• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Following orders = losing job?

I went and looked at that.. I was a bit off, I had to be almost 2 months at that point. If anything maybe I meant a month worked? Original hire date was Feb 2nd and that's according to my email and PS 50.

Has there ever been an instance where dues come out of someones pay before their 90? Because they definitely came out of my pay. If no, then I shouldn't be SOL, right?
It's a LOT harder to fight anything while you are still on probation... basically that's what probation is all about... it let's them get rid of anybody for just about any reason, without too much hassle... but, if you were past probation via having worked more than 90 actual work days, then that puts you on a better footing... just sayin'... :unsure:

Payin' the dues doesn't mean you're off probation, as you can start payin' the dues right away... believe me, the NRLCA wouldn't make anybody wait to start payin' the dues... they LOVE collecting themselves up some dues... just sayin'... ?

Had a very seasoned (40 years with the USPS) PM tell me one time "if Management wants to get rid of you.........they can.......the USPS has so many rules.....I can guarantee you break some rule everyday you didn't even know existed." So I was told that in the first few months of being a RCA........thought what have I got myself into? So that is when I started my quest to become knowledgeable about my chosen craft. Read everything I could....603, Contract and manuals ....but it was only when I found this website with all the awesome Rural Carriers who come on and take their time to educate others.......all the information available here.....that I really felt empowered. You are only one abusive or mentally ill PM or Supervisor away from having a bad work environment. If that happens, the only thing you will have going for you is your knowledge about your craft
The "nobody can follow ALL of the rules" mantra applies to mngt as well... I've seen a few of them get canned for crossing others... if they want to start sniping about every little thing, then 2 or more can play that game... just sayin'... I've not seen any "perfect" managers in my 20 years here... actually haven't really even seen any come close... just sayin'... :unsure:

We got a "new" sub in our office... I say "new" because they've been there 4 or 5 months now... as far as I know they've never even had to run an entire Reg Rt by themselves... they just split it for them....

Geezy Louisy... when I started they just threw you on it and it was sink or swim... can't hang, well there's the door... don't let it hit ya, where the good Lord split ya... if you didn't get done until late, then that's just how it was... you better get faster.... just sayin'... they don't make subs like they used to.... :unsure:

I didn't have time to cry when I started, I told myself I could cry when I got home.
As it turns out, I didn't cry then, either, as I was too tired!

(My supervisor at the time didn't want any women in the work force. He felt I was talking the one day a week job away from some man.)

There was an old guy when I first started that felt the same way. Women are taking a job away from a man. This same guy was told to fix his car up by the PM so he spray painted it yellow and drove around a ballfield. Genius stuff.

Oh my geerrrd, sounds like when I started. Oh boy...it was bad. Really bad. This is the only job that has ever made me cry, and I am a grown man, with a beard. I think my supervisor wanted to kill me. She told me I was the worst they had ever seen. ha ha! My excuse was that I was new and didn't know the routes. It was true. Makes me sick thinking of it. :C

Thank you for sharing this. I'm not a cryer, but this job made me cry on several occasions.... Once while delivering in the dark on a route I didn't know, and many times after I got home.... Sheer exhaustion.... No job before ever did that to me. My husband thought I was nuts, actually WANTING to work a job that seemingly made me so miserable. I guess I am lost cause. Three months after quitting, I still miss delivering.

Thats how it was for me, any day I was off there was a chance I could've been called in and slapped on some route I knew nothing about and it happened, a lot. I MIGHT have someone case it for me which is a nightmare in itself because half the stuff isn't cased right. No line of travel paperwork available and having someone yelling down your throat you need to be back before truck. Straight up setting people up for failure and they wonder why the retention rate sucks ass. But no its the carriers fault. Lets just get rid of the carrier and get someone else in here and spend more money, yeah that'll work.

I hated having someone else case.... Spent the whole day finding mistakes....

After my last comment, I was chauffeuring my daughter to her next event, and had a flashback of the first time this job put me in tears. My husband and I had tickets to go see Jim Gaffigan about an hour away from our home. Show was supposed to start at 7:30 pm. Plenty of time, right? We missed the show; I didn't get off work in time. We'd had a babysitter lined up and everything. My husband and I have been on maybe 5 dates since we've had kids in the last 12 years...

I always felt like that too. Amazon setting USPS up for failure. USPS setting its employees up for failure....
I just wonder why anybody would miss being out of this mess... I'm looking forward to the day when I can see the USPS in my rearview mirror... ?

I ask the District Manager how much it cost to get a RCA up and running..............$6700.00 to 6800.00 ........also told us that the PM can request additional training time.......after the regular training time...........I have personally been witness to 28 days of part and full days a RCA was trained.......they really don't want you to quit or get fired............your PM is a moron. No wonder the Postal Service is going belly up......which we were also told........the Postal Service has no money after 2024 to pay wages..........which mean 5 years to turn this ship around.............

Back