• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Formula

We at one time had three PTF's and we won our formula grievance. It worked out ok for mgt. though because one of the PTF's had already made plans to move and one became full time. Not sure why a fellow carrier did it but he agreed to keep his non Saturday relief so the PTF kept a Saturday plus that Tuesday. Otherwise the PTF was going to be excessed.

They can't take a Monday away. They can take a Saturday away. I've been through it. I'm a junior carrier to the majority and landed a Monday k route recently. You can give it up, they can't take it. I was grandfathered into it. A lot of carriers were not happy.View attachment 721
bringing up this old thread with a new question. you said you got to keep monday relief day, as it was that when you got the route... we are just implementing the formula now, and only two carriers out of 8 are going to get a saturday relief. i'm in position to be the first, to request a non-saturday relief day, and will choose monday. if at some time in the future, we lose another sub, due to them resigning, a regular retirement, or whatever, will the formula be recalculated, and everyone will choose their day over? will one of the saturday carriers that loose the day, be able to bump me from my monday? any documentation appreciated...

bringing up this old thread with a new question. you said you got to keep monday relief day, as it was that when you got the route... we are just implementing the formula now, and only two carriers out of 8 are going to get a saturday relief. i'm in position to be the first, to request a non-saturday relief day, and will choose monday. if at some time in the future, we lose another sub, due to them resigning, a regular retirement, or whatever, will the formula be recalculated, and everyone will choose their day over? will one of the saturday carriers that loose the day, be able to bump me from my monday? any documentation appreciated...
Once you have a non Saturday relief day they cannot make you change that day and it stays with the route. If a regular retires it will not change either unless you choose a different relief day. If you lose RCA's they cannot change your non Saturday relief day. The only way you will lose your Monday is if you change routes or mutually choose another relief day. I've posted before a step 4 that settled this previously. I'm busy at the moment but if you look through some of my posts you should find it.

Once you have a non Saturday relief day they cannot make you change that day and it stays with the route. If a regular retires it will not change either unless you choose a different relief day. If you lose RCA's they cannot change your non Saturday relief day. The only way you will lose your Monday is if you change routes or mutually choose another relief day. I've posted before a step 4 that settled this previously. I'm busy at the moment but if you look through some of my posts you should find it.

Almost right. There IS a way to lose a non-Saturday Relief Day. No one day can have more Relief Days than a Saturday has. So if Saturday has 3 Reliefs & loses a Sub & drops to 2 (per formula) for any weekday that has 3 Relief Days, mgmt must offer by Seniority & force by Junior for one of those 3 to change to a Day that only has 1.

Well in my situation, I'm in a very large office umbrella. 3 offices in total. Very suburban, minimal real rural. There's around 20 Saturdays and 4 Monday routes. Every other day has around 6-8 routes for every day. So in my situation they are not giving any more Monday k days. They don't like giving Mondays away. On all those Monday holidays I get free 3 day weekends, then that forces another Saturday that they have to cover. I know that there's several others that post much more frequently than I, that also are Monday k routes. DB, Morty and a few others. If you can choose Monday and you're the senior than take it. I figure as long as I stay on this route I won't give up my Monday. If I did, I'm not sure someone else would get it. So I would be doing them a favor to just switch to an easier route with a Saturday, once I have more seniority, pass down this route with a Monday. @MiddleOfNowhere received_571270760070342.png

they really didn't want to give out a monday to start with, and i gave them a copy of formula analysis that was from in the late 90's, stating that monday was a valid non saturday relief day. super said i would be the only one. i know that within a year, we will probably only have one rca, working every day they want. 7 k routes, plus an aux route, so there may be some ship jumping by regulars that could go any time.

working the saturday for a monday holiday, will be expected, and doesn't really bother me. i understand the position that management is in, and there isn't anything they can do to improve conditions.

i was just concerned about losing monday, or being bumped from it, when the next sub goes. there will always be someone that won't get a relief day, each week.

each loss of a sub, changes the formula, and number of saturday relief days.

how long can regulars put up with being forced in, six days a week? i told the pm he better start looking for a rhd...

they really didn't want to give out a monday to start with, and i gave them a copy of formula analysis that was from in the late 90's, stating that monday was a valid non saturday relief day. super said i would be the only one. i know that within a year, we will probably only have one rca, working every day they want. 7 k routes, plus an aux route, so there may be some ship jumping by regulars that could go any time.

working the saturday for a monday holiday, will be expected, and doesn't really bother me. i understand the position that management is in, and there isn't anything they can do to improve conditions.

i was just concerned about losing monday, or being bumped from it, when the next sub goes. there will always be someone that won't get a relief day, each week.

each loss of a sub, changes the formula, and number of saturday relief days.

how long can regulars put up with being forced in, six days a week? i told the pm he better start looking for a rhd...
Screenshot_20191023-215050.png
Your situation does not sound like a desirable one. I'm sure they will be able to use regulars in emergency situations as they'll cite. In real emergency situations where I'm at the station managers have been known to deliver routes, because of no other option. You shouldn't be bumped from Mondays. I'm surprised some of the other known posters haven't chimed in yet but I'm sure they will. I think I'm in one of the larger offices in my district. They had to implement the formula because of the need for RCA's so make sure people put in their 120 day letters. In case you get some new hires entice them to your route because they will be guaranteed to work a route they know on Mondays and will be pretty much guaranteed a Saturday to work too.

Your situation does not sound like a desirable one. I'm sure they will be able to use regulars in emergency situations as they'll cite. In real emergency situations where I'm at the station managers have been known to deliver routes, because of no other option. You shouldn't be bumped from Mondays. I'm surprised some of the other known posters haven't chimed in yet but I'm sure they will. I think I'm in one of the larger offices in my district. They had to implement the formula because of the need for RCA's so make sure people put in their 120 day letters. In case you get some new hires entice them to your route because they will be guaranteed to work a route they know on Mondays and will be pretty much guaranteed a Saturday to work too.
[/QUOTE]
i've been through the contract, and everything that pertains to formula, multiple times. just looking for advice from others that have found "loopholes" , to help my case. being in a larger office like yours, is a completely different situation, as relief days and changes in number of rcas is not as fluid that it is, when numbers get down as low as what we have. i actually have an rca that is trying to learn, (her first route), but i'm not to hopeful that she will survive. she's usually around 9-10 to deliver 1/2 the route, which i understand that it hasn't clicked yet. but her patience may change once she gets past being paid hourly through the first 5 or whatever pay periods.

i had monday relief through mutual agreement for the past year plus, so that was good to experience knowing that it would be my day of choice, even if saturday was available to me.

Back