I just spit beer on my iPad.....

I had a forklift job several times. I loved every one I had. It sucked being in a factory location, but it was a nice job (low pay, but fun job) . Then I started working at the po as an aux route relief. So I needed a real job too. So I got another factory job that lead to another forklift position. Again, I loved it. Forklift work is generally easy work, some days was worse than others (what job isn’t?)..... then one day, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I got runned over by another forklift driver. Wasn’t his fault. Wasn’t my fault. It just was a bad luck of unfortunate events. Both bones in my lower left leg was fractured. Tibia was compound (I even got to SEE my shin bone sticking out of my leg, was an awsome sight, how many people can SAY they’ve seen their bone???)... that lead to a surgery with a plate on both bones, something like 20 screws between the plates and my ankle. I had 6 fractured foot bones that the surgeons decided to let heal on their own (he told me “it’d be like placing a band aid over a band aid over a band aid if we go in to try to repair the foot bones” ... the foot bones healed some what ok, I can still feel where they aren’t right, but all in all, they’re ok)....
That accident, ended up in me getting my full time route in the po. (I would have gotten it anyways, but I had a year vacation from both jobs (if u wanna call healing a vacation) with pay from the factory job (if you wanna call 2/3 of your paycheck PAY) and about 4 months vacation pay and sick leave from the po......
3 months into my full time po position, I many times miss driving forklift. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mail route, but I sure do hate where the po has gone since I started in 2012. (I can’t imagine what y’all ole timers think of this ?? now).....
But yeah, forklift jobs was a job I truely liked. It’s kinda like our po jobs, you either can do it or you can’t. You either love it or you hate it. I make more money now than I did doing both jobs. But I’m beginning to see how the frustrations being full time rc maybe isn’t worth it. Many days, I miss driving fork lift.....
Sounds like you should have been paying closer attention to some of those personal injury lawyer commercials on TV.... ?

Sounds like you should have been paying closer attention to some of those personal injury lawyer commercials on TV.... ?
If only it were that easy. On job injury is nothing like an auto accident personal injury. When it’s all said and done, I’ll get a little something from this accident, but all in all, workman’s comp already paid me.... workman’s comp don’t pay pain and suffering, auto accidents do. Workman’s comp pays wages while off, auto accidents don’t.
I’ve looked into it..... I can’t settle until my dr says in fully recouperated. If I do, and I need another surgery, that surgery is on my bill, not workers comp. (same with auto injury I believe).....

I miss my warehouse jobs too all in all I worked in warehousing/distribution/LTL clerk for over a decade but downsizing companies made me take a buyout. Some great times doing that...

Still working in distribution I guess..

I miss my warehouse jobs too all in all I worked in warehousing/distribution/LTL clerk for over a decade but downsizing companies made me take a buyout. Some great times doing that...

Still working in distribution I guess..
Not exactly a warehouse, but when I was 17 I had a summer job at an ice dock. Was just talking about it yesterday.... Couldn't have asked for a better, fun summer job. Wooden dock, always watered down to slide 200 pound blocks of ice in and out of the icehouse. The blocks were scored, so you could chip them into 50 pound blocks to keep old fashioned ice boxes cold. There was a summer camp nearby that still had those.

Every morning a truck would arrive to unload, sliding the huge blocks down a ramp straight into the icehouse. The guy running the place wisely left that up to his teenaged help saying, "time to learn about the laws of nature, boys." It was like Leave it to Beaver everyday.

I don't think Fed EX will lose that much by giving up AZON. They have an arrangement with WAL MART to open 500 FED EX locations in their stores. That is cheaper than opening a stand alone location for them.

It also gives them a foothold as WAL MARTS delivery provider . WAL Mart is AKA the "fulfillment center" as they compete with AZON for on line purchases.

If only it were that easy. On job injury is nothing like an auto accident personal injury. When it’s all said and done, I’ll get a little something from this accident, but all in all, workman’s comp already paid me.... workman’s comp don’t pay pain and suffering, auto accidents do. Workman’s comp pays wages while off, auto accidents don’t.
I’ve looked into it..... I can’t settle until my dr says in fully recouperated. If I do, and I need another surgery, that surgery is on my bill, not workers comp. (same with auto injury I believe).....
I hope all of this info has been confirmed and validated with a personal injury lawyer... if not, I'd be getting an opinion and reading on it from a good lawyer... jmho... ;)

I don't think Fed EX will lose that much by giving up AZON. They have an arrangement with WAL MART to open 500 FED EX locations in their stores. That is cheaper than opening a stand alone location for them.

It also gives them a foothold as WAL MARTS delivery provider . WAL Mart is AKA the "fulfillment center" as they compete with AZON for on line purchases.
All of my recent orders I've had from Wal-Mart have been delivered by Fed-Ex... I've had better delivery service from Wal-Mart than from Amazon lately...

Ironically, the local Walmart loves the post office and is sick of Fedex and their shenanigans
I had one Wal-Mart order that had a USPS scan on it for the PO, but FedEx just delivered themselves... not sure what the local Wal-Mart thinks of them tho... most of my orders seem to get shipped from 2 or 3 states away... which is somewhat puzzling...

DB... I deliver and do Parcel P/U's for many smaller chain stores. Here in smaller than Mayberry, if you are a walk in browser at some of these smaller chain stores who do not have the item/size/color you are looking for. Will ask you to wait a second while they check their internal national database of stores that might have the item/size/color you are looking for.

If the item is available at another store the customer is given the option of paying this store now and have the item shipped to the home or to the point of purchase store. The store that has the item gets a % of the sale and some sort of a award for the packager from the other store.

So I would imagine Wally World is doing the same thing for on line purchases which could explain your 3 States away thing. Many of the items I pick up and deliver to are from States away.

rcflyn...never waste a good gulp of beer over usps or fedex or ups... wassa matter wit yooz? ha ha...
I never waste good alcohol (that’s alcohol abuse).....
But every once in awhile, someone makes a good funny, and I can’t help but abuse alcohol when said funny is said as I’m taking a drink....
On the bright side, my iPad gets drunker than I do on many occasions.....

I don’t have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down..... NO PROBLEM......

(There was a good one I can’t remember atm, something about AA members go to meetings, I was gonna throw it in here too, but I can’t remember it)

I think it's wild the way Wally World does it's shipping.... I may order 3, or 4, or 5 items to hit the $35 threshold of free shipping... and then they may ship each from a different location... hard to believe they're making much $$$ money with all of that shipping... also had to believe they're paying much for the shipping... :unsure:

Back